HI Club Vacations Survey

Old Oct 15, 15, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

HI Club Vacations Survey

I got a call from IHG yesterday asking me if I 'd be willing to do a short survey. I agreed and they asked me about my stay habits and vacations and such. The woman on the phone said something about earning a free night from the survey and that I'd be transferred to set it up. The next woman I talked to had a very "sales" like attitude and said I was entitled to a three night stay at any of the HI Club Vacation properties with no blackout dates for $199 with $99 cash back on check out and an additional $100 back for being platinum with 100K+ points. The catch was that you have to sit through some sales pitch for a couple hours on one of the days. I was hesitant, but decided to go for it. Is this something IHG has done in the past? Has anyone had any experience with it?
Old Oct 15, 15, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Prepare for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain........

Last edited by olegator; Oct 15, 15 at 5:04 pm Reason: Flyertalk sadly blocked the link
Old Oct 16, 15, 10:52 am

I did the timeshare pitch. I choose the Desert Club Resort in Las Vegas. It was 4 days and 3 nights. Personally I liked the resort, they gave me a 2 Br villa (condo/Apt). It was just 2 blocks from the strip and will stay there again. As for the "Sales Pitch" I did it on my second day @ 9am, it was a little more then 2 hrs. The sales person I got was really no pressure. I told them that as a Spire Amb w/ 400k points, I collect enough points during the year that I really didn't need the time share.

AT the end of the sales meeting, they gave me my $249.00 back that I paid up front and a voucher for $100.00 back from my next HI stay. I did my HI stay 16 days after and I am waiting for the $100.00 now, they said 6 - 8 weeks.

So to that end, I would say, go for it, I know they offered me like 6 different resorts, but I chose Vegas as I was planning a trip there anyway.

Hope this helps.....
Old Oct 16, 15, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the thoughts. Doing some more looking around the net, it seems like these things were really awful a few years back with lots of deception, but most of the experiences recently seem decent.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: