FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1637199-next-big-ihg-promo-q1-2015-50k-pts-more.html)

pr0digy25 Dec 14, 2014 11:04 am

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

If you're chasing the IHG promos like me, looks like one of the blogs got wind of the new Q1 IHG promo.

Guess this is new 2015 version of "Into The Nights". Hopefully this one is easier to do, cause the last one was unattainable for me not to mention the technical glitches!

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/12/14/i...1-apr-30-2015/

BBxCoreb Dec 14, 2014 11:08 am

Just registered for it. Seems reasonable for my goals for Q1, was more realistic as compared to Into the nights. i need something like 3 weekend stays, 3 p&c stays, 9 nights, and 2 stays on business sense package n a few little more stuff. However my travel plans for Q1 is restricted to only 1 trip, think I would give this a miss.

Points Scrounger Dec 14, 2014 11:42 am

Business sense package? I'm almost afraid to look at my offers!

pr0digy25 Dec 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Not live for me yet...how were you able to register?

Are you down under?

scoobybpc Dec 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Looks like the site isnt up (for me anyways).
Apparently we can register tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up op! Now if only I could get IHG to credit me for the current promotion lol!:D

chrism20 Dec 14, 2014 2:10 pm

They do have to be admired for at least attempting a promotion that is out of the box and for persevering with the model given the headaches it has caused.

One thing is for sure though - It MUST be making them money or it would have been canned.

Hopefully it goes well this time and there are less issues with the promo for the 1st third of 2015.

JBa Dec 14, 2014 4:37 pm

I am surprised that IHG does another promo like the previous. I wonder how many of the business travelers move on to other hotel chains.:td:

CAlex Dec 14, 2014 5:07 pm

My offer is not really going to work, as 2 of the offers are quite strange and/or difficult to meet:
- Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® - no idea where these hotels exist and what "mini" vacation means...
- Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card - I already have one, just applied 2 weeks ago :(

Spock Seat Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

I hope IHG stops separating phone apps to earn points to discourage PC users, like their last promo. Not everyone wants to use government monitored phone apps, and would rather stay with a more secured PC. Just a concern. If one earns a bonus on an app, they should also earn the same on the PC.

P.S.: I don't have a phone. LOL The scrolling screens hypnotize me; hence, I won't use the device.

Spock Seat

UpInTheAir Dec 14, 2014 5:44 pm

I certainly hope this one won't be a disaster like the Into The Nights promotion. Instead of calling it Set Your Sights, they should call it Getting It Right!

JimNC Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir (Post 23997279)
I certainly hope this one won't be a disaster like the Into The Nights promotion. Instead of calling it Set Your Sights, they should call it Getting It Right!

Won't get near this until/unless my completed (three weeks ago) Into the Nights dashboard is updated to reflect the app I downloaded two months ago.

Gagravarr Dec 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Mine looks even more impossible a target than Into The Nights was for me!

* Earn 50,000 total bonus points - Complete Your offers and Your Achievement Bonus for 50,000 total bonus points Seems to require completing all 6 offers

* 1000 points - earn when you redeem

You earned your points, now use them how you want. Redeem your points for anything from a gift card to a Reward Night and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms

* 20,400 - earn more, stay more

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 18 nights and earn 20,400 bonus points. Terms

* 6,000 points - stay a little longer

Earn 6,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights. Terms

* 8,400 points - Saturday stay bonus

Stay 3 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points. Terms

* 2,100 points - Eat, Drink, Earn bonus

Spend USD $260 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 2,100 bonus points. Terms

* 2,000 points - Get the IHG® Rewards Club Premimum Visa

Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Premimum Visa and earn 2,000 bonus points. Terms

* 10,100 points - Complete your achievement bonus

Complete 5 of 6 offers to earn an additional 10,100 bonus points. Terms

beachmouse Dec 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Spock Seat (Post 23997224)
I hope IHG stops separating phone apps to earn points to discourage PC users, like their last promo. Not everyone wants to use government monitored phone apps, and would rather stay with a more secured PC. Just a concern. If one earns a bonus on an app, they should also earn the same on the PC.

I suspect the idea is to keep you from booking a stay through a cash back or GPT rewards program site. MyPoints has been running a 10% back on IHG bookings promo, and I suspect eBates and the like also have similar ones going on. And those have typically posted as qualifying stays, so forcing people away from booking the cash back sites does keep more money in the IHG system.

rrohio Dec 14, 2014 8:24 pm

I still cant load the page

When I try to load the page it comes up page not available

jedicat666 Dec 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by rrohio (Post 23997906)
When I try to load the page it comes up page not available

Same here, probably due to high traffic or bad host reliability (here we go again?) I'll try tonight to see if i hopefully get a favourable challenge.