New RA rules after SPIRE

Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Again, your opinion. Manila is definitely not the cheapest call centre location with English speaking staff, FYI. My company has a +/- 2000 seat call centre in Manila, with excellent staff quality and performance, based on both internal and external measures. Training is key, I agree. My experience with IHG has always been very good, but I won't make sweeping generalisations. As for this forum being "littered" it's meaningless in the scope of IHG's membership, so hardly a representative sample.

Regardless, it looks like you've dropped the contention that there is any link with program construction, which is a positive step.
The consequential link between the 2 is very clear (as I highlighted above) as is the fact that the Manila staff are pretty poorly trained. I am sure others will form their own opinion, I refuse to bang my head against a brick wall professionally and won't be doing so any further in my leisure time here either.

Your opinion is that the scheme is perfect, the call centre staff are excellent and well trained. (...)

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 15, 2016 at 3:18 am Reason: edited insulting comment out of post
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The consequential link between the 2 is very clear (as I highlighted above) as is the fact that the Manila staff are pretty poorly trained. I am sure others will form their own opinion, I refuse to bang my head against a brick wall professionally and won't be doing so any further in my leisure time here either.

Your opinion is that the scheme is perfect, the call centre staff are excellent and well trained. (...)
I know, it's tough to defend your argument. You certainly have the right to your own opinion, just don't treat it as fact. (...)

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 15, 2016 at 3:20 am Reason: edited quoted post and deleted remarks to the deleted part of the quoted post
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Shall we create a dedicated thread on Customer Service for RAs (which is an interesting subject per se), as this topic is quite far from the original one : New RA rules after SPIRE
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Or, should this thread be renamed, Telephone customer service for RA?

I've been a RA for a year and have had awful customer service. Ithe has mainly been to a lack of understanding. The main issues have been:
1. 241 night never arrive for Ambassador status and for RA and no agent does anything about it.
2. My account blocked and no one knows why and took weeks to fix.
3. Spend hours to verify RA status due to "manual recount" BS.

In contrast, as a Dimond Gold passport member (top status) at Hyatt, I get amazing telephone customer service.

In all honesty, I love IC and prefer them. But their telephone service and blatant disregard for Ambassador 241 and Ambassador package being shipped, it makes me question my loyalty.

I understand some have got points for the lack of Ambassador packages. Is this the case?

Not to complain too much, but it is majorly annoying to not know whether I'll get a suite upgrade, breakfast, club, or not prior to check in and if be benefits are valid on award stays or not. Does anyone have advice on this?
Old May 5, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Follow-up: I continued the discussion with RA CS and their final statement was that I've got less than IHG 75 nights in the last rolling year, so even the IC nights pass the threshold, I cannot be given RA status....
Old May 5, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by illesus
Follow-up: I continued the discussion with RA CS and their final statement was that I've got less than IHG 75 nights in the last rolling year, so even the IC nights pass the threshold, I cannot be given RA status....
Did you not hit the base point requirement either?
Old May 5, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Did you not hit the base point requirement either?
i think the OP's referring to RA renewal, v Spire?
Old May 5, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i think the OP's referring to RA renewal, v Spire?
I know what the OP was referring to the question still stands. I am curious to understand whether hitting either the 75 night or 75k point total would be acceptable.
Old May 5, 2016, 3:31 pm

I know what the OP was referring to the question still stands. I am curious to understand whether hitting either the 75 night or 75k point total would be acceptable.
i inferred he was saying he got knocked back for RA because he didn't hit the total IHG nights of 75? the replacement for the 60 (3 20 60)?

75K points for Spire renewal has to be the easiest fastest route.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i inferred he was saying he got knocked back for RA because he didn't hit the total IHG nights of 75? the replacement for the 60 (3 20 60)?

75K points for Spire renewal has to be the easiest fastest route.
Indeed but would be useful to get some datapoints
Old May 5, 2016, 4:23 pm

Indeed but would be useful to get some datapoints
on RA?

i believe it's still the 60/20/3, it's possible they've included a spend logarithm, spenders get it at 60/20/3. low spenders get it at 75/30/3?

just some speculation!
Old May 6, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
on RA?
i believe it's still the 60/20/3, it's possible they've included a spend logarithm, spenders get it at 60/20/3. low spenders get it at 75/30/3?
With Chase IHG card spending, it's easy to get pts, I think it's irrelevant for RA qualification. It was above 120k pts in 2015 (card was opened earlier, so it's not the signup bonus).

Sad panda for being in the low spenders cat.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
on RA?

just some speculation!
I don't believe that spend ($$$) changes the stay numbers.

mxm135
Old May 6, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
I don't believe that spend ($$$) changes the stay numbers.

mxm135
it shld as an alternative criteria to get RA^ ie either 60/20/3 or say USD10K spend

for eg someone can earn RA for:

40 HI nights at say USD80 = USD3.2K
20 IC nights at say USD150 = USD3K
total spend USD6.2K
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: IHG RA, BA, Virgin. Marriott Gold/SPG Gold /Gold Hilton
IHG have gone deaf and Dumb, I emailed them re my number qualifying nights in my year and a prepared answer came back that IHG were revamping RA qualification but not answering my Question. If you only have a month it is ridiculous to find a way to qualify if the rules change at short, or short making them public.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.