Search

NCE Airport to Holiday Inn Nice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:47 am
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
NCE Airport to Holiday Inn Nice

Am off for a weekend break this coming Friday-Monday and staying at the Holiday Inn in Nice. It looks only about 5km to the hotel from the airport but the hotel front-desk advised me the taxi fare will be about €30-40??

Is this correct for such a short journey?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:51 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by BOH
Am off for a weekend break this coming Friday-Monday and staying at the Holiday Inn in Nice. It looks only about 5km to the hotel from the airport but the hotel front-desk advised me the taxi fare will be about €30-40??

Is this correct for such a short journey?
It is. It will cost a few more but I suggest you ask the driver to take you via Promenade des Anglais as it is simply a nicer route. Make sure the meter is on.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:32 am
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
It is. It will cost a few more but I suggest you ask the driver to take you via Promenade des Anglais as it is simply a nicer route. Make sure the meter is on.
Thank you ^
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:37 am
uk1
Suspended

No prob.

I see your a Plat. I have presumed from the fare quote you're staying at the HI on Victor Hugo. Most of the rooms are very small but they have some slightly larger in the run of the hotel - not much bigger - but two smallish suites at the front on the top floor (by the hotel sign) with a small terrace / balcony. Might be worth you trying your luck and asking whether you can have one of those. We use to use them a lot and they were a lot better than the standard slight upgrade.

Enjoy your stay.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:43 am
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
No prob.

I see your a Plat. I have presumed from the fare quote you're staying at the HI on Victor Hugo. Most of the rooms are very small but they have some slightly larger in the run of the hotel - not much bigger - but two smallish suites at the front on the top floor (by the hotel sign) with a small terrace / balcony. Might be worth you trying your luck and asking whether you can have one of those. We use to use them a lot and they were a lot better than the standard slight upgrade.

Enjoy your stay.
Thanks am at the HI on Victor Hugo - will certainly give your suggestion a try ^
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
Thanks am at the HI on Victor Hugo - will certainly give your suggestion a try ^
Did you get the upgrade?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I would suggest to try
https://www.lecab.fr/reservation-cha...-vtc-nice.html
or Uber to get much better service and prive.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I would suggest to try
https://www.lecab.fr/reservation-cha...-vtc-nice.html
or Uber to get much better service and prive.
How much does UBER charge for the ride from the airport to HI Nice?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How much does UBER charge for the ride from the airport to HI Nice?
UberBERLINE:31-39 €
UberVAN: 31-39 €
uberX: 19-26 €

https://www.uber.com/fr/fare-estimate/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.