Wiki Posts
Search

HIX Lisbon Airport Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Paulchili
In that case I think saying something like "you can have a breakfast for NEXT to nothing" would be more appropriate and less misleading
... but remember that many correspondents communicate in English as their second (or third, fourth ...) language; often flawlessly, though nuances of usage might cause occasional stumbles.

As a Brit I'm humbled by the facility for languages revealed by other nationalities.
Concerto likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
... As a Brit I'm humbled by the facility for languages revealed by other nationalities.
Are you equally fascinated when 97.3% of the time that a Brit says "surely" s/he actually means "probably" -- surely that clinches the 3 points for Nottingsford-Harelip?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Given how central LIS is to the City and the cheap taxis and hotel rooms are etc. why would you stay anywhere else but the IC? I am confused.
If you have a rental car from the airport, parking is free at the HIX LIsbon Airport, but is there parking at all at central LIS hotels like the IC or the HIX Liston-Liberdade? And even if there is, would you want to drive into the city with a rental car just to stay in the city (if the purpose of the rental car is only to go elsewhere in Portugal, but you have one night "near" the airport you need either at the start or the end of the trip)?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you have a rental car from the airport, parking is free at the HIX LIsbon Airport, but is there parking at all at central LIS hotels like the IC or the HIX Liston-Liberdade? And even if there is, would you want to drive into the city with a rental car just to stay in the city (if the purpose of the rental car is only to go elsewhere in Portugal, but you have one night "near" the airport you need either at the start or the end of the trip)?
You are responding to a post from over three years' ago. I'm sure the poster has got over his Marie Antoinette moment
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Time for a quick review of this hotel. I stayed there in late July and found that it was rather good. The only issue was getting there, as you will see, because there is no shuttle.

review coming

Last edited by Concerto; Oct 3, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.