Booking 2 rooms with different length of stay in 1 booking?

Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Booking 2 rooms with different length of stay in 1 booking?

Hi,

How can I book 2 rooms with different length of stay in 1 booking? I would like to have all spending (including room services and F&B) in one portfolio to maximize my points.

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cardiology
Hi,

How can I book 2 rooms with different length of stay in 1 booking? I would like to have all spending (including room services and F&B) in one portfolio to maximize my points.

Thanks
As far as I know, you will have 2 bookings but if you are in the US/Canada, you can earn points on multiple bookings: At U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental Alliance Resorts), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10) provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the member's stay at the same hotel, and that their IHG® Rewards Club member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the member's reservation.. However, not sure if this applies to rooms with different lengths of stay.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Hi,

Thanks
Book 2x rooms for the shorter stay period on 1x reservation ..... ++ at hotel post checkin have desk extend stay for 1x room for the extra nights on the 2room reservation.

This could result in a slightly higher rate as last week flex rate for extra nights but if you want all points on one res number that is your only real option

Just to be sure to avoid being disappointed if your hotel is sold out at checkin you can book a second flex booking for your needed extra nights that you can cancel after checking day/time although that won't force hotel to honour that rate if lower than rate on the day.
(If full cancelling free up rooms to be added.to your booking)

If not sold out most hotels will honour company rate if still available online even when extending this way, and I sometimes get same rate for extensions to my 1room bookings when hotels are lowish occupancy even if rate on day has increased slightly.

It is Not possible to have this auctioned by hotel prior to checkin as you'll instead still end up with 2x reservations

Last edited by scubaccr; Feb 28, 2015 at 7:57 am
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hi,

Thanks
If you're the one staying longer, book 2 rooms for the shorter period, then 1 room for the rest. You'll get all the points. At checkin, just tell them you have back-to-back reservations for one room so they'll make sure you don't have to more (you might have to check out/check right back in to get keys updated, I've had that work both ways recently).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.