Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:34 am

IHG IT slammed again...I can search hotels, but not log into my account.

Just rechecked my confirmation emails, and I didn't triple-book any location. Fortunately I got most of what I really needed, was just going back in to trim excess and cancel previous high-cost res's.

Seems like at least in one case, they loaded two-beds awhile after one-beds. My daughter will still have to sleep on sofa in another, unless that opens up. (I get the King!)

The South America ones I'm looking at either sold out fast, or never were loaded, more likely the latter. Oh well, speculative trips anyway, with lots of alternatives. Plenty of points left, so I'll look later.

I'll check my account one more time, clear cookies, and if that doesn't work, re-boot computer. Who knows what they've planted on it just now? The thing's overheating anyway...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:37 am

Managed to get Burnley & Darlington for the dates I needed.

Not the most sophisticated of places but I was going to be in the area for work anyway and my expenses for the year to date are a bit more than I would like them to be so this should bring things into line.

Darlington also appears to have added Exec rooms as well as standard

The booking system is very, very slow. It took about three minutes for the confirmation of my last booking to pop up on the screen.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Grabbed 2 rooms for a nice, one night weekend stay at HI Ashkelon in September with the inlaws.

Being that I live there, it's basically like paying a nominal fee for using the pool and beach and having a nice place to relax (hopefully with club access too)!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Twickenham
getting 2 Vermont hotels during fall foliage season is pretty amazing...
It is. I had booked two nights for almost $300 with Best Western. Cancelled it and booked two nights with IHG - one night in Burlington and one night in White River Junction, for 5000 points each.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
just booked 4 nights in Montevideo!

Should be a nice little getaway, 14k points to get from Rio to Uruguay and back with Smiles made it even nicer!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:02 am

I think IHG's IT is just shot - HIX Hamburg can't even pull up a calendar of available dates without failing...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:07 am

Just my luck, Holiday Inn kelowna & CP Moncton no rewards available on my dates
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:21 am

I booked three consecutive nights as three one-night stays, and now if I go for the fourth night same technique it's still free (well 5000 points) but needs my credit card authorized.

Is this new?
Or hotel specific?
Or what?
(never seen that on previous Point Breaks lists)
EDIT: When I clicked on Point Breaks it woulda been helpful if I read the very simple paragraph LOL, which now includes...
"Due to the limited availability, each member may only book two PointBreaks® Reward Nights reservations per hotel during the special offer time period."

Oops.

Last edited by zceuxbhjutf; Jul 27, 2015 at 11:40 am
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
I booked three consecutive nights as three one-night stays, and now if I go for the fourth night same technique it's still free (well 5000 points) but needs my credit card authorized.

Is this new?
Or hotel specific?
Or what?
(never seen that on previous Point Breaks lists)

Thanks.
Booking >2x "stays" at any hotel on this list can get your account closed and your points forfeited so... don't book that last night
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I had no problem logging in
and reserved 2 nights at HIX Medford OR.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by mster
Booking >2x "stays" at any hotel on this list can get your account closed and your points forfeited so... don't book that last night
Thanks, I think I'll cancel all of them. Please reply if that might also lead to adverse action.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by toptravelista
Did anyone get the SB in Napa Valley? It seems that they block all availability for the weekends and only weekdays work for the PB 5K.
I booked that Stay Bridge, but my booking was during the week. Good luck!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Wanted to stay at the HI Ironbridge but there is no availability on the weekend in August I needed, so booked HIX Kettering instead.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by happychic
Do we get 10% of the points back (500 points) for PointBreaks promotion as well?
Originally Posted by rrohio
happychic Yes we get the 10% back from the CC
What's this 10% off thing? Because I recently got 10% of the points of a reward stay back (not a PB) and I wonder why, I don't remember having subscribed to a promo like that.

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by josmon10
What's this 10% off thing? Because I recently got 10% of the points of a reward stay back (not a PB) and I wonder why, I don't remember having subscribed to a promo like that.

Thanks
If you have the IHG credit card in the U.S., you get 10% back on award bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.