Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Technical Difficulty=1,000 bonus points

Received the following email from IHG yesterday:

It appears you may have encountered a technical difficulty while registering for Priceless Surprises. We want to make that up to you.
The problem has been fixed and 1,000 bonus points are waiting for you. Please register by November 30th to earn your reward.
And of course, you’ll still earn 1,000 bonus points for the first time you book and stay* with your MasterCard anytime between November 15th & February 15th.
Thank you for your loyalty. We hope to see you soon.
I clicked on the registration link contained in the email and successfully registered for the promotion. The 1000 points have not yet posted, nor would I expect them to post that quickly. I guess I can consider this my first Priceless Surprise!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Priceless Surprises Promotion

I think the USPS is the real winner here
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I think the USPS is the real winner here
Watch them misdirect all our mail-in entries...or return them to sender...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:14 am

Mastercard requirements

From the T&C

2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to MasterCard® individual and small business cardholders whose account was opened by a MasterCard customer financial institution before November 15, 2015 and is still active

However, when speaking with IHG Rewards, I asked if the IHG branded MC was required to be used for this promotion and they stated yes.

I don't have a IHG branded MC, but was allowed to sign up for the promotion, and it shows as an offer I signed up for, even though I heard that the emails for signup only went to IHG branded MC holders..

Thoughts ?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by dejamo
From the T&C

2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to MasterCard® individual and small business cardholders whose account was opened by a MasterCard customer financial institution before November 15, 2015 and is still active

However, when speaking with IHG Rewards, I asked if the IHG branded MC was required to be used for this promotion and they stated yes.

I don't have a IHG branded MC, but was allowed to sign up for the promotion, and it shows as an offer I signed up for, even though I heard that the emails for signup only went to IHG branded MC holders..

Thoughts ?
I wouldn't have even thought to ask this question. If they're referring to the IHG branded MC only, I would ask why are there so many generic references to "your MasterCard" and why would it mention "opened by a MasterCard customer financial institution before November 15, 2015" and not specifically Chase? My guess is that you were dealing with a CSR who is just speculating and didn't look into it. At least I hope that's the case.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
From the T&C

Thoughts ?
No way, "MasterCard customer financial institution" is so vague I doubt it is referring to just IHG
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:33 pm

Unhappy Mail in entries

I'm seeing a lot of posts regarding mailing in the 94 entries in addition to staying, and the amount of points everyone is counting on getting from the mail in entries............47,000 (500 x 94 entries)...

Those eggs wont hatch my friends.....

If you read the T&C,

You can only get the prizes from Group A only once during the promotion period

And you can only get from Group B (which includes the 500 points) only 5 times during the promotion period

For those of you who have already spent $ 50 (+) on stamps and envelopes
sorry about that !
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm seeing a lot of posts regarding mailing in the 94 entries in addition to staying, and the amount of points everyone is counting on getting from the mail in entries............47,000 (500 x 94 entries)...

Those eggs wont hatch my friends.....

If you read the T&C,

You can only get the prizes from Group A only once during the promotion period

And you can only get from Group B (which includes the 500 points) only 5 times during the promotion period

For those of you who have already spent $ 50 (+) on stamps and envelopes
sorry about that !
The limits are on groups A and B. No stated limit on Group C prizes. Group C prizes consist solely of 500 points.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by bob12403
Received the following email from IHG yesterday:

I clicked on the registration link contained in the email and successfully registered for the promotion. The 1000 points have not yet posted, nor would I expect them to post that quickly. I guess I can consider this my first Priceless Surprise!
Did you have issues signing up before? Did anyone else get this email?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:42 pm

Does anybody know how strict they can be with things like this? One of the blog comments lists this link to sweepstakes "tips" and it says they can disqualify based on petty stuff like a 3x5 "piece of paper" is different than a 3x5 index card. Also, if I only have one phone#, do I need to list it separately as a day and evening phone # since they ask for both?

I guess I'm curious if anyone has done something like this before who may have had experience with how picky they can be. Here is the sweepstakes "tips" link:

http://sweetiessweeps.com/2009/04/ma...es-basics.html
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else going to print out the addresses on the envelopes?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Did you have issues signing up before? Did anyone else get this email?
I did go to the registration page before, but I think I stopped short of actually trying to complete registration after reading about some people on FT having some problems.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by MG49
Does anybody know how strict they can be with things like this? One of the blog comments lists this link to sweepstakes "tips" and it says they can disqualify based on petty stuff like a 3x5 "piece of paper" is different than a 3x5 index card. Also, if I only have one phone#, do I need to list it separately as a day and evening phone # since they ask for both?

I guess I'm curious if anyone has done something like this before who may have had experience with how picky they can be. Here is the sweepstakes "tips" link:

http://sweetiessweeps.com/2009/04/ma...es-basics.html
If they ask for Day and Evening phone, I would list both even if it's the same number.

Also, I'm not sure what the big deal is about index card vs. paper. Do it on paper and be sure. I found a stack of 3x5 pieces of paper at an office supply store made by 3M no problem whatsoever. Why take the chance?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I am. But I think I am going to send in one first and wait to get the code, just to make sure I did everything right, before I do 93 more (that goes for everything, not just the envelopes).
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
i plan on handwriting mine, just in case^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.