Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend some IC hotels for BOGO or regular stay in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Recommend some IC hotels for BOGO or regular stay in Europe

Hey all,

So I will be going on a trip in march (its a ways away i know. I just need to plan it out) via EF college break to London/Paris/Rome.

I was thinking about adding another city for independent travel in Europe and I figured I would ask for good IC hotel recommendations for BOGOF/Plat Ambassador stays. I figured I might as well stay in a nice IC while I am there

I was looking at Berlin, Dusseldorf, Budapest, or Amsterdam?
What ICs do you guys/gals like? I saw several posts but theyre from 2013/mid 2014 so I figured a refreshed opinion might be more reflective.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:21 pm

I don't know about the situation when one reserves 2 nights by using BOGO in Europe.
But in China, most of the ICs will give you just one qualifying night.
Also some ICs will even give you Non-Qualifying nights...
Be careful.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bemylast
I don't know about the situation when one reserves 2 nights by using BOGO in Europe.
But in China, most of the ICs will give you just one qualifying night.
Also some ICs will even give you Non-Qualifying nights...
Be careful.
by two nights I meant one paid/one free (as in using the AMB weekend rate)
I dont really care about non-qualifying nights since I am not that frequent of a traveler to possibly earn RA.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Hey all,

So I will be going on a trip in march (its a ways away i know. I just need to plan it out) via EF college break to London/Paris/Rome.

I was thinking about adding another city for independent travel in Europe and I figured I would ask for good IC hotel recommendations for BOGOF/Plat Ambassador stays. I figured I might as well stay in a nice IC while I am there

I was looking at Berlin, Dusseldorf, Budapest, or Amsterdam?
What ICs do you guys/gals like? I saw several posts but theyre from 2013/mid 2014 so I figured a refreshed opinion might be more reflective.
I would plump for IC Budapest and book a rate that includes lounge access as else a non-discounted 70euro/night. Lounge access here gives restaurant breakfast too and lounge offerings are up with the best foodwise View is great from hotel right alongside Danube and by Chain Bridge and plenty to see and do

Amsterdam as a city has lots to do, IC is rather more expensive than either Budapest/Berlin and has no lounge but is a very nice hotel

You are already in France and rates are probably reasonable in March for Cannes or Marseille ICs , and Portugal amd Madrid ICs are also worth considering

Of the three I would personally decide to leave out Berlin although not because of the IC Berlin which is a nice hotel
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I would plump for IC Budapest and book a rate that includes lounge access as else a non-discounted 70euro/night. Lounge access here gives restaurant breakfast too and lounge offerings are up with the best foodwise View is great from hotel right alongside Danube and by Chain Bridge and plenty to see and do

Amsterdam as a city has lots to do, IC is rather more expensive than either Budapest/Berlin and has no lounge but is a very nice hotel

You are already in France and rates are probably reasonable in March for Cannes or Marseille ICs , and Portugal amd Madrid ICs are also worth considering

Of the three I would personally decide to leave out Berlin although not because of the IC Berlin which is a nice hotel
I was planning on taking out amsterdam b/c the price for the Amstel is too high for AMB for what is provided in terms of the room.
Do ICs upgrade suites? For example, booking a junior suite at berlin would upgrade me to the senior suites? or is that one of the suite exclusions?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
skiing in davos? The InterContinental Davos is one of my favorite ICs..
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
I was planning on taking out amsterdam b/c the price for the Amstel is too high for AMB for what is provided in terms of the room.
Do ICs upgrade suites? For example, booking a junior suite at berlin would upgrade me to the senior suites? or is that one of the suite exclusions?
Normal unnamed non-special full suites are fair game for Amb upgrades at all IC's.
It is Royal/Presidential/ambassador suites that are block excluded then the IHG t+c's list some individual ICs and suite room exemptions at these hotels

Budapest Junior Suite by default does not come with club lounge access and although the next level full suite includes lounge if booked ... room description states lounge not given with upgrades
Bear in mind the 70euro lounge upsell a night (worth it for a couple) SO 140euro expense for 2days so you can just as easily add that 140 to Bogor rate and book the better Full Suite which includes Lounge, but that is circa 375-425euro/night and no guarantee you get the Pres Suite upgrade
(Breakfast is 29euro ppm here so 58 for two, almost the lounge upsell !)

Yes they have x10 room number end of corridor Full Suites on each floor. (JS ARE X11 room numbers Then above that Full Suite is a single Presidential Suite (Pres Suites are excluded IC chain wide from inclusion for Amb upgrades)
Full Suite is two large rooms, JS is small bedroom and smallish living room, both have tiny bathrooms, but great views over Danube, Pakace and Chain Bridge

NB For Amsterdam I recommend CP South at WTC even on Points as Platinum I received Junior Suite which have separate bedroom/sitting room , even on my first stay there.

Berlin sells lounge separate to rooms prices may have changed but used to be 90euro discounted to 60 for Ambassadors and 45 for RAs. Lounge at Berlin allows restaurant breakfast , high speed internet and free minibar contents. You can book a business room to include club though . Berlin excludes club-suites from Amb upgrades though
Junior suites are two room suites though

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 22, 2015 at 9:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.