Wiki Posts
Search

10% rebate for points bookings for IHG Select member

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2023, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Marriott Rewards
10% rebate for points bookings for IHG Select member

I completed some stays that were booked with IHG points. I have the IHG select credit card and am supposed to get 10% rebate back in points. It's been 3 weeks since my stay was completed but I havn't seen the points posted. How long does it normally take for the 10% rebate to post? Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The rebate for the two stays I redeemed this year have posted two weeks after checkout. IHG customer care will manually post the points for you if it doesn’t automatically post (has happened to me once or twice), but they generally make you wait 6 weeks after checking out before they’ll do it.
th79ft and milemission like this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:05 pm

I just went back and any award stays after April 1, I didn't get the 10% back, anything before, it was correct. I'll be calling too.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had 3 points stays at the end of March, in the first week of April, and in the second week of April. At the end of April, the 10% back for all 3 of those stays posted as one "Select Credit Card 10% Redeem Rebate". So it was about a month from the first stay, and about two weeks from the last stay of that group of stays.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe it depends on which part of the month the stay occurred. There is a cut off date in the month - should the stay was before the cut off date, the10% rebate usually posts at the end of that month. If the stay was after the cut off date, the 10% rebate would need to wait till the following month to get posted. Hence you are told to wait 6 weeks. If it is still not posted by then the IHG Customer Service rep could look it up and manually posts it. They do have this ability to assist.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 1:31 pm

Do you get 10% back on annual night certificate + points booking. For example, I used award night from IHG premier card that was 54,000 points per night. The certificate takes care of 40,000 points and I had to use 14,000 points. Would I get 10% back on that 14,000 points.

FYI, I had an award stay on 08/25 and was credited 10% back on 09/14.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by vitaminJ
Do you get 10% back on annual night certificate + points booking. For example, I used award night from IHG premier card that was 54,000 points per night. The certificate takes care of 40,000 points and I had to use 14,000 points. Would I get 10% back on that 14,000 points.

FYI, I had an award stay on 08/25 and was credited 10% back on 09/14.
I checked out on a points stay 9/12. I also got the 10% back on 9/14. Yes, you will get 10% back on any points used even if it is in combination with the free night award that is capped out at 40K points. This seems to be a gray area that IHG doesn't address. It just occurs.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I had 3 points stays at the end of March, in the first week of April, and in the second week of April. At the end of April, the 10% back for all 3 of those stays posted as one "Select Credit Card 10% Redeem Rebate". So it was about a month from the first stay, and about two weeks from the last stay of that group of stays.
I had two back-to-back fourth-night-free stays in early September; the points posted by mid-September.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:50 pm

I'm still waiting on a 10% rebate from a 9/2/2023 checkout and a 9/18/2023 checkout.

9/2 was a 40K cert plus 23k points so I'm not sure if that qualifies for the 10%,

9/18 was 3 nights, 2 using all points and one 40k Select cert.

Last edited by flyer4512; Oct 17, 2023 at 8:06 pm
Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm still waiting on a 10% rebate from a 9/2/2023 checkout and a 9/18/2023 checkout.

9/2 was a 40K cert plus 23k points so I'm not sure if that qualifies for the 10%,

9/18 was 3 nights, 2 using all points and one 40k Select cert.
Anything on this yet? I am in a similar situation with similar dates and also a 40K cert plus top off. Still nothing yet in terms of a 10% rebate.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Anything on this yet? I am in a similar situation with similar dates and also a 40K cert plus top off. Still nothing yet in terms of a 10% rebate.
The nights I paid for in all points posted but nothing so far on the 40K cert plus 23K (possibly 2300 points back) night.

Since the points posted from a checkout date ( 9/18) about 2 weeks later than the checkout date where I used the cert plus points (9/2) I'm not expecting to see any points back on the cert plus points stay.

10/18/2023
Select Credit Card 10% Redeem Rebate
5,400 pts
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:55 pm

The nights I paid for in all points posted but nothing so far on the 40K cert plus 23K (possibly 2300 points back) night.

Since the points posted from a checkout date ( 9/18) about 2 weeks later than the checkout date where I used the cert plus points (9/2) I'm not expecting to see any points back on the cert plus points stay.

10/18/2023
Select Credit Card 10% Redeem Rebate
5,400 pts
same situation, did a top-off back in late June. . .no rebate posted on the top-off points.

maybe only "whole" redemptions qualify? the certificate that can be topped off is earned from the IHG Premier card, another product. i've never done a Points+Cash redemption so i don't know if those even qualify for the IHG Select Card rebate.

Chase has no incentive at this point to enhance to the Select card's feature set. if anything, they'll just start removing features like when they limited the Select's annual certificate to 40k (no top-off). personally, i'm still coming out ahead on my IHG Premier and Select cards so i'll just count my blessings for now.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyernok
same situation, did a top-off back in late June. . .no rebate posted on the top-off points.

maybe only "whole" redemptions qualify? the certificate that can be topped off is earned from the IHG Premier card, another product. i've never done a Points+Cash redemption so i don't know if those even qualify for the IHG Select Card rebate.

Chase has no incentive at this point to enhance to the Select card's feature set. if anything, they'll just start removing features like when they limited the Select's annual certificate to 40k (no top-off). personally, i'm still coming out ahead on my IHG Premier and Select cards so i'll just count my blessings for now.

At some point soon we will need to cancel our select cards as we can't get the Premier SUB while holding the select card............for now churning the business card plus the two 40K certs has worked for us but at some point we will need those premier sign up bonuses every other year.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:33 pm

At some point soon we will need to cancel our select cards as we can't get the Premier SUB while holding the select card............for now churning the business card plus the two 40K certs has worked for us but at some point we will need those premier sign up bonuses every other year.
Just my opinion: I’d keep the Select card until Chase decides to discontinue it. The 40k free night and the 10% rebate immensely outweigh the $49 annual fee.

I even think it outweighs trying to churn the Premier card as long as IHG continues to offer (periodically) those 100% bonus on points sales. I paid $500 for 100k points last time. The current signup bonus is 140k for $3000 in spend, but that $3000 in spend might be better put in other credit cards depending on what you’re currently carrying.
kevino likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by flyernok
Just my opinion: I’d keep the Select card until Chase decides to discontinue it. The 40k free night and the 10% rebate immensely outweigh the $49 annual fee.

I even think it outweighs trying to churn the Premier card as long as IHG continues to offer (periodically) those 100% bonus on points sales. I paid $500 for 100k points last time. The current signup bonus is 140k for $3000 in spend, but that $3000 in spend might be better put in other credit cards depending on what you’re currently carrying.
I have been churning for decades so I plan this stuff out and weigh the pro and cons.

We have 3 players ( my dad is P3 and does not travel so we use his points/miles) so that 140K is 420K IHG points to me every other year plus another ~420K on the business card plus referral bonuses.

You will also see higher SUB's from time to time with 140K being the floor , on my last business card which I opened in June 2023 the SUB was 165K/$3k and my dads premier personal opened in the same time frame was 175K points $3k spend.

The AF on the premier card is only $50 more per year so IMO well worth it just for the cert I can top off and 4th night free using points which is more valuable than 10% back but nice when you can stack them both.

You need a personal Premier card, Traveler card or business Premier card open to get 4th night free using points.............by staggering our churning of the premier business and premier personal we always have a 4th night free card open.

The select card earns 5 -10X at IHG properties, the Premier 26X points per $1 spent.

With IHG's new dynamic pricing I find it very hard to use the 40K cert that can't be topped off with points.

The chances of me paying a dime for points when I can easy churn is about zero but to each his own.
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 7, 2023 at 12:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.