Joining E-Rewards - Easy Invite

Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
Joining E-Rewards - Easy Invite

I'm sure this may have already been discussed (but searching E-Rewards is amazingly unhelpful on a site dedicated to rewards! Haha)

I had not received an invite to e-rewards but really wanted to maximize my earning potential, so I began looking around.

I know it's invite only, so I was mainly just trying to figure out what I can do to trigger that invite. Instead, I found this:

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-mile...e-rewards.html

I probably will never Fly Blue, but for an easy invite into E-Rewards it was worth signing up and using the link provided. IHG is one of the partners you can earn with through a Flying Blue invite.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Bear in mind that the minimum redemption is $30 of E-rewards credit for 1000 (elite qualifying) points, which takes a while to rack up.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Bear in mind that the minimum redemption is $30 of E-rewards credit for 1000 (elite qualifying) points, which takes a while to rack up.
True. These survey type deals always take forever, just like e-miles. But every little bit helps, right? You can do them on your phone, so if you're sitting in the waiting room at the docs office, or on lunch break and still have time before you have to return, it's definitely better than just sitting around twiddling your thumbs.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Also if you use the Flying Blue link, you can only credit the $ into your Flying Blue account. So if you don't have any miles there, then there is no need to waste your time.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The big e-Rewards thread is in the S.P.A.M. folder:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...er-thread.html

There are usually a few open spots in assorted program. While there are no guarantees of what rewards you'll be able to redeem for, the usual rule of thumb is that if you sign up under an airline program, you'll be locked out of redeeming for all other airline program redemption options but can redeem for the full slate of hotel, rental car, and misc. rewards available in your country. Same with hotel- sign up under a hotel, and that's your sole hotel program while you can have many airline redemption options.

To get the whole spectrum of redemption options, you have to have kind of lucked into either getting an invite from Ticketmaster (someone mentioned that in the main e-Rewards thread) or have the program you got your invitation from leave e-Rewards altogether (a bunch of us who were there on a Delta invitation)

Also note that while the mobile app can be quite good for getting surveys, the reward list shown on the app can be less than what you get on the web site. Example- IIRC, BA Avios are missing for me on the app but showing as available on the web site.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
How long it takes to earn enough for rewards depends on if your profile fits who they want to answer. I'm on track to earn 12k in IHG Rewards points this year from e-rewards.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
Also if you use the Flying Blue link, you can only credit the $ into your Flying Blue account. So if you don't have any miles there, then there is no need to waste your time.
Not true. While you can't redeem them with another airline if you join through Flying Blue, you can certainly redeem them with IHG and a variety of other partners.
I'm not too worried about airline miles, because I usually fly delta and have so many miles built up there through years of using a skymiles debit card (previously offered through SunTrust bank, but no longer) that I'm not too worried about the airline miles.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
The big e-Rewards thread is in the S.P.A.M. folder:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...er-thread.html
Gotcha. Thanks for the link.

Also note that while the mobile app can be quite good for getting surveys, the reward list shown on the app can be less than what you get on the web site. Example- IIRC, BA Avios are missing for me on the app but showing as available on the web site.
Good information to have, I'll keep that in mind when it comes time to redeem.

Originally Posted by windchaser777
How long it takes to earn enough for rewards depends on if your profile fits who they want to answer. I'm on track to earn 12k in IHG Rewards points this year from e-rewards.
Really? That's even better than expected. Hopefully my profile will match up in a way that allows maximum earning capability.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I thought the points aren't Elite Qualifying?!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Per the e-Rewards terms & conditions for IHG redemption:

IHG Rewards Club Points earned through e-Rewards count towards Elite Tier status.
And I can confirm they have posted as such since the creation of Elite Tier points. (Though I haven't had a redemption post since July 1, so can't confirm 100% they still are.) They've been somehow grouped as 'Partner Points' that are qualifying instead of assorted other ways to get non-qualifying points outside of stays.

The other known e-Rewards redemption that gets you elite qualifying points is Club Accor, for what it's worth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.