Ambassador - is it instant once purchased?

Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Ambassador - is it instant once purchased?

Got a couple of nights coming up next week at my first IC.

If I were to pay the $200 for Ambassador, would it be in place either instantly or before next week, or is it a case of having to wait until cards etc are issued?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:28 am

If I remember correctly it can take 48 hours to be processed.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
I'd consider buying it at check-in if I was you - hotel gets rewarded for Ambassador members it signs up (or at least meets quota required from IHG) so you can usually use it as leverage for Ambassador benefits and a better upgrade.

Maybe consider emailing the hotel asking what they could do for you if you signed up when you checked in.....
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
however do note that you would need to pay USD200 if signing up at the hotel. When i first tried to enroll into the ambassador program at the hotel 2 years ago, the hotel told me they do not accept the 24k points redemption for ambassador enrollment.

mine enrollment online using 24k points was immediate.

Last edited by BBxCoreb; Feb 24, 2015 at 7:38 am
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Mine was done the following day. The pack takes a while to come through - not received mine from signing up on 6 Feb - states 6 - 8 weeks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:22 pm

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
My purchasing page showed either US$200 or 32000 points (today).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
ah i may be wrong, i renewed my ambassador at 24k. If i am not wrong, the initial cost is 32k. Me bad
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Mine took about 48 hours to update as well, only receiving an auto generated email with the subject Enroll: <IHG Rewards Club Number>.

The email had the details of my enrolment request and payment, which I assume was then actioned by a back office team.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Same here....renewed Amb at 24000 pts and status online updated the second day...the actual Amb Pkg arrived about two weeks later in Canada. Likely same for new accounts but I've heard if you signed up at an IC front desk as a new Amb member the Hotel could at their discretion give the benefits less the BOGO 2for1 deal of course. I'd confirm that directly with the Hotel first though if its a last minute ie a walk-in/sign up deal.....shouldn't assume so.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by AMDB7
I'd consider buying it at check-in if I was you - hotel gets rewarded for Ambassador members it signs up (or at least meets quota required from IHG) so you can usually use it as leverage for Ambassador benefits and a better upgrade.
I agree with this approach. I asked at the Porto IC what upgrade I would receive if I bought the Ambassador package. I was told I would get the duplex suite so happily went ahead and bought. Mind you, it was the depths of the post holiday doldrums, so it's possible that's why I was given such a nice upgrade.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
If I buy Ambassador package at check in
1 i will receive amb package at hotel ?
2 cost of amb package can charge to room and get some point?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by nongsom
If I buy Ambassador package at check in
1 i will receive amb package at hotel ?
2 cost of amb package can charge to room and get some point?
I do not think you will get the points if you charge to the room and you could negotiate to get the package so the fruit and room upgrade. The actual pack can take up to 8 weeks to come through.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
I do not think you will get the points if you charge to the room and you could negotiate to get the package so the fruit and room upgrade. The actual pack can take up to 8 weeks to come through.
If that stay book with point I will get upgrade?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.