Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Are we sure we can't use free weekend night on suites?

I saw from the wiki that the free weekend night can't be used on suites. Then I saw a couple of fairly recent posts where someone talked about booking a suite and getting a higher grade suite.
I went out to the FAQs for Ambassador on IHG and specifically the free weekend night section. It doesn't mention anything regarding suites. I also went to Hong Kong IC via the Ambassador night weekend booking site and it shows suites with the higher prices.
I've already booked the highest under the suite there and was quickly upgraded to the Junior Suite. Not really considering booking the Junior Suite as it is quite pricey - in my humble opinion.
So more just curious for next time if the situation warrants - is the suite availability based on the hotel's choice, always available, or not supposed to be available at all?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:57 am

I've purchased an ambassador status yesterday but the status is not showing up in my account.
How long it takes the status to be reflected in the account?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:04 am

It takes only a few days. But if needed the hotel is able to check your status.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ehud
I've purchased an ambassador status yesterday but the status is not showing up in my account.
About end of 3rd working day as earliest (Excluding day you made your purchase)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Lenflyer64
I saw from the wiki that the free weekend night can't be used on suites. Then I saw a couple of fairly recent posts where someone talked about booking a suite and getting a higher grade suite.
I went out to the FAQs for Ambassador on IHG and specifically the free weekend night section. It doesn't mention anything regarding suites. I also went to Hong Kong IC via the Ambassador night weekend booking site and it shows suites with the higher prices.
I've already booked the highest under the suite there and was quickly upgraded to the Junior Suite. Not really considering booking the Junior Suite as it is quite pricey - in my humble opinion.
So more just curious for next time if the situation warrants - is the suite availability based on the hotel's choice, always available, or not supposed to be available at all?
In my experience go ahead and book whatever you want, I recently stayed at an IC in Dubai and booked a three bedroom suite with my BOGO coupon, and was also given an upgrade
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:47 pm

If you call them they can process it for you immediately (that's what I did).
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
You and me both. Did you get the welcome email, I did
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you join Ambassador when you check-in, does the hotel simply convert $200 USD to local currency e.g. EUR? I can only find the price listed in USD - does anyone know if there is a fixed price in other currencies?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:35 am

I just finished reading my welcome email and realized I needed to reply to it to confirm that I did indeed request Ambassador status. oops....That's been sitting in my in box for over a week. Glad I took a better look at it!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
If you join Ambassador when you check-in, does the hotel simply convert $200 USD to local currency e.g. EUR? I can only find the price listed in USD - does anyone know if there is a fixed price in other currencies?
Rate is always $200, so that us$200 is charged to your CC and goes to IHG Corporate , like any other purchases not in your CCs home currency that will get converted by the CC's issuing bank

I guess if you have it charged to your room on checkin, the hotel will convert to their in-country currency for you to pay on checkout
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Clamqueen
I just finished reading my welcome email and realized I needed to reply to it to confirm that I did indeed request Ambassador status. oops....That's been sitting in my in box for over a week. Glad I took a better look at it!
Mine did not have that message it was straight to your pack will be with you in 6-8 weeks- I am at an IC on Wednesday, should I contact the hotel?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:14 pm

Sorry, can't help you there....do you have the IHG app on your phone and does it show you as ambassador on your card (within the app)?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Clamqueen
Sorry, can't help you there....do you have the IHG app on your phone and does it show you as ambassador on your card (within the app)?
Yes I have the app, it is still snowing me as an IHG spire, no ambassador for me yet
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:40 pm

Do you guys see your upgraded room on the IHG page when yall book it or close to the check in time?

I booked an IC and I don't see any notion of my upgrade from the plat ambassador status or the fhr booking rate
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:03 am

My wife (Plat Amb) just renewed using 24000 points.She recieved her pack 2 weeks later with the usual bogof and a cert for 10000 points,which I have just applied to her account.I was expecting only 5000 points.Is this a change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.