Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Dubai Marina (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:01 am

I've stayed here a few times, once as a Spire Ambassador and more recently just as Spire on a couple of occasions.

Most recently last week on a couple of reward nights at 45k a night.

All times I have stayed I've been upgraded to a 1 bed residence suite. I asked for a 2 bed this time as I was with a friend I didn't fancy sharing the bed with, but I was turned down.

This time I was not offered lounge access but I did not ask for it either.
I have had it before but at a payment, IIRC Ł60/night which included breakfast in the lounge, afternoon tea and happy hour.

I cannot fault this hotel. Dubai Marina has lots around it and this is well placed.
I did find that a lot of taxi drivers did not know where this hotel was so it's useful to take a hotel card with you.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
One other thing is getting to the lounge. You have to get to floor 12 and then change to a seperate lift.

There is only one seperate lift for going up and as it goes from floor G to 39 it's always rammed.

It took us 15 minutes to get from our room to the lounge. Lots of people moaning how bad the lifts are for a new hotel.
There are 3 lifts around the corner from the ones that take you to floor 12.
These lifts go all the way up to the top and generally did not seem that busy.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:55 am

I was thinking about staying at this marina property next fall for a night on my free night cert, but after looking at the reviews I am thinking it might not be such a great idea. I dont think Im going to do a ton in dubai, mainly want to see the fountain, burj, dubai mall(biggest one with the aquarium), maybe another aquarium, and I think thats it. Would I be better off with the other intercontinental?
I might do a half day excursion in the desert, but after spending over a month in Africa I think I wouldn't be all that excited about this. Im starting to think the crown plaza dubai might be more convenient, but a bad redemption. Any thoughts on this plan vs the intercontinental festival city? Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by igneous
I was thinking about staying at this marina property next fall for a night on my free night cert, but after looking at the reviews I am thinking it might not be such a great idea. I dont think Im going to do a ton in dubai, mainly want to see the fountain, burj, dubai mall(biggest one with the aquarium), maybe another aquarium, and I think thats it. Would I be better off with the other intercontinental?
I might do a half day excursion in the desert, but after spending over a month in Africa I think I wouldn't be all that excited about this. Im starting to think the crown plaza dubai might be more convenient, but a bad redemption. Any thoughts on this plan vs the intercontinental festival city? Thanks
I'm kind of in the same boat. I've got a couple of free night certs I need to burn and it's between here and the IC Festival City.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:14 am

Knowing Dubai since 2002. IC Festival City is so near at the airport. If you're just staying one or two nights go for it. Otherwise go to the Dubai Marina. Taxis are cheap and the location is way better.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by monsterschradde
Knowing Dubai since 2002. IC Festival City is so near at the airport. If you're just staying one or two nights go for it. Otherwise go to the Dubai Marina. Taxis are cheap and the location is way better.
I'm a firm believer that location is KEY. Since I'm staying a total of three nights I may just pull the trigger on the IC Dubai Marina.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:16 am

I've got an IHG Ambassador free night cert and I'm wondering that if I book the 'One King Bed Premium Marina View' would I get an upgrade to 'One King Bed InterContinental Suite' which doesn't have a Marina view or should I do it a different way.

First time staying in an IHG property in Dubai and if it's not advisable to stay here, any other suggestions as I'll be in Dubai for 4 nights.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
I'm a firm believer that location is KEY. Since I'm staying a total of three nights I may just pull the trigger on the IC Dubai Marina.
Have been staying IC Festival City 5-6 times a year for many years and every time I usually stay not less than 5 nights. Also stayed at IC Marina couple of times when the room rate was much cheaper than IC Festival City. If I give IC Festival City 5 stars, then IC Marina deserves maximum 3 1/2 stars.

As other posters said, there are nothing special about IC Marina. It is over-rated. IC Festival City is a true 5 star hotel and the view overlooks burj khalifa is to die for.

At IC Marina, I don't find the residence suite with Marina view amazing and the view of regular hotel suites (3rd or 4th floor to 12th floor ) is bad and it is small and dark. The room is dark because the view is blocked by all the tall buildings around.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Have been staying IC Festival City 5-6 times a year for many years and every time I usually stay not less than 5 nights. Also stayed at IC Marina couple of times when the room rate was much cheaper than IC Festival City. If I give IC Festival City 5 stars, then IC Marina deserves maximum 3 1/2 stars.

As other posters said, there are nothing special about IC Marina. It is over-rated. IC Festival City is a true 5 star hotel and the view overlooks burj khalifa is to die for.

At IC Marina, I don't find the residence suite with Marina view amazing and the view of regular hotel suites (3rd or 4th floor to 12th floor ) is bad and it is small and dark. The room is dark because the view is blocked by all the tall buildings around.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at the photos online and that view of the Dubai skyline does look amazing! The only reason I'm still holding out hope for the IC Marina is because all of the restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Is there much around the IC Fesitval City? I know taxis are relatively cheap so I honestly shouldn't worry too much about it.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:07 am

Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at the photos online and that view of the Dubai skyline does look amazing! The only reason I'm still holding out hope for the IC Marina is because all of the restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Is there much around the IC Fesitval City? I know taxis are relatively cheap so I honestly shouldn't worry too much about it.
There is a huge mall just next door. At my last visit there was construction between the hotel and the mall, the indoor connector was closed. The mall has many restaurants (the typical chain places), a food court, an huge supermarket and the regular assortment of shops.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
There is a huge mall just next door. At my last visit there was construction between the hotel and the mall, the indoor connector was closed. The mall has many restaurants (the typical chain places), a food court, an huge supermarket and the regular assortment of shops.
Okay, so there's at least something around the property. Thanks for the insight!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:47 am

Okay, so there's at least something around the property. Thanks for the insight!
I forgot that there is also an outside promenade (next to the creek) under construction or possibly finished by now. There will be more shops and restaurants.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Unterwegs is right about the Festival City Mall next to the hotel and the surroundings. The mall is relatively more quiet than the major shopping malls in Dubai (Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Center, etc) because Festival City Mall can't be accessed by Dubai Metro, so that's why it is more quiet than the other malls and it's what I like about it. The Mall had been under intensive renovation for more than a year and a lot of nice restaurants should be coming back.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:37 am

In a last minute decision I ended up booking three nights at the IC Dubai Marina. I used a combination of free night certs and points, so fingers crossed for an upgrade . Either way I'll have a detailed review of the property up in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I have an upcoming stay in this property this weekend. Room type booked is a One Bed Residence. What can I expect for ambassador upgrade? Probably just to marina view? Is it worth paying for the lounge with ambassador discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.