Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I thought that at first too about the BOGO. The trick is to use it where the second night costs equal or more. It rarely ends up being an actual "BOGO" of the best rates, but when used right, it presents a good discount. If the second night is the cheaper, it's a waste.

For my upcoming trip, I have a stay that is $335 with the BOGO cert or $478 for the best rate right now. That definitely helps offset the cost a lot. Not to mention the room upgrade I will get, late checkout, 15k points, and points rebate. The 10% back is huge. I'll easily get 20-40k points rebated to me this year. Easily exceeds the $200 monetary value. The other perks are just icing.
Yes I've had good luck in using when 2nd night was pricier! Glad to be able to renew now and lock in the 10% rebate. I wasn't sure if it applied to existing bookings or not so have rebooked all my upcoming stays just in case - I'm still in my 'existing' AMB year though (won't tick over until Jan) but presumably that shouldn't affect things? AIUI the points should post a few weeks after each stay, is that right?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Thinking of rejoining, if I do, I know welcome kit does not arrive for 6-8 weeks, does this mean I have to wait until then to use the weekend night certificate?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Thinking of rejoining, if I do, I know welcome kit does not arrive for 6-8 weeks, does this mean I have to wait until then to use the weekend night certificate?
Ambassador support can send your Cert in PDF directly to the property.
OPENROAD and FFlash like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Apologies if a repeat answer - is the 10% points rebate cumulative w/ the old credit card that provides the same benefit?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by leland
Apologies if a repeat answer - is the 10% points rebate cumulative w/ the old credit card that provides the same benefit?
Yes, although the ambassador points almost never post automatically for me. I need to fill out a missing points form and then they post.
DaveH, leland and Tony300S like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:42 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by BigE
There's a 10k bonus right now for signing up for IC Ambassador. Does the "enroll" language indicate that it wouldn't apply to renewals (which are cheaper): " Earn 10K bonus points when you enroll in the Ambassador Program to enjoy room upgrades "?

My renewal offer says $200 plus 15k points plus 10% back on points redemptions. That 10% could be highly valuable. Might be worth 10k to 20k for me, depending on my luck with point breaks.

Meanwhile, I didn't find that the "free weekend night" was all that valuable. When I searched, it just didn't save me a whole lot compared to a prepaid booking without the certificate. I gather others have had better luck.
I got the same offer during my Oct. 2018 AMB renewal, and agree about the 10% rebate. I just redeemed 420K IHG points for a Kimpton stay in Grand Cayman.

4th Night Free = 70k Points (Premier card) / 10% Points Rebate = 42K Points (Select Card) / 10% Points Rebate = 42K Points (IC AMB Perk) so with this combo I saved 154K IHG points in one trip!!! ^

The 8th night would have been free as well but it just didn't work out with my flights. Next time
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:55 pm

Do the paper BOGO certs still work? I never got an electronic cert and our paper one doesn't expire for a few more months. We have a BOGO stay in 2 weeks.

Last edited by nock; Mar 31, 2019 at 9:49 pm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
paper BOGO certs must be to use. - -.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:51 am

Only last week I still received a paper BOGO, valid up until 02/2020.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Looking for some strategic advice on (a) renewing and (b) tracking points rebates.

I get the same $200 for 15K points and a 10% rebate, which I'm planning to grab. I expire May 31. My hesitation is that if I renew early, I might prevent an offer to renew on the next accelerate promo. OTOH, they might devalue the renewal offer between now and then too. I don't recall when the last time they devalued was...any informed thoughts?

As for tracking, I find it very difficult to figure out whether I'm getting all the rebated points I'm entitled to. Someone above mentioned having to request manually that this be done every time. Are there any tactics that have worked well for other ambassadors to easily track this, or to get them awarded timely?

TIA for any help!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH

As for tracking, I find it very difficult to figure out whether I'm getting all the rebated points I'm entitled to. Someone above mentioned having to request manually that this be done every time. Are there any tactics that have worked well for other ambassadors to easily track this, or to get them awarded timely?

TIA for any help!
That might have been me. I finally made an Excel spreadsheet with all my award stays and the rebates. I'm also tracking the credit card 10% so it serves 2 purposes. The ambassador rebate posts less reliably, but with my missing points requests and the random points that don't seem to correspond to any specific stays I come out ahead.
Tony300S likes this.

Last edited by Deez Nutz; Apr 1, 2019 at 7:13 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:07 pm

how long before you get the BOGO cert when enrolled?

anyone can give me a timeline how long from enrolling to getting the BOGO cert?? i'm planning on booking at June 20.. but if I enroll at may or begining on June.. will I be too late to wait for the certificate to mail to me? i'm los angeles.

Last edited by freeblue; Apr 5, 2019 at 9:13 pm
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by freeblue
anyone can give me a timeline how long from enrolling to getting the BOGO cert?? i'm planning on booking at June 20.. but if I enroll at may or begining on June.. will I be too late to wait for the certificate to mail to me? i'm los angeles.
It should be issued electronically now - haven't heard how long they're taking to issue them but should hopefully be quicker than the old system!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by freeblue
See the posts just above yours. There are reports that paper certs are still being issued. Personally, I've not gotten an electronic cert, but if you enroll sometime in May, you should have the certificate in time.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by DaveH
Looking for some strategic advice on (a) renewing.....

I get the same $200 for 15K points and a 10% rebate, which I'm planning to grab. I expire May 31. My hesitation is that if I renew early, I might prevent an offer to renew on the next accelerate promo.

TIA for any help!
Personally, I've never had a renewal task on a IHG promo ever so I wouldn't let that hold you up.

It might be something triggered if you let it lapse for an extended period of time but I wouldn't count on IHG adding it in to your tasks ahead of expiration, they just aren't that proactive and their task are often super random IMO haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.