Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by nmelapsos
I reached out to IHG's Twitter team about a week ago about Indigo Rome, and I asked them....
The Twitter Team. Glad to hear you got help you as they announced eventually also things in the past which did not came true (CP lounge access for Spires). And there might be members like me who do not have (and want) a Twitter account. So when can we expect i.e. an FT Rep like others have since long time (SPG, Hilton, Accor) also from IHG.

I hope the new CEO will bring not only this in order.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:32 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by submonte
The Twitter Team. Glad to hear you got help you as they announced eventually also things in the past which did not came true (CP lounge access for Spires). And there might be members like me who do not have (and want) a Twitter account. So when can we expect i.e. an FT Rep like others have since long time (SPG, Hilton, Accor) also from IHG.

I hope the new CEO will bring not only this in order.
There is a FT Handle of IHG, but they prefere to communicate via PM and do not post that much.

Other than that, I would like to highlight that this thread is about the Indigo Rome

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:01 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by demue
It's 45k a night these days. Used to be 30k a night a while back. Think the other poster booked 2 nights at 30k points each and one night on cert. 3 nights total.paid rates can be 300+ Euro so I would consider spending 45k points instead.
I just checked in here today for 10 nights, 1 night free with my Chase Bank free night cert., the other 9 on points. Can't remember how many points per night it was, because I booked it about 9 months ago. VERY nicely located hotel, quiet narrow street, many places within 5-10 min. walk to eat. There is even a small Carrefour Express grocery store about a 5 to 7 minute walk away.
Spotless hotel, lovely helpful staff, turn down service that included 2 chocolates each, and all the used towels switched out. I am a Platinum Ambassador and at check in was given an upgraded room, and free minibar during my complete stay. VERY nice! I took the welcome bonus points rather then the welcome drink. So far I am VERY happy. The staff here is extremely nice! There were 2 peach juices, 2 coca colas, 2 beers, 2 waters, a biondo aperitivo, and a tonic water to drink , and 1 kit kat candy bar, a bag of nuts, a cereal bar, and a pack of tuc crackers in the mini bar. they said to empty it every day and they will fill it up again free of charge.
P.S. forgot to mention they also give you the use of a smart phone while you r staying here. You can even call back to the USA free of charge. This is a VERY nice place!
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by mav; Sep 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm Reason: P.S.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mav
I just checked in here today for 10 nights, 1 night free with my Chase Bank free night cert., the other 9 on points. Can't remember how many points per night it was, because I booked it about 9 months ago. VERY nicely located hotel, quiet narrow street, many places within 5-10 min. walk to eat. There is even a small Carrefour Express grocery store about a 5 to 7 minute walk away.
Spotless hotel, lovely helpful staff, turn down service that included 2 chocolates each, and all the used towels switched out. I am a Platinum Ambassador and at check in was given an upgraded room, and free minibar during my complete stay. VERY nice! I took the welcome bonus points rather then the welcome drink. So far I am VERY happy. The staff here is extremely nice! There were 2 peach juices, 2 coca colas, 2 beers, 2 waters, a biondo aperitivo, and a tonic water to drink , and 1 kit kat candy bar, a bag of nuts, a cereal bar, and a pack of tuc crackers in the mini bar. they said to empty it every day and they will fill it up again free of charge.
P.S. forgot to mention they also give you the use of a smart phone while you r staying here. You can even call back to the USA free of charge. This is a VERY nice place!
This report makes the difficulty in booking it seem worthwhile.

I am glad you had a fantastic stay and that they respected the points stay so much!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:48 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by Lewis42
This report makes the difficulty in booking it seem worthwhile.

I am glad you had a fantastic stay and that they respected the points stay so much!

Thank you for the well wishes , I am still here, and we had a wonderful time wandering around Rome yesterday! It was good to come back to the Eternal City.
I checked my account this morning and looked back and saw I booked 10 months ago and the points were 45,000 per night. I feel I got a very good return for my points. Still have over 1 million in my account.

We went to Oman about 2 years ago and I used points at the Intercontinental. They REALLY roll out the perks there. It was Middle Eastern hospitality at it's finest!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: IC Plat RA
Originally Posted by mav
I had a nearly identical experience with my stay (checking in on 9/16). It is a great hotel in a great location - I wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend to friends!
Old May 6, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question Email Address?

