Priceless Surprises Promotion

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 3, 16, 6:00 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 14, 15, 8:29 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, UA Gold MM, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Does the email address and physical address written on the index card need to match your email/physical address tied to your IHG rewards club account?

Also, can you have more than one per household (provided they are for different real people who have different IHG RC accts. and MC #s and emails)?

In other news, a full week has passed since my Certified Mail entry was signed for and no email yet.
Old Dec 14, 15, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho View Post
Did you register for the promotion before sending in your entries?
Yes, registered on the 12th of November...
Old Dec 14, 15, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Priceless Surprises Promotion

To those wondering what happens if you stay after redeeming the 94th priceless surprise: it looks like, to me, more priceless surprises?

Ninety-Fifth Stay

Completed!

You'll receive 1,000 IHG® Rewards Club Bonus Points to use toward gifts, shopping or a Reward Night at any IHG® property.

Ninety-Sixth Stay

Book Now¹ & Unlock a Priceless Surprise

And Each Additional Stay2

Book Now1 & Unlock a Priceless Surprise
Old Dec 14, 15, 8:47 pm
Suspended

The T&Cs strictly prohibit more than 94 entries, don't they?
Old Dec 14, 15, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I mailed 30 on 12/7 and the other 64 on 12/11

wifey did all 94 today, 12/14
Old Dec 14, 15, 11:47 pm

My email registered on IHG is gmail and contains a 0.

I plan on creating printed labels. Should I:
a) go ahead and enter my gmail address
b) enter an alternate email address
c) change my address registered on IHG?
Old Dec 15, 15, 6:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, Hertz President's Circle, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hilton
Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
Does the email address and physical address written on the index card need to match your email/physical address tied to your IHG rewards club account?

Also, can you have more than one per household (provided they are for different real people who have different IHG RC accts. and MC #s and emails)?

In other news, a full week has passed since my Certified Mail entry was signed for and no email yet.
Yes, you can have more than one per household. Both of us are IHG RC members, and both have received emails with contest entries.

Don't believe the 5-day turnaround promise. Our first batch of envelopes went out around Nov 16 or 17, and the first few emails were received Dec 4, so around 2 1/2 weeks to process. We have been mailing in batches of five per person, and the first time any emails were received I got four and my wife got nothing. The next week I got six and my wife got seven. They're still way behind on the mailings, but they have come each of the past two Fridays. I would just counsel a bit more patience, as you still have over two months before the contest ends.

And yes, we used the same email and physical addresses that are in our respective accounts.
Old Dec 15, 15, 7:09 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Has any one had an issue with prizes on a night stay? I won a free night one month ago
and still no e-mail on how to redeem. I called IHG three times and get the same response " We are checking on it" No answers in 25 days.
Old Dec 15, 15, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Choice Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ariyo15 View Post
Anyone have experience with NOT putting a return address?
I havent on a single one, but i also havent gotten a single email
Old Dec 15, 15, 10:52 am

Programs: AA plat, IHG plat, SPG gold United silver
Here you go.

Originally Posted by 0geek View Post
Got 89 emails yesterday. Along with the 5 I got last week is all my 94 entries. I mailed them on the 16th and they were all hand written (no return info).

Played all my games and ended up with ~50k points and a free night. So 2 free nights. Not bad for the time and money.

A weird thing happened though. During one of my turns I got a different background image similar to how I got a different background image when I won the free night (instead of fireworks when you get points I got a hotel lobby for the free night). Instead of a prize I got a message along the lines of "You didn't win anything this time. Try again later".
Old Dec 15, 15, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1353513636 View Post
Has anyone used a different email address from the one in their IHG accounts?

Got the same question as our email addresses contain an O and a 0.

The email addresses registered with the promo were the same email addresses in the IHG account.

I created new email addresses for this purpose. So far nothing comes in from 2x20 but then we mailed ours on 12/5. If there is anything probably would be after X'mas!

May need to redo it with the email addresses in IHG records.
Old Dec 15, 15, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Has anyone used a different email address from the one in their IHG accounts?

Got the same question as our email addresses contain an O and a 0.

The email addresses registered with the promo were the same email addresses in the IHG account.

I created new email addresses for this purpose. So far nothing comes in from 2x20 but then we mailed ours on 12/5. If there is anything probably would be after X'mas!

May need to redo it with the email addresses in IHG records.
I also made a new email address just for the promo. I received 40 game plays on 12/4, but I am still waiting on the remaining 54. So my emails didn't match but haven't received 100 percent of my entries yet.
Old Dec 15, 15, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1 View Post
I also made a new email address just for the promo. I received 40 game plays on 12/4, but I am still waiting on the remaining 54. So my emails didn't match but haven't received 100 percent of my entries yet.
Thank you for the info! As long as you have received the emails from the new address, that means it does not need to match the one in IHG account. Your remaining entries should receive the emails in coming batches I am sure.

Now for those who are the late starters at the first week of Dec, we probably would not see our emails until January!

OTOH we never received confirmations on our registrations. Though we can log in the Pricessless site with our IHG credentials and see our Dashboard which at the moment has nothing completed.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 15, 15 at 6:20 pm
Old Dec 15, 15, 9:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Got my last batch of 32 written out today and will drop them in the mail tomorrow. I'm now remembering why rewriting sentences 100 times was a common punishment in my grade school days.
Old Dec 15, 15, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
What do we know about using Stamps.com to generate the postage? I know that the delivery and return address can be printed using a printer, but does anyone have any datapoints on using machine-printed postage on their envelopes?

Search this Thread