Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Agree.

I wonder how much of the burden or costs fall on Mastercard vs IHG.
How about HelloWorld as well? No doubt the promotion was designed jointly. The failure, for example, to do the quick turnarounds (especially for those who entered early) as promised, plus numerous lost or misplaced entries, points posting to the wrong account, is not just an IHG issue. Even if IHG is responsible for 100% of the prizes there are "fees" payable to HelloWorld for the promotion which IHG is no doubt questioning. After all, the additional time for IHG staff to read and research hundreds of emails and answer calls regarding the promotion is an expense. I agree with whoever wrote that we won't see this kind of promotion again. With millions of points given away (and no stays attached to most entries) IHG lost plenty on this one. Little did they know that the big Priceless Surprise winner would be the Post Office.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by JBG89
Does anyone know why if they received 59 entries, i only have 29 plays?

Shipped letters 1/7 - received emails last night, 2/7

Thank you for your patience and for reaching out to The IHG and MasterCard Priceless Surprises Promotion. We have processed a total of 59 entries belonging to you. You currently have 28 tokens available. Please see your unique link below.
maybe have you played those? When I emailed HW they were a bit off on how many 500 pt wins I had..and totally didnt have record of a $50 mc..

Originally Posted by mschwa3439
When I go to the FAQ/email link, it has my last name listed wrong, will that make a difference, i've had 5K of my 34K points post so far.

I mean they had the right email, so IDK what they are using as their key Identifyers.
my last name was mispelled on the FAQ....maybe thats what happend to my last remaining plays..went to some other IHG account number
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i haven't updated the wiki much..mainly cuz i dont have any more plays...cant tell when things are posting/emails coming...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
People,

For those of you who are still waiting for your entries, the quickest way to get some resolution or at least some additional info, as reported on this thread in the past 2 weeks, is to EMAIL HW, thru the FAQ tab.

You will find an online form prefilled with your name, email address and IHG number. Just fill out the comment part of your issues. They DO reply your inquiry within 48 hours. The replies posted so far actually demonstrated to me that they no longer are any canned reply, but really looked like someone actually looked into the matter and provided additional information.

The most obvious example is one person who have communications from HW 2 times, finally told him he would need to resend the entries due to the IHG number was invalid on some entries.

It is this post that prompted me to email HW on missing plays and HW resolved it within 48 hours.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26132040-post2305.html

Again, for those keep asking questions here on what to do, GO BACK a week's worth of pages or so and you will find your answers on what is the most effective way to resolve your issues. Email IHG is NOT the one!

As I said a few times, HW actually looked at the issues brought to their attention since last 2 weeks. Their responses have been timely and no longer canned! I got a response from them within 1.5 days after sent them an inquiry thru the FAQ on my husband's account in a Friday Evening! They said he should have received 34 remaining plays now. If not, contact them next week. Less than an hour after that response, he received ALL 34 plays in his inbox.

Therefore, you really should contact HW via the FAQ - you would receive an automatic response assigned you a Case ID and you can from that point on, use that auto reply as your address to send any follow up. Chances are, you may get your plays sometimes next week without the need to follow up!

For those of you who suffered the glitch on 01/19, and received an email confirming you would have earned points on your plays but still haven't seen the points - then IHG would be the entity you follow up this first. Use the missing form on IHG site because you have already won the points on 01/19 but the points not posted. That is different from those who are still missing plays.

I can't seem to find the FAQ link. I've searched both the HelloWorld site and the IHG promotional page without luck.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by rendezvous
I can't seem to find the FAQ link. I've searched both the HelloWorld site and the IHG promotional page without luck.
Are you looking for the contact link?

https://www.helloworld.com/contact

There is also an email address in the wiki.

And here are the rules.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rendezvous
The FAQ is right under the screen once you hit your email to play - even you get the "enthusiasm" mark, i.e. ran out of valid play, the FAQ is still at the bottom. Click that, it opens up a window with all your personal data prefilled in a form - your name, email address, IHG account number, should be identical as what you wrote on your entries.

Then choose the subject from the drop down menu (they do not quite fit in the missing plays but pick the closest), write your inquiry in the comment area then hit submit.

You would then get an automatic reply with a Case ID. In the case you need to follow up, you can use that as a reply.

The preference to use the FAQ form to submit your inquiry is, ALL your credentials are already prefilled - there is no need for HW to match your personal data if you use the Contact US form which works but seems to take longer to get response.

