Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Points Scrounger
Time for a Crowne Plaza (& upscale HI) F&B benefit thread - please read the 1st post.

Finland, Europe
CP Helsinki - Spire Paid Breakfast in club J Suite upgrade granted Club access granted Bottle water in room and fruit

China
CP Chengdu Panda Garden - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant Club floor upgrade granted Club access granted 2 beer / wine chits
CP Guangzhou City Centre - Spire Paid Lounge access

Hong Kong
CP Causeway Bay - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant 2 beer / wine chits for the Club@28 rooftop bar

Canada
CP Toronto Airport - Plat Amb Paid No benefits

United States
CP Detroit Downtown Riverfront - Plat Amb Award / PB Breakfast in restaurant
CP Los Angeles (LAX Airport) - Spire Paid & Award Lounge access (evening reception inc. beer/wine, morning breakfast items)
CP Seattle Airport - Spire Paid "Upgrade" and welcome amenity only - no f&b
CP Seattle Downtown - lounge permanently closed, full buffet breakfast in restaurant one of the welcome amenity options.
CP Washington Natl Airport - Plat Amb Paid Breakfast in restaurant (don't eat there) 2 beer / wine chits
HI Washington Rosslyn @ Key Bridge - Plat Paid
Breakfast in restaurant

Japan
CP Fukuoka - Plat Paid & Award Lounge access & breakfast in restaurant possible
CP Kumamoto - Plat Award Breakfast in restaurant
CP Hiroshima - Plat Paid Lounge access
CP Narita - Plat
Paid Lounge access
CP Okayama - Spire Award / PB - 1 free drink, No other benefits
Print Wikipost

Lounge access / Breakfast at Crowne Plaza properties

Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Hotel: CP Gerrards Cross
IHG status(s): Platinum Ambassador
Paid / award night: Paid
Breakfast in restaurant: No
Upgrade to club floor: No but upgraded to suite
Club lounge access: Granted
Club lounge services / quality: Nice selection of drinks / average canape
Other comments: Really friendly staff and given two drinks vouchers rather than 1
I can tolerate an older, slightly tired hotel if they have good food or recognize their property's issues with added vouchers, etc. There was a Marriott near me that was overdue for a renovation and until it was completed they gave a nightly $40 dinner coupon and 10,000 bonus points per night for stays on Friday and Saturday nights. I racked up about an extra 200,000 points in a couple of months.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I can tolerate an older, slightly tired hotel if they have good food or recognize their property's issues with added vouchers, etc. There was a Marriott near me that was overdue for a renovation and until it was completed they gave a nightly $40 dinner coupon and 10,000 bonus points per night for stays on Friday and Saturday nights. I racked up about an extra 200,000 points in a couple of months.
Have to say its not the newest hotel but it really wasn't in bad condition. the rates probably reflect this and the staff treat you well.

Good if you need something realtively close to the m40
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hotel: CP Sinagpore Changi Airport
IHG status(s): Spire Ambassador
Paid / award night: Award
Upgrade to club floor: No
Club lounge access: Yes

The hotel lounge is open from 6:30 AM to 11 PM with breakfast from 6:30 to 10:30 AM and cocktails and snacks from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. They have all day coffee, tea, water and soft drinks as well.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Hotel: Crowne Plaza Kowloon East Tseung Kwan O
IHG status(s): Spire
Paid / award night: paid
Breakfast in restaurant: yes
Upgrade to club floor: yes

got lucky that they've upgraded my room to a balcony suite, although it's on the lowest floor, it's stunning (room 503)
club access included but we were being told to go to the lobby lounge (not exactly a club), super noisy as you can imagine, not that the lounge on 47/F works as it's a combo between a restaurant and the so called lounge - it's just weird and not exclusive at all.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hotel: Crowne Plaza San Jose Silicon Valley
Paid / award night: paid
Breakfast in restaurant: yes
Upgrade to club floor: yes

The hotel ostensibly has a Club Lounge but it didn't have any food or drinks on the weekends, just a coffee maker. It's located on the 12th floor of the hotel which is key card only. Instead I got breakfast each day in the restaurant.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
CP Porto. They have introduced a lounge in the lobby floor. As Spire, I was offered to choose between points and lounge. Latter it was and happy. Not a huge space but the offerings, both food and drinks were nice.
And again, upgrade to Junior Suite from cheapest available.
And bus stops next door, works fine for cityhopping if you are frugal. My place to go.
I am a Spire member and will be staying at the CP Porto along with my partner; the hotel insists that Lounge access as an amenity is only for th Spire member but not for the partner, although the reservation is for two people. Should I just accept this as a fait accompli or do I have any grounds to protest?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by puchong
I am a Spire member and will be staying at the CP Porto along with my partner; the hotel insists that Lounge access as an amenity is only for th Spire member but not for the partner, although the reservation is for two people. Should I just accept this as a fait accompli or do I have any grounds to protest?
awkward to be offered to just 1ppn when 2ppn stay in room.

alas no grounds to insist on 2ppn lounge foc, as foc lounge access is not a Spire Elite benefit
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
you should just request a special rate to access the lounge for 2nd guest and pay if it is a good value
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:51 am

Hotel: CP Manchester City Centre
Paid / award night: Paid
Upgrade to club floor: Yes
Club lounge services / quality: Breakfast was fine (lots of Smoked Salmon always works for me). Didn't get chance to use it in the evening.
Other comments: Was asked if I wanted welcome points or access to club lounge at check-in - ended up getting both
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but does anyone have experience of the CP properties in Abu Dhabi and whether they can confirm if they provide lounge access on award nights?

TIA
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but does anyone have experience of the CP properties in Abu Dhabi and whether they can confirm if they provide lounge access on award nights?

TIA
Send them an email and ask; be sure to come back and tell us what response you get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.