Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What does this mean on my account history?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
What does this mean on my account history?

Logged into my Rewards account and saw this. Anyone any idea what it means? Whatever is was doesn't seem to have cost me anything, just curious.

05-Oct-2015 | Redeem |Redeemed Points 1 Order Event|0 pts. |0 pts
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
I had the same (but with a point deduction) when I decided to become an Ambassador.

Did you become AMB? RA? Ordered a new Card?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raph
I had the same (but with a point deduction) when I decided to become an Ambassador.

Did you become AMB? RA? Ordered a new Card?
I renewed Amb in September, but I ordered a new card after reaching Spire so I think that was probably it, many thanks for solving the mystery.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:28 pm

you requested a physical membership card?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I got that activity on my accout the day after the CSR ordered me a new Spire card to replace the one with the sex chat on it.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Logged into my Rewards account and saw this. Anyone any idea what it means? Whatever is was doesn't seem to have cost me anything, just curious.

05-Oct-2015 | Redeem |Redeemed Points 1 Order Event|0 pts. |0 pts
I have three of these in my account in the past 6 months. I can't detect any logical pattern of them appearing before or after any kind of point-earning or point-deducting event.

I have had a total of three reward night bookings (1 completed, 1 changed, 1 cancelled), so maybe these are somehow tied into the "order event" posting. But the postings have occurred at least a month after the booking or the booking change. And in the case of the most recent posting, which showed up just a few days ago, it would be almost 2 months after the last point redemption.

Edited to add: I just downloaded an ebook to complete one level of the Accelerate year-end promotion. My account instantly showed:
13-Oct-2015 | Redeem | Redeemed Points 1 Order Event | -3 pts. | 0 pts.

And now having re-read the posts above, I'm reminded that I've requested a new card several times this year, once because my Plat card had expired, and a couple of times in a still-futile effort to get my new Spire card. So perhaps that's what's triggering these posts.

Or not. It's IHG, anything is possible.

Last edited by bob12403; Oct 13, 2015 at 7:45 am
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bemylast
you requested a physical membership card?
Quaint I know but I prefer to announce my arrival by slapping my card down on the counter.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:26 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Quaint I know but I prefer to announce my arrival by slapping my card down on the counter.
I found the front-desk-staff is not interested in the card.

Me: *Slapping* down the card on the front desk.
Front Desk: Your name please?
Me: It's on the card.

HTB.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
I thinkreception do look at card as in April Thus year, the lady guest checking in after me plonked here card on the desk

Receptionistquietly asked when she last stayed at an IHG hotel as Old program Priority Club Card she presented in Apr2015 was obviously superceded by @Rewards program and new cards over 2years before, and would she like him to request a new card
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
I thought this would be my experience too. This past week I checked out of a HI expecting to go home. I was forced to stay another night for work, so had to check-in again. I booked the room right at the front desk so I presented my Spire card with my CC and ID. The front desk agent immediately recognized it and gave me all sorts of stuff (points, water, free drink, 15% off for in-house restaurant, etc.) Maybe the physical card triggers a different reaction than reading a line on a computer screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.