Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Used to be within 72h no?
Give them a call and ask or read T&C.
Or maybe another flyertalker with the recent experience will reply you.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Does anyone know how long it takes for your status to change from Spire Elite to Ambassador Spire Elite? Is it overnight?
Took about 32 hours for mine - about 3 weeks ago
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
What happens if you get to a hotel and there is no upgrade offered, or if you ask, available?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
What happens if you get to a hotel and there is no upgrade offered, or if you ask, available?
It is the hotels problem, not yours. The benefit is guaranteed. Ask them what they are going to give you instead of similar value.

Upgrades are normally processed in advance and will show online to stop this happening.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:43 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Interesting topic, considering the Ambassador upgrade with points as I have the Chase CC for the extra 10% points rebate, but any benefit at non-IC hotels like the bigger Holiday Inns or HI Resorts?

BOGO Cert alone is worth it at a NYC hotel I guess, but most of my work stays are non-IC hotels. Platinum currently, soon to be Spire. Suggestions or experiences?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Interesting topic, considering the Ambassador upgrade with points as I have the Chase CC for the extra 10% points rebate, but any benefit at non-IC hotels like the bigger Holiday Inns or HI Resorts?

BOGO Cert alone is worth it at a NYC hotel I guess, but most of my work stays are non-IC hotels. Platinum currently, soon to be Spire. Suggestions or experiences?
No benefits outside of IC properties. I think it's worth it if you stay at IC properties a few times a year..
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:48 am

Should I get ambassador status for my upcoming trips?

I have 3 stays coming up later in the year at the intercontinental in Korea , Japan & Vietnam, using a combination of points and credit card free nights.

I am thinking to get the ambassador status, but do the benefits apply to award/free night stays? Is it worthwhile to buy it?

Thanks,
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by lililolo
I have 3 stays coming up later in the year at the intercontinental in Korea , Japan & Vietnam, using a combination of points and credit card free nights.

I am thinking to get the ambassador status, but do the benefits apply to award/free night stays? Is it worthwhile to buy it?

Thanks,
As per the T&Cs:

'When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay-TV film per stay, 24-hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00 am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages (where a cost for these benefits is applicable).'

Some IC hotels may offer full benefits including upgrades.

mxm135
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by lililolo

Thanks,
further to MXM135's advice, this thread is in respect of RA benefits, but good chance true for Ambassador benefits also, may assist you.

i'd get it any case, as the free night covers the cost.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ard-stays.html
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:42 am

I just renewed my AMB status, which will be my third year. After I entered my credit card info and clicked submit, it looked like everything went through fine. But on the account page, the link to renew is still there. I expected it to show that I'm renewed already. Will this correct itself soon? I just got an email from IHG but it has no subject title or message.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just renewed my AMB status, which will be my third year. After I entered my credit card info and clicked submit, it looked like everything went through fine. But on the account page, the link to renew is still there. I expected it to show that I'm renewed already. Will this correct itself soon? I just got an email from IHG but it has no subject title or message.
Exactly the same thing happened to me - blank email as well.

Two working days later, the renewal seemed to be processed, my account was updated with new expiry date and I received a proper email from IHG about it.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Exactly the same thing happened to me - blank email as well.

Two working days later, the renewal seemed to be processed, my account was updated with new expiry date and I received a proper email from IHG about it.
Ok cool. How long before you got the package in the mail?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I hope you don't need the certificate any time soon. I renewed in mid-May (similar circumstance as you, blank email, account online updated a few days later) still no sign of the package in the mail. Appears Spire Amb in the US are being affected by the delay as others in other countries have been receiving them on a timely basis.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by ARR72
I hope you don't need the certificate any time soon. I renewed in mid-May (similar circumstance as you, blank email, account online updated a few days later) still no sign of the package in the mail. Appears Spire Amb in the US are being affected by the delay as others in other countries have been receiving them on a timely basis.
2 months is really not acceptable for this... Have you contacted them?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes I've contacted them, no satisfactory responses, just apologies. There is an entire thread devoted to this topic (Amb package not received).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.