Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has already reached the new tier level?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by rumbataz
So the earth did not stop revolving as I passed the required EQ points and nights for the new tier level. What an anti-climax!
You came (to it) too soon, which is always an anti-climax.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You came (to it) too soon, which is always an anti-climax.
Thats what she said!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
When I checked in Sunday afternoon, the lady behind checking in after me handed over her member card and the surprised reception clerk politely mentioned that that was a card for the old scheme ""Priority Club" but he would be happy to order her the newer "IHG @Rewards" card and not to worry as the account membership number remains the same.

At least she has stopped her saved points (if any) expiring next April 2016 although I suspect she will not know about that change!
Next time when I check-in, I might try to use my old no status Blue Priority Card
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Next time when I check-in, I might try to use my old no status Blue Priority Card
Inverted snobbery .....might use the temporary paper 'Six Continents' one I printed out on the interweb back in 1999

I did actually find my BAEC paper one back from 1995 last year when clearing my office out...kept it....how sad is that?

Actually bit seriously....do people actually present their card when checking in? I don't think I ever have....always felt a bit draft doing it.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I had to use a hotel card once ... at a Hilton. I asked about an upgrade, and the clerk responded I was a Blue (basic) member, so I fished out my Gold card, and he relented. Otherwise, no.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:50 pm

I think like Braiski I may have an old blue PCR one in the car somewhere. It's excellent for scraping ice of the windscreen outside HIX Inverness at 7am on a Monday morning in January.

Never needed it in a hotel though. There's a live one on the app as well these days so I suppose there is no need for the plastic one of you have a smartphone.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had to use a hotel card once ... at a Hilton. I asked about an upgrade, and the clerk responded I was a Blue (basic) member, so I fished out my Gold card, and he relented. Otherwise, no.
is a point ... have to say IHG are very good at their "thanks for being a ...." monolog and don't think they ever failed to do the honorable thing...for me at least.

Was just curious....think most folks on FT would have a wallet the size of a accordion if they took all they plastic with them!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
I think like Braiski I may have an old blue PCR one in the car somewhere. It's excellent for scraping ice of the windscreen outside HIX Inverness at 7am on a Monday morning in January.

Never needed it in a hotel though. There's a live one on the app as well these days so I suppose there is no need for the plastic one of you have a smartphone.
Smartphone??? Still using my 2003 Arabic Nokia E61 ..... it refuses to die! Now that's inverted snobbery....refusing to go Smartphone
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Was just curious....think most folks on FT would have a wallet the size of a accordion if they took all they plastic with them!
I actually use a business card holder to keep and organize all of my plastic cards for hotels/airlines/restaurants, etc. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Business-Name-Holder-Cards/dp/B005GIS5M6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1433273005&sr=8-4&keywords=business+card+binder http://www.amazon.com/Black-Business-Name-Holder-Cards/dp/B005GIS5M6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1433273005&sr=8-4&keywords=business+card+binder

I keep it in my car just in case. I only have a few of my loyalty cards that I use frequently in my pocket wallet.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I actually use a business card holder to keep and organize all of my plastic cards for hotels/airlines/restaurants, etc. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Business...ss+card+binder

I keep it in my car just in case. I only have a few of my loyalty cards that I use frequently in my pocket wallet.
Jealous ..... your wallet beats my old Clarks shoe box of plastic. I want one! I want one!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Business...ss+card+binder

I have that but I use it for business cards, I don't think I have enough Loyalty cards for that
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I carry around a lot of plastic with me, and a couple titaniums. Certain airline lounges insist on seeing my card. And the Starwood lifetime plat card impresses some front desk staff and has resulted in better upgrades. There are a few others that are important to carry around, but I admit I don't often pull out my IHG cards.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Smartphone??? Still using my 2003 Arabic Nokia E61 ..... it refuses to die! Now that's inverted snobbery....refusing to go Smartphone
That's a blast from the past there lol.

I'd quite happily go back to the days pre-smartphone. I came out of a half hour meeting this afternoon to 31 emails and most of it was nonsense and they all expect an immediate response because you have a smartphone and can reply on the move.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
I carry around a lot of plastic with me, and a couple titaniums. Certain airline lounges insist on seeing my card. And the Starwood lifetime plat card impresses some front desk staff and has resulted in better upgrades. There are a few others that are important to carry around, but I admit I don't often pull out my IHG cards.
I have found the iPhone App Card to be useful at a few CP's that offer distinct benefits to RA's and where they didn't see my RA status on their system.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
That's a blast from the past there lol.

I'd quite happily go back to the days pre-smartphone. I came out of a half hour meeting this afternoon to 31 emails and most of it was nonsense and they all expect an immediate response because you have a smartphone and can reply on the move.
Excuse me.....that's my pride and joy that is......I consider it a big step up from my "old" Nokia 3210!

No I watch too many of you all in email/on-line/facebook hell in Club Lounges and airports. It's something I'm holding out against although begrudgingly understand the benefits as well.

I saw the zenith of this in the KLM lounge at Schiphol a few weeks back....an elderly Japanese lady and gentleman....over the course of 15 minutes they pulled out two different forms of tablets and three smartphones between them....and didn't say a word to each other for the following hour save to ask where the charging point was.....I kid you not, we were in bits!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.