Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 336
Exactly.
Their are also these days many new build highrise hotels, where all rooms bar some few suites, often the corner rooms are all same size, and hotels sell categories eg std/dlx/superior where the only difference between room cats for the extra roomrate delta, is a higher floor, eg std = low floors / dlx = middle floors / superior high floors

In effect room upgrade is meaningless at these hotels (not limited to IHG by the way) and if I am aware I book the base category.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Spire referral

can anybody PM me a spire referral. I have platinum status at Marriott. Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
can anybody PM me a spire referral. I have platinum status at Marriott. Thanks
Spire referral?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Spire referral?
can existing Spire members refer a new IHG member and gift them Spire status?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
can existing Spire members refer a new IHG member and gift them Spire status?
No. Upon achieving/re-achieving spire, a spire member can get 25k points or gift Platinum status (which one achieves by having the IHG CC)
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
No. Upon achieving/re-achieving spire, a spire member can get 25k points or gift Platinum status (which one achieves by having the IHG CC)

thanks for following up.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's not all bad, email received today:

'Hi Keith,

You’ll be with us soon, and we couldn’t be happier. We wanted to let you know we’ve upgraded your room to make sure you have a wonderful stay. This is just one of the great benefits of being a Spire Elite member of IHG® Rewards Club.'

Points stay too!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
It's not all bad, email received today:

'Hi Keith,

You’ll be with us soon, and we couldn’t be happier. We wanted to let you know we’ve upgraded your room to make sure you have a wonderful stay. This is just one of the great benefits of being a Spire Elite member of IHG® Rewards Club.'
hmmm - you're not there yet. Please come back and let us know what form the upgrade takes
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
hmmm - you're not there yet. Please come back upgrade and let us know what form the upgrade takes
Proper upgrade to Exective Room!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Proper upgrade to Exective Room!
Just be careful that many IHG hotels invented the term of Executive rooms and Club rooms so that you will not have Club Lounge access when you are given Executive room. Even though the Executive room is the same like Deluxe room and the Club room is the exact copy of Executive room...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
We usually just pick a cheaper option from Expedia when it comes to rental cars. But I thought I’d give the Hertz Five Star thing a try and the Spousal Unit was very satisfied with the pick a car and pay at the gate option without the endless upsell from the clerks. Not a flashy benefit, but it helped make a tough travel day a little smoother when we needed that
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Just be careful that many IHG hotels invented the term of Executive rooms and Club rooms so that you will not have Club Lounge access when you are given Executive room. Even though the Executive room is the same like Deluxe room and the Club room is the exact copy of Executive room...
Ive been around the block and sorry to confound the cynics but the hotel I'm at has a genuine and considerable difference between standard and executive rooms (I've stayed in both at this hotel), it doesn't have a club lounge.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just requalified for Spire and could select the 25000 points gift immediately, unlike last year when it was available only after 1.January.
Next year I will be just planning to burn and exploit promos, let the card color shade away
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:50 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Just received a message on the IHG App confirming that, if stay preferences are set on the booking, 10am check-in is now a Spire benefit. This could be really valuable, but is subject to availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.