Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Did you want the welcome gift or 500 bonus points that we will never really post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did you want the welcome gift or 500 bonus points that we will never really post?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:21 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Just out of interest, do you get welcome points at ICs as well? Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
My welcome points credited within an hour of check in. It was a brand new hotel and not very busy, but still impressive!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by tatia
My welcome points credited within an hour of check in. It was a brand new hotel and not very busy, but still impressive!
That indeed is impressive. The fastest I've seen is the next day.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oopl
That indeed is impressive. The fastest I've seen is the next day.
I thought they had changed the system as the last few times i've stayed i've had the points before I'd reached my room
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:32 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Saral
I thought they had changed the system as the last few times i've stayed i've had the points before I'd reached my room
Yeah, same here, in most cases. It took 5 days to get them posted on my recent stay at CP Dublin Airport though.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:39 pm

Just checked into Hix Dublin airport.Received double welcome points (600) in 15 minutes.Best result ever for me.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Saral
I've noticed this as well.

The official policy from speaking with a few FD staff is that they are added when the guest checks in.

I wonder if IHG has moved to enforce this.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
I've noticed this as well.

The official policy from speaking with a few FD staff is that they are added when the guest checks in.

I wonder if IHG has moved to enforce this.
My stays at HIX and CP in Newcastle have garnered points on check in, my last stay at H Indigo also in Newcastle took 3 days and the reception staff member was very snooty when I checked out and mentioned I hadn't rec'd the points yet, got told sometimes they need to be authorised..3 days later they arrived
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
HI Raleigh-North Midtown last week. Offered 500 welcome points or a drink at their bar. Took the points which posted the next day ^
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Are welcome points at the discretion of the hotel, or an actual published benefit? How many points should a Spire Elite be getting if they are an actual benefit?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Are welcome points at the discretion of the hotel, or an actual published benefit? How many points should a Spire Elite be getting if they are an actual benefit?
They are a brand standard and hotels are required to offer them. They aren't published online anywhere but are mentioned in post stay questionnaires.

HIX - 300 points
HI/SBS - 500 points
Indigo/CP - 600 points

It's a while since I stayed at an IC, can't remember if they participate.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:44 pm

They are a brand standard and hotels are required to offer them. They aren't published online anywhere but are mentioned in post stay questionnaires.

HIX - 300 points
HI/SBS - 500 points
Indigo/CP - 600 points

I tend to stay at Holiday Inn Express quite a lot, and as I look back through my account activity, I see that I have gotten 500 points there every stay this year. I also get 500 at Holiday Inn and 600 at Crowne Plaza. I haven't stayed at any of their other properties recently, so I don't know if Candlewood, Staybridge, etc is different.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I tend to stay at Holiday Inn Express quite a lot, and as I look back through my account activity, I see that I have gotten 500 points there every stay this year. I also get 500 at Holiday Inn and 600 at Crowne Plaza. I haven't stayed at any of their other properties recently, so I don't know if Candlewood, Staybridge, etc is different.
HIX is def 300 here in the UK - probably should have put the location in the post sorry.

Some other regions are different for some reason I don't know why.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the replies. So if hotels give me a free drink voucher as a welcome gift, strictly speaking I can push for the points as well?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador

HIX - 300 points
HI/SBS - 500 points
Indigo/CP - 600 points

IC's do participate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.