Hello, what is the correct e-mail address for the Hotel Indigo Rome?
Old May 16, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am thinking of booking this hotel for three nights next summer. Can anyone who has stayed here recently comment on the AC and the noise level? Several reviews on TA mention that the rooms and hallways are warm. This is a deal breaker for me. I want to be able to get the room to 17-18 Celsius. If not, I will stay elsewhere. Also, did folks find the rooms quiet? Many Rome hotels have noisy vespas outside. Does this one?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I am thinking of booking this hotel for three nights next summer. Can anyone who has stayed here recently comment on the AC and the noise level? Several reviews on TA mention that the rooms and hallways are warm. This is a deal breaker for me. I want to be able to get the room to 17-18 Celsius. If not, I will stay elsewhere. Also, did folks find the rooms quiet? Many Rome hotels have noisy vespas outside. Does this one?
Noise: No problems during the overnight hours. Both my rooms faced interior courtyards so no Vespa noises. However, one evening there was an event going on in the breakfast courtyard area was some music during the early evening but nothing during the sleeping time once windows were closed. Request a room w/ interior courtyard, e.g. breakfast area to avoid the noise.

A/C: As much as I tried to get the A/C below 20C or 19.5C, I couldn't get it to really move. It bothered my wife more than me. I slept through it okay after being out of the sheets a bit. I never did ask the front desk about how to adjust the A/C better (so it is possible it was user error on my part). OP, if this is a big concern ask the hotel directly now. This is a great hotel, and the location is terrific. Would hate for you to pass up just on the A/C. I will post more on my recent stay soon.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Noise: No problems during the overnight hours. Both my rooms faced interior courtyards so no Vespa noises. However, one evening there was an event going on in the breakfast courtyard area was some music during the early evening but nothing during the sleeping time once windows were closed. Request a room w/ interior courtyard, e.g. breakfast area to avoid the noise.

A/C: As much as I tried to get the A/C below 20C or 19.5C, I couldn't get it to really move. It bothered my wife more than me. I slept through it okay after being out of the sheets a bit. I never did ask the front desk about how to adjust the A/C better (so it is possible it was user error on my part). OP, if this is a big concern ask the hotel directly now. This is a great hotel, and the location is terrific. Would hate for you to pass up just on the A/C. I will post more on my recent stay soon.
Thank you for the detailed response. I read many reviews on TripAdvisor for this hotel and while the majority of comments are positive, some travelers do mention street noise and poor AC. An inner courtyard room seems like a great idea. As for the AC, 20C is rather warm for this American but I could ask for a fan. Actually, I may email them and ask if they have fans or how low the AC actually goes.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:29 pm

Thumbs up 2018-June review

My family had a great stay at the Indigo Rome. We stayed for only 2 nights (because that is all I could get). We booked 2 rooms using IHG free night certs and points. I booked about 1 year out and got the dates I wanted. When I went back to add more nights about 9 months out, no luck. The hotel has only about 64 total rooms. I booked 2 king standard rooms and was given 1 king superior and 1 queen standard based on the size of my party.

As IHG PLT, I was offered and accepted 50% off the breakfast which brings it to 15 Euros per person. For the kids they discounted to 7.5 Euros which is a good deal for a breakfast buffet. Quality of breakfast is good. Also offered 1 free drink in the sky terrace bar per rooms as IHG PLT. Enjoyed a drink watching the sunset one evening on the roof top bar. Also got 2 bottles of water per day per room. Also, was given full use of the mini-bar for free (yes you read that correctly).

WiFi is free and it worked fine. Can add multiple devices so no issues here.

The location of this hotel is fantastic. You can get to most places on foot or a short taxi ride. You can return mid-day and rest and go back out in the evening.

Lots of good authentic places to eat nearby and you are eating where locals eat. There is mini grocery store very close by if you need anything. Some restaurants we liked close by listed below. Our family enjoyed our meals in Rome.
  • Trattoria da Luigi: great Florentine steak (much better than what I got in Florence, based on the Hilton’s restaurant recommendation and paid much less in Rome too.)
  • Bar Pizzeria Piazza Sforza Cesarini (I think is the name; is it he one in front of the Luigi restaurant). My daughter loved their lasagna and pasta.
  • Gelateria Sweet Life
  • Pizza Zaza: hole in the wall pizza place close to Pantheon. Limited outdoor seating. Good pizza and reasonable prices.
  • Punto Gelato (the gelato place next door to the pizza place).

