Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nacho
It's IHG's new policy for Spire ONLY in greater China region (replacing welcoming amenity points). A F&B coupon will be given at:

IC - CNY 120
CP - CNY 90
HI - CNY 60
As a Spire I got 70HKD F&B credit at HI Golden Mile HKG and a drinks voucher for the bar. Additionally was given the 1 category upgrade and free breakfast. Not bad as Spire benefits go though the property itself is tired, but location was near where I needed to be.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KMPete
Yes, Spire since they started it in 2015 and got a 25,000 benefit right away. Then got another one at the beginning of 2016 which I guess was for qualifying in 2015. But since I qualified at the end of 2016, right before Christmas, I didn't get the benefit for that qualification. Now that I've written it out though, I'm wondering what that second bunch of 25,000 in 2015 was for actually. Should I have 2 or 3 of these?
As you realised on re-reading my attempted explanation, IHG's intent has always been that one has to earn Qualification for Spire status to receive the Spire amenity.
You have hit Spire Qualification just 2x, thus correctly received Spire amenity 2x, once in 2015, once in 2016.

Obviously in July2015 when Spire debuted loads of us got Spire status and instant spire Choice 25k/Gift-Plat-status....
Bit muddier come Jan2016, I rolled over 95nights and late Jan received rollover nights ans Spire amenity so legitamately received Spire amenity in Jan2016
However others reportedly received Spire Amenity in Jan+Feb2016 just coz Spire status rolled from 2015.

I am quite prepared to believe IHGs crappy IT gave some (all) 2015 earned Spires who consequently received Spire as a consequence(but corrected later but IHG not stealing back given out Spire Amenities) , Spire amenity in Jan/Feb2016 without such IHGers first making 75nights/75k-EQPs

You have admitted you received Spire Amenity twice, both 2015, and again in
Jan-Feb2016, before you'd earned Spire amenity in 2016. Obviously when you later hit 75nights/75k later in 2016 you correctly did not receive a second 2017 Spire Amenity Choice

Since you "earned Spire in 2016" you get Spire for 2017, but this time around IHGs I.T. is corrected and to receive Spire Amenity in 2017 you need hit 75nights/75k-EQPs again in 2017 first

nb
I am at 11,500 EQPs in 2017 since 20th May 2017, (75k during April 2017) and have not received my Spire choice yet.
Muddied further in that as Royal (Spire) Ambassador, renewed Jan for Jan2017-Dec2017, that could have triggered Spire Amenity Choice but did not
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
I re-qualified for Spire in April and still no sign of the 25k Spire Elite Choice Benefit
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by 21H21J
I re-qualified for Spire in April and still no sign of the 25k Spire Elite Choice Benefit
If they have any sense they will leave the 2018 Spire choice benefit release until 2018.

It would certainly make it clearer and easier to understand for most people.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Just as a data point. A week ago I transferred 75k from Virgin Atlantic to IHG. Today they showed up in my account and my Spire expiration (was already Spire) was extended for a year.

The 25k Spire benefit was available so all good

Last edited by blitzen; Jun 13, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Since you "earned Spire in 2016" you get Spire for 2017, but this time around IHGs I.T. is corrected and to receive Spire Amenity in 2017 you need hit 75nights/75k-EQPs again in 2017 first

nb
I am at 11,500 EQPs in 2017 since 20th May 2017, (75k during April 2017) and have not received my Spire choice yet.
Muddied further in that as Royal (Spire) Ambassador, renewed Jan for Jan2017-Dec2017, that could have triggered Spire Amenity Choice but did not
I'm at some 80k EQP only this year, however haven't received the Spire benefits either.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
Got a reply back from IHG initially saying "your account does not have a Spire-Tier Level bonus available", so I sent a screen shot of the T&Cs and my account summary and they came back with:

I wish to confirm that your account is entitled for the SPIRE Choice benefit. However, due to system issue the options are not activated at this time. Please confirm your chosen option so we can manually process.
I assume the 'system issue' was the glitch that automatically re-qualified you for elite status when you renewed AMB.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Booked two standard rooms, best available breakfast rate, at HI Zurichsee Schindellegi/Switzerland. Modern HI property new style, rooms with wooden floors, very good restaurant, over average breakfast. See seperate review.

