Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I wish we could find out how much revenue we as a FT community made the USPS ... I know me / my family bought exactly 282 stamps. Definitely more than I've ever used in my lifetime!
The USPS has been going bankrupt for a long time... losing billions of dollar.

I can't image their financial situation if they didn't do smaller amazon boxes and smartpost with fedex....
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by NickHH
Despite receiving the 'No more entries' email, I received 37 more emails today. 35 still outstanding.
And the other 35 arrived.

Mailed 94 on 12/10/15, received 22 emails in the first half of January, 17 on one day, and 1 per day for five days, then none until I sent several emails to HW and IHG this week.

I don't think they magically found any entries today.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:33 am

The USPS is faced with government regulations not allowing them to make decisions like UPS & FedEx are able to make.

The Federal Government does not subsidize USPS by any means, yet it imposes many rules that negatively affect USPS. Sometime back, when the Federal Government needed revenues, they required USPS to hand over huge sums of money.

Had USPS been allowed to make decisions like a business is allowed to do, it would not be in the financial condition it is today.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Johnhay
anyone sent out entries today?
Originally Posted by NickHH
And the other 35 arrived.

Mailed 94 on 12/10/15, received 22 emails in the first half of January, 17 on one day, and 1 per day for five days, then none until I sent several emails to HW and IHG this week.

I don't think they magically found any entries today.
I'm curious if they are going to send any of the remaining plays, especially the ones postmarked on the 16th. I have 12 from about 2-3 weeks ago and nothing.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I wish we could find out how much revenue...made the USPS
How much does it cost to make a 1 cent stamp?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
I'm curious if they are going to send any of the remaining plays, especially the ones postmarked on the 16th. I have 12 from about 2-3 weeks ago and nothing.
I stated on an earlier post that my boyfriend only received 30 emails (sent 94 cards) but I have been able to replay the emails. I did receive the, "Thanks for your Enthusiasm" message 2x while playing so I waited a day and then replayed. Total plays are now 93.

I mailed his cards on
2/4 - 30
2/9 - 30
2/11 - 34

Total Points - 58,000
2x 5k
1x 2k
2x 1k
88x 500

ETA: I also had 93 plays. My total potins are 50,500pts

Last edited by Collee; Feb 18, 2016 at 7:20 am
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:16 am

I sent in all 94 in two batches of 47, I want to say the first batch was February 4th and the second batch was the 8th. But I am not 100% certain.

So far have received 45 all at once on the 14th. Which makes me think they missed 2 from that batch. I wish they would speed this process up a little thinking it might be time to write an email an ask what is going on.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:47 am

sent mine in 3 batches: early Dec, late Dec and early Jan. received the last 27 entries last night, won a total 52500 pts, not bad.

And just saw someone on a Chinese credit card forum reported he won the IHG Paris Tennis Tournament prize.

http://www.moonbbs.com/thread-1436349-1-1.html
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lou123
The USPS is faced with government regulations not allowing them to make decisions like UPS & FedEx are able to make.

The Federal Government does not subsidize USPS by any means, yet it imposes many rules that negatively affect USPS. Sometime back, when the Federal Government needed revenues, they required USPS to hand over huge sums of money.

Had USPS been allowed to make decisions like a business is allowed to do, it would not be in the financial condition it is today.
Not entirely true. They get massive indirect subsidies. They are exempt from paying property taxes on any of their buildings, they don't have pay to register any of their vehicles these 2 things alone are massive cost savings. Plus the fact that the federal government grants them certain monopolies like the mailbox even if you buy and install your own mailbox it is illegal for anyone other than the post office to put something in there. They also have received interest free loans in the billions from the federal government that they aren't likely to pay back and the federal government runs their retirement program
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GreatStarSe7en
sent mine in 3 batches: early Dec, late Dec and early Jan. received the last 27 entries last night, won a total 52500 pts, not bad.

And just saw someone on a Chinese credit card forum reported he won the IHG Paris Tennis Tournament prize.

http://www.moonbbs.com/thread-1436349-1-1.html
Interesting that you have to pass a background check to get the prize.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
Originally Posted by miadukes
Interesting that you have to pass a background check to get the prize.
When I leave the United States it requires a passport, which in turn required a background check.

Then again, another background check? Based on these grounds ...
Originally Posted by IHG Paris Tennis Tournament T&C
Please note, if the Sponsor determines that the potential winner is not an appropriate brand representative based on the results of the confidential background check, potential winner forfeits the prize.
This is hilarious. It's fun to imagine what kind of character might be deemed an inappropriate brand representative. Reminds me of all the wording around discrimination against US job applicants, and the laws set up to protect said applicants.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Is this a Chinese language forum, or a forum of people from China? Because there's that US residency requirement in the rules. It would be easy for a resident of China to just use a US address on the account to qualify initially for all the 500 point prizes, IHG won't check those. But when they run the background check...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by swag
Is this a Chinese language forum, or a forum of people from China? Because there's that US residency requirement in the rules. It would be easy for a resident of China to just use a US address on the account to qualify initially for all the 500 point prizes, IHG won't check those. But when they run the background check...
a forum of people form China, I believe most of the users are studying or working in the US, thus they all have valid US address. But the winner should still need to satisfy this

Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to MasterCard®individual and small business cardholders whose account was opened by a MasterCard customer financial institution before November 15, 2015 and is still active, who are legal permanent residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty one (21) years old and the age of majority at the time of entry, and who register for the Promotion and are enrolled in the IHG® Rewards Club program.

Last edited by GreatStarSe7en; Feb 18, 2016 at 2:29 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GreatStarSe7en
a forum of people form China, I believe most of the users are studying or working in the US, thus they all have valid US address. But the winner should still need to satisfy this

Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to MasterCard®individual and small business cardholders whose account was opened by a MasterCard customer financial institution before November 15, 2015 and is still active, who are legal permanent residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty one (21) years old and the age of majority at the time of entry, and who register for the Promotion and are enrolled in the IHG® Rewards Club program.
How do they determine legal residence? They certainly aren't checking citizen and proof of legal presence before giving out these prizes.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Change in Email Address on Game Play Notification

Not that it matters...but I notice today that the 4 plays that I received came from a new email address. The new address is [email protected] and the old address was [email protected]. Hmmm FWIW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.