Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by ross11988
Where do you choose? I don't see it.
When you're on your account page it's down at the bottom left. You'll see it say "Choice Benefit".
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:53 am

Duplicate post
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
When you're on your account page it's down at the bottom left. You'll see it say "Choice Benefit".
Awesome! Good eye. Points deposited instantly too!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Mine has now changed, and points have already been deposited. HOT.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Not on my page yet. It now says I'm Club Royal Ambassador, and "print your card" gives me a card that says CLUB on it. But nowhere on the page does the word Spire appear.

Maybe the Club part means that I get Club access at all IHG hotels that have Clubs?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
My tier just changed to "Spire Ambassador".

There's a nice little matrix here with the amazing benefits some of us will get with the new Spire status:

https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/enjoy-rewards

It's basically the 25K points and 100% bonus points.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was hoping against hope for free breakfast during my stay mid-month, but I guess not.

I'll soon have 150,000 points for the year, so I guess I'll be a Twin Spire.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
It's such an odd release... I associate a red card/tier very strongly with the a bottom tier entry.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
"Thank you for being a Spire member with IHG." Meh.

If IHG wanted their new level to be distinctive and uniquely their own, I guess they've achieved that, but I'm not sure it's in the positive way they were intending.

The first thing I thought of with the name was that maybe it was something they thought people would aspire to have? Who knows.

All properties have been briefed in the last few days from a conference call? What that probably means is 1 person at each property has been briefed, and the amount of information the other employees will ever know is dependent on how much that 1 person shares.

I wouldn't be expecting instant recognition or awareness of the new level. It will be years before some properties even know or acknowledge it exists. Welcome points has been a brand standard for almost a full year now, and yet some properties are finally just aware of it. I'm guessing that handing over a Spire elite membership card will be greeted with the same way handing over a platinum card was for the most part, with a dismissive "yeah, we've got your number on file". We'll see.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:32 am

Wink

Originally Posted by stimpy
Not on my page yet. It now says I'm Club Royal Ambassador, and "print your card" gives me a card that says CLUB on it. But nowhere on the page does the word Spire appear.

Maybe the Club part means that I get Club access at all IHG hotels that have Clubs?
It's just the result of some code like this:

if level=1 print "Gold"
if level=2 print "Platinum"
else print "Club"

You'd think they'd have added an extra "if" statement (to check for Spire) before they pushed the button but it appears they didn't!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Atacama40
“These enhancements are just the start of a number of exciting new improvements we will be making to the programme in the coming months,” said Susanna Freer Epstein, IHG Senior Vice President of Customer Loyalty Marketing.
IHG will also make small changes behind the scenes, with members able to store their pillow preferences in their Rewards Club profile, which will automatically be attached to every IHG hotel booking a member makes.

That's going to take some beating
Pillow preference ... I've been truly anticipating that one.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Pillow preference ... I've been truly anticipating that one.
Yes, makes it all worthwhile.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Status not yet changed; hope any time. My wife wants to be platinum too will earn us 50% on her account too, better as 25000 points we not use.

hope they come with some more benefits too.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
My Membership Level has been updated to Spire Royal Ambassador. Does that mean I will get a Spire RA Card (as opposed to my existing Plat RA Card)? If so, will I get another BOGO voucher and 5000 points for deposit?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

The system is probably changing your status to the base club level as an intermediate step to the new tier. Just a guess.
Was: Platinum Ambassador
Now: Spire Ambassador

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.