Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
​​​​There is the fact that Spire is not exempt from the $25 fee at Kimptons, and they seem to be in no hurry to have Kimpton incidentals earn IHG point credit.
You are correct, Kimptons are not inexpensive. The additional fee for everyone is annoying and many times more than $25, plus parking fees. I've spent a decent amount on Kimpton restaurant meals as well, and find it annoying no IHG points earned. I guess Kimpton is a bit of a splurge for me.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:34 am

I can deal with IHG/Spire being only about earning points. What kills it are the devaluations.

Fine we get more points. But with over 50% devaluation over the past years, I am actually worse off.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20

Bonus point packages are elite qualifying - including the bonus points.

its possible to get IHG top status with circa 12 stays. Until that is fixed nothing is ever going to change. I doubt it will change though as IHG will make money from the sale of the points.

this explaination caught my eye, are you saying that if I have a room on the Bonus point per night package. The “bonus point” I am paying for also go toward my elite earnings? I am going to be a few thousand short for Spire this year but have a few more trip in the next 4 weeks, of which I could do the bonus points packages and obtain enough elite points. If this is correct.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by machong

this explaination caught my eye, are you saying that if I have a room on the Bonus point per night package. The “bonus point” I am paying for also go toward my elite earnings? I am going to be a few thousand short for Spire this year but have a few more trip in the next 4 weeks, of which I could do the bonus points packages and obtain enough elite points. If this is correct.
I'm about 5K short as well, after factoring in what will be earned on an upcoming trip in Mid-December. Yes, the bonus points rates (5K or less bonus) are elite qualifying. So that has been my plan, A little painful, especially right now with the low cyber rates, that the 5K bonus will cost me an extra $70. Was excited to read that if bonus rate is booked during this cyber sale, there's an additional 50% point bonus. However, fine print says to allow 4 weeks for posting of the extra 50%; so it's possible the 50% extra won't post by Dec 31 if the stay is mid-December.

The cyber rates are a good savings, except that also means less points earned. I've spent more time than I'll admit to trying to come up with a strategy that makes getting to 75K by 12/31/18 worth the 25K awarded for attaining Spire.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:19 am

Yes if you book the “Bonus points package” rate the bonus points are elite qualifying.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
I'm about 5K short as well, after factoring in what will be earned on an upcoming trip in Mid-December. Yes, the bonus points rates (5K or less bonus) are elite qualifying. So that has been my plan, A little painful, especially right now with the low cyber rates, that the 5K bonus will cost me an extra $70. Was excited to read that if bonus rate is booked during this cyber sale, there's an additional 50% point bonus. However, fine print says to allow 4 weeks for posting of the extra 50%; so it's possible the 50% extra won't post by Dec 31 if the stay is mid-December.

The cyber rates are a good savings, except that also means less points earned. I've spent more time than I'll admit to trying to come up with a strategy that makes getting to 75K by 12/31/18 worth the 25K awarded for attaining Spire.
I too have spent more time than I care to admit trying to get a couple thousand more points. I never knew this about the bonus points packages being also elite points. I tried to find details in the terms of the rewards program and couldn’t.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:10 am

I too have spent more time than I care to admit trying to get a couple thousand more points. I never knew this about the bonus points packages being also elite points. I tried to find details in the terms of the rewards program and couldn’t.
Did you receive the email from IHG about the Cyber Sale? If you click on the Book link, scroll down about 2/3 of the page you'll see mention of the bonus points packages being elite qualifying. I learn more about terms and conditions on this forum than I do on the IHG web site or even by asking customer service!

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...-_-PRIMARY_CTA
machong likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chongcao
You should travel to China more often instead of Dubai. Club Access is a guaranteed benefits in Crown Plazas in China.
Just want to verify if this benefit is still existing?
Am deciding if it's worth staying 10 nights (status challenge) to retain my recently matched Spire status as we definitely will have stays in China next year..

And does the club access also work for award stays?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Just want to verify if this benefit is still existing?
Am deciding if it's worth staying 10 nights (status challenge) to retain my recently matched Spire status as we definitely will have stays in China next year..

And does the club access also work for award stays?
Per T&C club access is not a benefit. Some hotels might grant it, but it is not an official benefit and most hotels don't. Also upgrades on based on availablity only. You might get a Club room without Club access.

Platinum Elite and Spire Elite Members will be offered a complimentary upgrade, as determined by the hotel, which might include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade will be offered at time of check-in, subject to and based on availability, and will only apply to the Member's personal guest room. The hotel is not required to upgrade Members to suites or specialty rooms. Upgrade benefits will not apply to rooms booked at Holiday Inn Express hotels in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. Upgrade benefits may not be available at InterContinental Residences.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fims
Per T&C club access is not a benefit. Some hotels might grant it, but it is not an official benefit and most hotels don't. Also upgrades on based on availablity only. You might get a Club room without Club access.
I understand the policy of getting upgraded to club room to get club access. But I'm asking about the special Spire benefit that allows club access for stays only in Crowne Plaza in Greater China.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

Sorry it is in Chinese. Basically the first row is benefits for IC, the second row is for Crowne Plaza, the third row is for Hualuxe and the fourth row is for Indigo. In IC and Indigo, Spire member is entitled welcome drink, welcome fruit platter and CNY120/90 F&B vouchers per stay. In CP and Hualuxe, Spire members are entitled for Club Lounge Access. This is for Greater China only, and people should not quote the terms and condition from English site. Because Greater China has its own terms and condition. So what Fims posted is basically misleading in your case.

For reference, this page can be found at : https://www.ihg.com/content/cn/zh/de...efit-update-gc

Also, this benefits applies to reward stays at this moment. Future changes might be possible but so far all my reward stay and third party stay, several Crowne Plazas in China honoured the Club Lounge access.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
English version: https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...efit-update-gc
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chongcao

Sorry it is in Chinese. Basically the first row is benefits for IC, the second row is for Crowne Plaza, the third row is for Hualuxe and the fourth row is for Indigo. In IC and Indigo, Spire member is entitled welcome drink, welcome fruit platter and CNY120/90 F&B vouchers per stay. In CP and Hualuxe, Spire members are entitled for Club Lounge Access. This is for Greater China only, and people should not quote the terms and condition from English site. Because Greater China has its own terms and condition. So what Fims posted is basically misleading in your case.

For reference, this page can be found at : https://www.ihg.com/content/cn/zh/de...efit-update-gc

Also, this benefits applies to reward stays at this moment. Future changes might be possible but so far all my reward stay and third party stay, several Crowne Plazas in China honoured the Club Lounge access.
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
Wow guys! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing the link and details. I guess this value could be worth chasing the Spire status match as we plan to redeem some rewards stay in China next year..
Stealthmode likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Do Spire receive anything at IC hotels ? Thinking of IC Frankfurt soon.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Only Spire IC Ambassadors have guaranteed perks, and even those can be refused and compensated by a poor handout. No perks for IHG Spire Elite (non-Ambassadors). And my personal experience at the IC Frankfurt as a Spire Amb. couple of years ago left to be desired, had to stand my ground for getting upgraded. In the end received a Panorama Suite which is a nice size and riverview, but was outdated and very tired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.