Hotel offers a mobile (smart) phone called Handy to use while you are there for free. 1 device per room. You can use all the standard apps such as google maps, which came in handy while walking through the old streets. You can make calls including back to the US. If you have 2 rooms make sure you take down the phone number of the other Handy if you want to call it. You can’t redial it via the app call history.

No noise issues for us while we slept. Both our rooms faced an interior courtyard so no noises from honking cars or vespas.

A/C was a little weak in the room I was in. Turned it down but couldn’t get it colder. I was okay with it but mrs didn’t sleep that great one of the evenings. Not a deal killer for me based on all the pros.

Service in this hotel is great. Front desk staff is great, friendly and very helpful. My advice to anyone going for the 1st time, especially on points of IHG cert, book ahead of time as soon as the schedule opens and contact the hotel directly on anything specific for your needs. Would definitely like to stay here on a return pleasure trip to Rome.

Other logistical notes:
We got to the hotel via car service via Rome Shuttle Limousine from FCO to the hotel since I had more than 4 people and didn’t know the taxi stand situation at FCO for getting a larger car. Cost was 55 Euros. Also called them back to take me Termini on the way out. Contact info is: [email protected]. Note, I intended to use Roma Cabs that is mentioned by others but they were fully booked 1 week out so I found this website online via TA.

Hotel Indigo front desk will also call taxi and book car service for you. Note, they use a web-app to contact the taxi so if you need something bigger it is a roll of the dice if you get a mini-van vs. a Prius that can fit 6 people but no luggage. This is why for the outbound trip we went with the car service so knew we’d get something where the luggage would fit.

I have always loved the pictures of Rome at night with all the major attractions lit up. I wanted a tour without the crazy expense. I ended up calling a taxi and had the driver take us around on the meter. Came out to 32Euros which is much cheaper than the formal night tour w/ car and driver option that I found on my own. By the way, after the trip, I’d say the pictures look much better with the lights than in person but that is just my opinion. Even my own pictures that I took look better than it seemed to look to me from the car.

Last edited by miles_navigator; Jun 24, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Not sure what's going on here, but on the IHG website, the hotel Indigo in Rome adds a 10% extra fee onto the published rate when you go to enter credit card details just before confirmation. It lists this as "Taxes: 10% per night not included in rate"

The other IHG hotels in Rome do not do this, and as far as I know VAT tax rates in Italy are 20%, and are always included in the original quoted price...so what on earth is this extra 10% for ???

It's not the city tax by the way....thats another 7 euro per person (per night !!) at this hotel which is also listed seperately.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 23, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:53 pm

The VAT for hotels is 10% : there are different rates for different classes of purchases: https://www.avalara.com/vatlive/en/c...vat-rates.html . What you got was off the norm considering that the VAT is usually included in quoted prices. When the Hotel de la Ville was an IHG hotel, we had drinks on the terrace and a bill saying taxes weren't included. We charged it to the room and they added the tax; I suppose if we'd offered cash they'd have said we owed more than was on the bill.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by rove312
The VAT for hotels is 10% : there are different rates for different classes of purchases: https://www.avalara.com/vatlive/en/c...vat-rates.html . What you got was off the norm considering that the VAT is usually included in quoted prices. When the Hotel de la Ville was an IHG hotel, we had drinks on the terrace and a bill saying taxes weren't included. We charged it to the room and they added the tax; I suppose if we'd offered cash they'd have said we owed more than was on the bill.

Looks like you are right...VAT tax on hotels in Italy is "only" 10%.
However, that doesn't explain why the IHG website lists the rates for the hotel Indigo in Rome without taxes, but for other hotels in the same city it's already included...such as the Crowne Plaza St Peter's (also in Rome).

Seems like a sneaky way for the Indigo rates to appear much lower than they really are.
Once you add the 10% taxes, and then the 7 euro city tax per person (per night !!) the price goes up quite a lot compared to the original quoted rate.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 23, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Looks like you are right...VAT tax on hotels in Italy is "only" 10%.
However, that doesn't explain why the IHG website lists the rates for the hotel Indigo in Rome without taxes, but for other hotels in the same city it's already included...such as the Crowne Plaza St Peter's (also in Rome).

Seems like a sneaky way for the Indigo rates to appear much lower than they really are.
Once you add the 10% taxes, and then the 7 euro city tax per person (per night !!) the price goes up quite a lot compared to the original quoted rate.
And they charge extra for a second person in the room! Add the tax issues you noted, I believe the rates shown for this hotel are almost fake news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.