Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2015 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by indivual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/pcr_package?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-GL-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

1000 Bonus poits at Indigo Hotels
http://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/global/offers/packages/its_not_all_business?cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-US-EN-ROF-AIX-MHR-INNotAllBusiness.html

Get 1000 bonus points, a free breakfast and a free drink at particpating Indigo hotel. Not always worth the extra money, so do the math. Bonus points count as "qualification points".

Regular Promotions

Q1 Promotion

Set your sights promotion

Discussion and master thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-50k-pts-more.html
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by indelible
not sure if this belongs in here...I'm looking at a room:

one booking option offers "10000 PCR points" for an additional $82 over the AAA rate...is that the same thing as IHG rewards club points? I'm confused why the text isn't the same as the rate above it with 1000 points.

edit: not worth it for me since I can MS 10k points for $50
Yes they both mean bonus IHG Rewards Club points but they seem to have simply forgotten to update the 10000 point rate's text to reflect Priority Club Rewards being renamed to IHG Rewards Club...
Old May 23, 2015, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
+1. Nicely said. I also dropped from well over 100+ nights a year holding RA for 7-8 years with maybe 60-70% at ICs to maybe 20-30 nights a year redeeming whenever paid rates are high and I get at least 1cent per point in value The best part is that IHG either don't care or can't figure it out / notice. I just got SPG Gold, so more of my business will be going that direction.
I have to agree I have been a RA for many years but its crap program in terms of the amount of points we earn, these days. Before I could register for lots of promos, without those promos, SPG is getting the bulk of my business.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by flybit
I have to agree I have been a RA for many years but its crap program in terms of the amount of points we earn, these days. Before I could register for lots of promos, without those promos, SPG is getting the bulk of my business.
Same here, IHG was my primary chain for about twelve years because of the point earning potential, but not it's just my backup and Marriott has become my primary. My IHG balance is below a half million for the first time in years. Sorry, IHG.

r
Old May 25, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
same here, just burning the stockpile now, the only thing that would get me back staying with InterCon on a paying basis would be if they offered Lifetime RA say for 10 years non consecutive RA.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
I'm looking at booking at the IC Adelaide on the AMB weekend (Fri & Sat) along with a free night I have (Thurs).
What is the likelihood I would upgraded on all 3 nights, with only one of them being paid?
Would it be better to book the IC Club room, or a lesser room and hope to be upgraded to IC Club?
Old May 27, 2015, 11:45 am

I got 1000 Points, dated 23 May, last stay at any hotel was 2 weeks Before

It just says

1000 bonus points offer
Old May 27, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter

It just says

1000 bonus points offer
is it possible it was for something you registered for, but didn't show up in your Offers? showing up a couple of weeks late is not unheard of, in my experience.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:36 am

The only thing I've registered for in 7-8 months was 2106 kick-start club 1,500 which should have earned 1500 not 1000
Old May 28, 2015, 10:40 am

The only thing I've registered for in 7-8 months was 2106 kick-start club 1,500 which should have earned 1500 not 1000

always difficult to decipher with the vagaries of IHG's IT system, at least they put 1K in, and not out^
Old May 28, 2015, 11:01 am

Here’s to you
Because it’s not always about points

Dear ........,

Thank you for registering for Set Your Sights. We love giving you exciting new ways to get the most out of your membership, and that’s what our promotions are all about. They help you get closer to the rewards of your choice and there’s another opportunity for you coming soon.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:03 am

Get #OneMoreDay Free
Use your MasterCard to stay at any US IHG branded property this summer and you could get One More Day. One lucky traveler will also check out with a 3-day VIP package for 4 to Las Vegas to stay at The Venetian® and The Palazzo®, an InterContinental Alliance® Resort—plus $1,000 spending allowance!
Old May 28, 2015, 11:06 am

just in case anyone missed it:

Share Rewards that Mean Even More Link will open in new browser window.
Register for Share Forever, stay and earn at least 65,000 bonus points and free nights to keep and share.

https://shareforever.ihg.com/amer/us...ShareForever15
Old May 28, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

It just says

1000 bonus points offer
I have three of them, each dated May 22.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:04 pm

do you think it cld be from the Share Forever campaign, that kicked off at the beginning of May?
Old May 28, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
do you think it cld be from the Share Forever campaign, that kicked off at the beginning of May?
No, because I have three of these and only two of those nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.