Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ready to see your mystery bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Talking Ready to see your mystery bonus?

Dear Zimstyles
Your next purchase of IHG® Rewards Club points could be your most rewarding one yet. Get a mystery bonus multiplier of 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and even 100% of whatever is in your cart and bridge the gap to your next Reward Night—earn your free bonus when you purchase points from now until 31 August 2015.

How big is your bonus?

So I clicked through and I have a 80%bonus, somehow this is on top of the 100% points so basically 1000+1000bonus + 80% of 2000

Sounds to good to be true, any thoughts?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:57 am

I do not get that I get
60,000 + 30,000 Bonus for $690
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
zimstyles, are you a Spire?
Gold AMB here, and my bonus is just 100% (100K points for $575 - a decent deal, but I don't need the points now)
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Temedar
zimstyles, are you a Spire?
Gold AMB here, and my bonus is just 100% (100K points for $575 - a decent deal, but I don't need the points now)
No I am a gold at the moment will make spire next month if all goes according to plan with the required nights. That said, i did some more checking. Found some interesting results. drop me a pm and i ll explain
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
When I read the op's post I thought he had just gotten confused.

But when we looked at my wife's offer she had also been offered the 80% bonus, but in the drop down box to purchase the points the bonus was 100% !

So I guess it would be easy to assume you bought some, got a 100% bonus and another 80% "mystery bonus" on top.

I'm assuming its another IHG IT error.......but just in case......has anyone bought at 80% this time around and been given +100% with another +80% on top???
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskerxx

But when we looked at my wife's offer she had also been offered the 80% bonus, but in the drop down box to purchase the points the bonus was 100% !

So I guess it would be easy to assume you bought some, got a 100% bonus and another 80% "mystery bonus" on top.

I'm assuming its another IHG IT error.......but just in case......has anyone bought at 80% this time around and been given +100% with another +80% on top???
Something interesting happens when you get to checkout.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by whiskerxx

I'd bet on that
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
did anyone not get an offer?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I did not get an offer in mail, but it is available on IHG page in Offers.

Question: Did I make a mistake when I went in there and put in my info? I curently have exactly nothing in my account, but next week I'll begin a stay that should bring me to Gold. Should I have waited?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:29 pm

No funny business here...straight 100% bonus, was hoping for something a bit more mysterious like another bonus on top!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Surprise for me to be offered 100% bonus as all the previous times with variable extra bonus percentage I was always offered lowest bonus and if effectual rate to purchase is higher than award p&c I am not interested... So my first ever points purchase outside of P&C

Needed an outer London base for a stay of 14nights so purchased 35 & 35 bonus K's for 14night on PB at HIE Dartford although I don't really need middle Sat&Sun the extra 10k is worth it to leave my bits behind in room for second week of stay.

I stayed night I flew in to UK, Mon 27th at PB, HIE LHR T5 Monday 27th as flying in the evening pb's released . Saw hotel bill the HI LHR get just £16.95 night from IHG Corporate... (rate was advertised £110 or £95 on company rate)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.