Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I haven't gotten my first prize entry yet, and I'm now becoming slightly depressed that there'll be nothing left for the rest of us
Relax. That is really quite a stupid thought. There was clearly no limit to the number of prizes they are just backed up.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Relax. That is really quite a stupid thought. There was clearly no limit to the number of prizes they are just backed up.
By "nothing" left, I meant Group B specifically.

(You might want to rethink calling other posters "stupid" by the way)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
With that string of good luck, this might be an opportune time for you to buy a lottery ticket
Hmm, not a bad thought

I haven't gotten my first prize entry yet, and I'm now becoming slightly depressed that there'll be nothing left for the rest of us
Don't worry, the prizes are awarded by random times chosen throughout the contest period, hopefully with something of an even distribution. If anything your chances are better later when everyone else has used theirs up as there will be less competition.

On a side note, I dreamt last night I won a Caribbean cruise in this promo (not one of the prizes, I know.) Spent the whole dream trying to sell it off to other ppl as I can't stand cruises. lol
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: QF LTG
By "nothing" left, I meant Group B specifically.

(You might want to rethink calling other posters "stupid" by the way)
I didn't call you stupid.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was somewhat of a PITA to figure out how to use my Canon Pixma to print envelopes, but SO worth it!

Here's an easy link on how to use wordpad to address your envelopes:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5839813_prin...s-wordpad.html
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
My SO has a US-based IHG account but a non-US Mastercard. But since I am going to be passing through the US during the promo period (I can buy the correct sized index cards - damn metric system! - and pay domestic postage rates) I thought I might do some busy work and earn her some points.

I suspect that the request for the first 6 digits of a card number do nothing more than identify the card issuer to confirm that the applicant probably has a Mastercard. Has anybody tried a foreign Mastercard, or should I try to find a volunteer to let me know the first six digits of a US-issued Mastercard?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:59 am

I sent my 94 out almost a month ago and still no e-mails yet...I realize they may be backed up, but this is somewhat concerning and annoying.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by bmrisko
I sent my 94 out almost a month ago and still no e-mails yet...I realize they may be backed up, but this is somewhat concerning and annoying.
I totally agree. I sent out 5 test entries on 11/17. We are going on almost a month and I still have received nothing. People who have sent out envelopes on 11/18 have gotten emails. 5 days has long passed.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by googs185
I totally agree. I sent out 5 test entries on 11/17. We are going on almost a month and I still have received nothing. People who have sent out envelopes on 11/18 have gotten emails. 5 days has long passed.
It sucks to be unlucky. But my guess is that your patience will eventually be rewarded. Perhaps on a Friday, when the mass emails seem to randomly occur.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
It sucks to be unlucky. But my guess is that your patience will eventually be rewarded. Perhaps on a Friday, when the mass emails seem to randomly occur.
I'm just debating whether I should send in the other 89 entries and the 94 for my wife?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:24 am
rev

Originally Posted by googs185
I'm just debating whether I should send in the other 89 entries and the 94 for my wife?
In my opinion, I don't see the point in waiting. If anything, since their is some inconsistency with the amount of time and amount of entries getting acknowledged, I would say mailing them sooner would be beneficial. This way, if a certain amount of entries don't receive emails to play, you can mail in the difference between 94 the amount they accepted. If you wait the odds don't increase in any respect - for either prizes or chances they'll accept them - and if they take long to send a gameplay emails for your entries, the contest may be over by the time you get them, losing your ability to mail in any amount that were disregarded.

Even if you weren't planning on mailing in the difference, nothing is really gained by waiting - unless someone knows something I don't.

That's my made up unreliable theory at least. I was going to spread them out over the course of the contest, but just sent the rest of mine in this weekend partially because of this idea, and partially impatience. Expecting my emails in February.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Did you register for the promotion before sending in your entries?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:34 pm

Sent 94x 4 batches for family and gf over different days before and after thanksgiving - haven't heard back for anyone yet
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Anyone have experience with NOT putting a return address?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by ariyo15
Anyone have experience with NOT putting a return address?
SO and I received 188 entries. Neither of us had return address

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.