Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd free weekend night certificate upon Amb Plat qualification?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
2nd free weekend night certificate upon Amb Plat qualification?

I extended my IC Ambassador in April and hence received a free weekend night certificate in the new welcome package (that also included new IC Amb Gold card, gold luggage tag, and letter with the 10k IHG Rewards point voucher for the extension).
A few weeks ago I crossed the 40k threshold and hence became Platinum Ambassador. Yesterday I received another welcome package that contained my Platinum Ambassador card (valid until 08/16), platinum luggage tag, NO extra point voucher (all as expected), but surprise surprise another free weekend night certificate!?
Is this a 'Platinum Ambassador' benefit to get another free weekend night certificate? This would be great.
What would happen if I use it? Would IHG likely notice?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Viennafly
I extended my IC Ambassador in April and hence received a free weekend night certificate in the new welcome package (that also included new IC Amb Gold card, gold luggage tag, and letter with the 10k IHG Rewards point voucher for the extension).
A few weeks ago I crossed the 40k threshold and hence became Platinum Ambassador. Yesterday I received another welcome package that contained my Platinum Ambassador card (valid until 08/16), platinum luggage tag, NO extra point voucher (all as expected), but surprise surprise another free weekend night certificate!?
Is this a 'Platinum Ambassador' benefit to get another free weekend night certificate? This would be great.
What would happen if I use it? Would IHG likely notice?
Yes u r safe to use this second voucher and even say a third If a colleague donates you one they don't need
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yes u r safe to use this second voucher and even say a third If a colleague donates you one they don't need
You're safe to use the one IHG gives you, but it should be noted the certificates are non-transferable. It's highly unlikely a third use would actually catch anybody's attention, but you definitely should assume you're actually entitled to use it.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Great. Will plan to use the second voucher wisely for an expensive IC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.