Minimum two category room upgrade to Junior Suite for both rooms. 2 bottles of comp. water, voucher for SPA, comp. parking, 1.000 points.

Another property which gave +2cat upgrade to Spire members.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Is there even any point in trying to requalify as spire if your status was extended thru end of 2018 with amb renewal?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Is there even any point in trying to requalify as spire if your status was extended thru end of 2018 with amb renewal?
It is not an Ambassador Renewal benefit to keep/extend @Rewards elite status, and is not a benefit I'd rely on come 31Dec2017 yearend , if I really need IHG Spire status.

Especially if IHG find they need cull Spire member numbers to get hotels to provide meaningful benefits to Spire elites. 2017 is the first year that the slew of unplanned CC 2015 Spires have dropped off too.

Probably easier to qualify on points rather than nights, respecially if making a few single night 5k bonus stays.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:07 am

Last year I reached spire and took the 25k points.

This week I once again reached the necessary points to continue my spire membership, however I still don't see the option to get the 25k bonus points again?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by daruda
Last year I reached spire and took the 25k points.

This week I once again reached the necessary points to continue my spire membership, however I still don't see the option to get the 25k bonus points again?
looking very like IHG has disabled the mechanism that gives one Spiure Amenity Choice shortly after hotting 75k EQPs / 75 Nights.

I have been waiting many months for mine. No point ringing/contacting helpdesk as they can't apparently manually trigger the amenity

No doubt due to badly coded mechanism, as in 2016 the first full year after Spire introduced in July2015, incorrectly giving the plat/25k point choice to all 2015 Spires almost right away in Jan+Feb2016, rather than only once theose 2015 Spires hit the 75k/75night Spire earning target during 2016

You will probably just see your status valid to/expiry stretch out by a year. Mine did when I had my Spire renewal in January.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
When I checked in, as a Spire Ambassador, at IC Pudong, Shanghai, I was given a discount-coupon at 120 (or 125?) CNY for food. I was told it was a new Spire benefit as of March 2017.
I just stayed at IC Pudong Shanghai and was only given a drink coupon. There wasn't any discount food coupon given.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hclee01
I just stayed at IC Pudong Shanghai and was only given a drink coupon. There wasn't any discount food coupon given.
If you are SRA (royal ambassador), you won't get a voucher, if you are Spire member or Spire Ambassador, you will get one.

Chase the front office if you are a Spire but not RA.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Two more datapoints on the rather useless Spire (Ambassador) status:

Indigo Madrid: The front desk guy had apparently no clue about status levels. After looking for a while at my card, he asked me if I am 'a member of the company'. Replied that I am Spire for some time. He offered drink voucher or 600 points - I chose the latter. He then offered me a room on the 2nd floor without any upgrade, although I had requested a high floor room in advance. He claimed the hotel was full, which I did not have the impression. After 15 min waiting and several phone calls and wild typing of him and another associate on the computer, I managed to get a room on the 4th floor (same category as booked). In my room, it knocked on the door 30 min later: Another guy thanked my for 'being a member of the company' (?!?) and give my two small chocolate squares and a cookie (the same that are offered at the frontdesk) wrapped in a napkin along with an improvised card. On my second last day, I asked for a 4pm late check-out, which after discussions with the manager was denied. 2 pm was offered and they offered to charge me another 20 EUR for checking out at 4:00 pm. I accepted, but found this a bit stingy given that I had a total bill of ~1000 EUR.

CP Geneva Airport: No upgrade whatsoever, Welcome points promised but never arrived, no club floor, no club access

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.