FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Kids in executive Lounge (from Royal Ambassador Experience Discussion) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1694990-kids-executive-lounge-royal-ambassador-experience-discussion.html)

Nickolash27 Sep 13, 2015 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Nickolash27 (Post 25395755)
I notice that children are now excluded from the IC Singapore lounge during cocktails. There's apparently a separate area in the Lobby lounge.

Same at IC Manila.

catharsis Nov 10, 2015 6:38 am

extract from email from IC

Interesting content in a recent pre-arrival email from an IC

We would like to take this opportunity to discuss our new Children Policy with you, and gain more information about your children travelling with you.

InterContinental has done some research and gone out and asked many InterContinental guests for feedback. Some of the feedback received centred around children being allowed in the lounge during our Canapes and Pre-Dinner Drinks time frame. As this is more of an adult environment at this time, an alternative area needs to be provided for our families to enjoy their Canape experience. InterContinental then created global brand standards around this feedback to be rolled out worldwide.

From looking at your reservation, I can see that you will be travelling with one child. To enable us to provide a more personal experience, could you please advise the name and age of your child?
I would like to advise that children over 12 years old are welcome in the lounge at all times when they are accompanied by an adult. To cater to our younger guests, we have an alternative area in our lobby Terrace where our Club families can enjoy Canapes and Pre-Dinner Drinks. We want to create an enjoyable environment for your family, and this location will ensure that the children can be entertained with board games and activities, and you can relax and enjoy your experience while being looked after by a dedicated Club Attendant. Outside of the Canape and Pre-Dinner Drink experience, all children are welcome in the lounge when they are accompanied by an adult.
Above provided without editorial comment. :)

Would be interested in knowing whether the references to "new global brand standards" are something which others have also come across, or whether others have received similar emails?

stimpy Nov 10, 2015 8:26 am

Originally Posted by catharsis (Post 25690694)
Would be interested in knowing whether the references to "new global brand standards" are something which others have also come across, or whether others have received similar emails?

The "new global brand standard" is a phrase made up by individuals at certain hotels and it is completely false in every case I've encountered it. For instance I travel sometimes with kids and I've never seen such a email, nor had an issue with a well behaved child in the lounge at any hour of the day.