Wiki Posts
Search

Few questions about Ambassador Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
Few questions about Ambassador Membership

My husband and I and another couple are planning to stay at the InterContinental Hotel in Cancun the first week of February. If we would be able to use the BOGO Ambassador certificates during that stay, we'd both join the Ambassador club, which would also give us upgraded rooms when there. However, because we are not Ambassadors, we can't see availability to use the BOGO.

Would any current Ambassador be willing to peak and see if that would be available Feb 6 and 7? How easy is it to use the BOGO free at other properties? Is that benefit readily available or do they have tight limits? From reading the forums, it sounds like the upgraded room benefit for Ambassadors is also available for reward nights. Can anyone confirm this?

And one last question, if I purchase the Ambassador benefit, how long does the BOGO certificate take to arrive?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Had a look for you, yes it's available for BOGO, it would be very unusual not to have availability this far out, it's not that restrictive in my experience.

I live in the UK, the Ambassador pack can take around a month to arrive, perhaps it's longer for us as it's sent from the States, so might arrive a bit faster for you.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:32 pm
Suspended

To give yourself an idea of pricing, have a look at Best Flexible. The Ambassador Bogo rate will be at that level (but of course you get one night free).
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
It took me 9 days to get my ambassador package - well ahead of when I expected it.

As for the upgrade on reward nights - it will sometimes be offered, but it is not guaranteed. None of the ambassador perks are guaranteed on rewards nights.
They ARE however given on cert nights, because it is still a paid stay.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I live in the Netherlands and received my Ambassador package yesterday, about 6 weeks after signing up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.