Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak - scheduled to open July 2017 (pre-opening Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak - scheduled to open July 2017 (pre-opening Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

I could not find any previous thread that had been opened on that upcoming property.

Those who stayed at the IC Thalasso Bora Bora, these past few years, might be familiar with the GM.

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article75834.html

Last edited by UASPG; Sep 25, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Good news. Let's wait and see if that really happens. Over the last years, IHG announced multiple properties in Bali, including two ICs, which eventually never opened...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, to be seen. The IC Canggu is nowhere to be seen from what I could tell, though some folks claimed to have heard about happening - one day

If this was even close to opening it should start to show up on IHG.com for future bookings, but nothing in sight so far.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Are there any pictures of the area where this is being built?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Wink Looking for a job in Marketing & Sales?

Here's your chance :

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/direc...vineet-mahajan
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Here's a picture

http://www.klikpositif.com/news/read...rasi-2015.html
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:59 am
Original Poster

The opening is also listed on this article "Other hotels to open" and the list of openings in Bali is as impressive as it is a little ..... scary.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...otels_for_Bali
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

More Pictures

http://www.indesigndomus.com/project...tercontinental
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Are there any pictures of the area where this is being built?
Fairly close to the Oberoi:

http://wikimapia.org/1939403/Indigo-Hotel
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I dont mind staying here, as there will be some nightlife. At the IC its too far to get to Seminyak at night as we get lazy and sleepy(jet lag).
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:26 pm

Staying at the Holiday Inn Bali at the moment and was speaking with manager of human resources who informed us that there is a HIX being built next to the HI as well as an Indigo in Seminyak as well as an IC in Canggu but didn't mention start dates.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:42 am

Stumbled across the property while staying at the Marriott Courtyard just around the corner in February, had a indigo hoarding. Has a great location almost right on the public beach just behind La Plancha.

Lots of construction and works going on, still very early I'd be suprised if this will open within the next year.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Looking at heading to Bali in November, the month that this hotel opens.

I can't decide between using points here (30k/night), or just paying for the IC ($130/night) or the HIX ($32/night).

The cash price of $263/night just seems absolutely laughable in this country, no?

Hmm...I've never been to Bali.

Traveling alone and I am a Spire AMB.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Bali is far from one place to the other. Each area has different feelings. Nusa Dua, jimbalen, semi yak, each is about 30-50 minutes by cab. If you go to Bali first time, don't miss jimbarean seafood restaurants. They are right next to IC. People go there in the evening. You will sink your feet deep into sand, have fish or lobsters, sometimes burned but very good, and lots of soft drink, and live band. Local band sing to you " I am yours" under the stars, accompanied by sound of ocean. By all means stay in that area, whether you choose four seasons, IC, or newly opened le meridian. If you can afford it, go to Ayana. You will have both of best, beach and cliff.

Semi yak is new chic. If you love W style, then it's for you. There are some chic ocean front restaurant or bar . Many are young people in 20 or 30 something.

Nusa Dua have more international chains. There is an area where infrastructure is better in terms of road, mall.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
Looking at heading to Bali in November, the month that this hotel opens.

I can't decide between using points here (30k/night), or just paying for the IC ($130/night) or the HIX ($32/night).

The cash price of $263/night just seems absolutely laughable in this country, no?

Hmm...I've never been to Bali.

Traveling alone and I am a Spire AMB.
$130 for the IC is about as low as it'll get during low season. I wad there last year in the first week of Nov and it was actually very pleasant weather contrary to our fear of lots of rain. Book a rate with breakfast and you'll enjoy, the grounds at the IC cannot be matched by most hotels in Bali. Jimbaran is quiet and relaxing, depends what you like.

Of course, if you are okay with not staying in a super central top locations and want a modern, clean room with a decent inclusive breakfast (don't compare to full service hotels) then the HiX Bali Raya Kuta is a steal at 30$ average a night.

I would not pay 263$ at the Indigo in Nov which is super low season, plus assuming that price is excl. tax and service you need to add 21% on top of the rate per night. No, it can't be that great, maybe in high season those prices will fly, but not in Nov. If you are keen on the place, 30k points is decent value vs. the money they are trying to charge. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.