IC Dubai Marina (Master Thread)

Old Feb 11, 18, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg View Post
In a last minute decision I ended up booking three nights at the IC Dubai Marina. I used a combination of free night certs and points, so fingers crossed for an upgrade . Either way I'll have a detailed review of the property up in a couple of weeks.
I was going to ask you how you liked it but never mind.
https://passengerpoldberg.com/home/r...l-dubai-marina
PassengerPoldberg likes this.
Old Mar 12, 18, 6:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Slickw View Post
I was going to ask you how you liked it but never mind.
https://passengerpoldberg.com/home/r...l-dubai-marina
After a rough start it turned out to be a very pleasant stay
Old Sep 11, 18, 11:12 am

Hi, I have a booking at IC Dubai - Marina for Dec on BOGO rate for a "King Club Intercontinental" room. I have below queries :

1) Being an Ambassador Gold, what can I expect in terms of upgrade?

2) My booking on Ambassador certificate rate is for Saturday to Monday. Will I face any issues, as weekend in Middle East are from Thus to Sat? Since I have a confirmed booking, I am hoping there should not be any grey area for them to reject my BOGO rate.

3) Also, seeing poor review for the Club Lounge, will I be better off saving some money and booking a regular "King Deluxe Room"?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by agarwaga; Sep 11, 18 at 11:29 am
Old Sep 11, 18, 1:03 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG RA, HH D
Originally Posted by agarwaga View Post
Hi, I have a booking at IC Dubai - Marina for Dec on BOGO rate for a "King Club Intercontinental" room. I have below queries :

1) Being an Ambassador Gold, what can I expect in terms of upgrade?

2) My booking on Ambassador certificate rate is for Saturday to Monday. Will I face any issues, as weekend in Middle East are from Thus to Sat? Since I have a confirmed booking, I am hoping there should not be any grey area for them to reject my BOGO rate.

3) Also, seeing poor review for the Club Lounge, will I be better off saving some money and booking a regular "King Deluxe Room"?

Thank you in advance.
1) one cat upgrade with a nice Marine view. I prefer that over a two cat upgrade for a suite with road view.
2) I would have checked with hotel upfront.
3) I love the club lounge at IC Marina. Club manager have moved to IC Dubai FC so service might have changed over last two months, but was great in early July. Ask for a room on 12th floor prior to arrival so you have elevator direct to club lounge.
Old Sep 11, 18, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by gunlie View Post

1) one cat upgrade with a nice Marine view. I prefer that over a two cat upgrade for a suite with road view.
2) I would have checked with hotel upfront.
3) I love the club lounge at IC Marina. Club manager have moved to IC Dubai FC so service might have changed over last two months, but was great in early July. Ask for a room on 12th floor prior to arrival so you have elevator direct to club lounge.
Thank you.