Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% Points Rebate with (legacy) credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Bmholmes- they’ll tell you to wait six weeks. Such a frustrating joke to have to keep following up. I’m in the same situation, stay checked out June 16 and haven’t yet received my points. If they don’t past by next week I’ll have to call again, for the 3rd time.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bmholmes
Thank you, serpens and uastarflyer! For sure, I'll contact IHG after 6 weeks, if I don't get them automatically..
^ Cheers

i have had all of mine post automatically. But they tend to show up in bunches. Plus I get another 10% rebate for Ambassador - those tend to post faster.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Do we get award benefits from Both cards?

Hello. By now somebody should know to answer the following:
I have both the old IHG Select card and the new IHG Premier card.
If I do a 4-nights stay on points, paying points for 3 nights (IHG Premier card benefit), do I still get a 10% points back (IHG Select card benefit)?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, you get the 10% back on the points you paid (for the 3 nights). I believe it’s been confirmed by others in previous comments, but can also confirm from my own experiences.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ARR72
Yes, you get the 10% back on the points you paid (for the 3 nights). I believe it’s been confirmed by others in previous comments, but can also confirm from my own experiences.
I've had the same experience on multiple occasions. The two benefits definitely stack.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Yes, about a month a go I had a four night stay at a 20,000 indigo but I only paid 60,000 due to the 4th night free as benefit of new CC... I then later got a rebate of 10% = 6,000 points as benefit of the old CC
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF
Hello. By now somebody should know to answer the following:
I have both the old IHG Select card and the new IHG Premier card.
If I do a 4-nights stay on points, paying points for 3 nights (IHG Premier card benefit), do I still get a 10% points back (IHG Select card benefit)?
Originally Posted by ARR72

Indeed, the 10% and the 4th night free on points stack. Furthermore, if you paid for Ambassador status, you get an additional 10% point rebate. So if you book four nights at at a room that costs 50,000 points per night, the benefit works like this:

4 nights will start at 200,000 points. IHG Premier Card 4th night rebate brings the price down to 150,000 points at check out. Legacy IHG Rewards Club card gives you 10% point rebate within a week of checkout: 15,000 point rebate. Ambassador status gives you an additional 15,000 point rebate 8 weeks after checkout (but you'll probably have to file a missing point form to get it).

Total: 150,000 points spent, 30,000 points rebated, for a net cost of 120,000 points for the four night stay, down from 200,000. If you have both of the IHG cards, and you've purchased Ambassador status, I feel that this is one of the best deals in travel going today (especially if you are doing your stay at an Intercontinental hotel, where you get additional benefits).
tbm13 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.