Many people have gotten their missing plays within 1 to 3 days after they contacted HW, since a week or so ago.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
I want to agree with this but I also think of the unintended consequence of now everyone who got in on this promo might stay with IHG more often, atleast for me that is the case. I am looking at mainly IHG properties for my future trips altho I still have the Choice card and look at those as well but I had/have a trip planned for May that so far 5 out of 7 nights are booked at IHG properties, the other 2 i haven't booked yet but would most likely be IHG. So it might turn out a win for them. Oh and those properties I am paying for 4 nights (and 3 are on points that I bought(not free)) so yeah they've unintentionally made money off of me thanks to this promo.

I also have plans now to book a weekend at an IC in August for a surprise Anniversay stay so yeah, i don't doubt they/ve gained a lot more customers thanks to the promo. They would acutally be smart to do it again!
Make sure you also register the 2016 Acceleration Promotion - each one has a different set of tasks to complete to earn a final bonus. Mine is much easier than DH's so we would only do mine and forego his.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16

The 2016 Acceleration started January 1st and runs thru Apr 30. I hope you have registered before any of your January onward stays, because a single stay in January would earn 5K pts for anyone, and that is outside the Task one needs to complete in order to win an additional bonus which is quite large for some people.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
I remember years back when IHG had a sweep/promo/puzzler when they would post a different photo every week of some exotic place where they have a property and if you figured it out early enough (before the photo completes) they would give you thousands of points ... we had great fun with that one here on FT not to mention the thousands of points earned
That one was great fun! Though I did not remember it was a sweepstakes though. You went to a site to submit your "guess" on the weekly photo. There were lots of community efforts to figure out where those photos were taken. Very fun promo.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Make sure you also register the 2016 Acceleration Promotion - each one has a different set of tasks to complete to earn a final bonus. Mine is much easier than DH's so we would only do mine and forego his.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate16

The 2016 Acceleration started January 1st and runs thru Apr 30. I hope you have registered before any of your January onward stays, because a single stay in January would earn 5K pts for anyone, and that is outside the Task one needs to complete in order to win an additional bonus which is quite large for some people.
Yes I registered but couldn't fit a stay in January so lost out on that bonus. I am hoping my account has a hidden February offer but so far I don't think so. I prob wont complete all tasks as it asks me for 15 nights, a little bi t out of my reach and pocket lol
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:57 pm

Been missing 25-30 entries. E-mailed HW last week and got an e-mail back today they are processing 94 total entries, so another positive data point.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:51 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I mailed in a total of 46 entries between Dec 14 and Jan 20. Points from 45 plays have posted(25,500). I assume one of the 46 entries was rejected or lost.

I sent another 31 yesterday, and the rest today. I am sending one extra for a total of 95, which will give me an even 94.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:34 pm

Ugh, found the answer.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
Yes I registered but couldn't fit a stay in January so lost out on that bonus. I am hoping my account has a hidden February offer but so far I don't think so. I prob wont complete all tasks as it asks me for 15 nights, a little bi t out of my reach and pocket lol
DH has 5 brands and 15 nights as 2 activities. We said No Way!

I read you have an IC stay planned that is a weekend? - if you would have more IC stays in the future you may consider buying the Ambassador status. It gives an annual b1g1 weekend night starting immediately when you got the package. You will receive some fruit plate amenity on each IHG stay and room upgrade when available. The b1g1 weekend night would make the cost break even with the rest being gravy.

Then the real benefits start from 2nd year renewal (cheaper cost too).

It offers an additional 10% rebate on reward redemption on top of the 10% from holding the IHG credit card, when you renew the status next year (there are a few options to choose from on how you want to renew).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
I mailed in a total of 46 entries between Dec 14 and Jan 20. Points from 45 plays have posted(25,500). I assume one of the 46 entries was rejected or lost.

I sent another 31 yesterday, and the rest today. I am sending one extra for a total of 95, which will give me an even 94.
why would they be rejected? highly questionable if they would lose that many letters, especially if using a printer for the address..
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:39 pm

i got 12 emails today for my entries, but only 8 of them worked. the other 4 said i have used all of my instant wins and they appreciate my enthusiasm... does that mean im done with the promo? i did send in at least 10 more entries this wk and would hate to have them to go to waste.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.