Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:31 am

Mine's not too bad, two international stays may be a challenge, but I'm puzzled by this weekend one:
8000 - Saturday Stays Bonus - Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points
The relevant terms say:
Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays on Saturday nights have been consumed by the member between 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive) at [all the brands..] A Saturday Stay is defined as any Stay with an unlimited number of nights having a Saturday night included within the Stay period. If a Stay is longer than 7 days, then the number of Saturdays that qualify is equivalent to the number of Saturday nights during that Stay period.
Does this mean two stays of minimum two nights, one of which must be a saturday?
Or one saturday, and one other night, across two seperate weekends?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by namdas
Mine's not too bad, two international stays may be a challenge, but I'm puzzled by this weekend one:

8000 - Saturday Stays Bonus - Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points
Does this mean two stays of minimum two nights, one of which must be a saturday? Or one saturday, and one other night, across two seperate weekends?
Based on the T&C from into the nights for that, on two different weekends, you need to stay at least friday+saturday or saturday+sunday. Longer is of course fine!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I suspect the idea is to keep you from booking a stay through a cash back or GPT rewards program site. MyPoints has been running a 10% back on IHG bookings promo, and I suspect eBates and the like also have similar ones going on. And those have typically posted as qualifying stays, so forcing people away from booking the cash back sites does keep more money in the IHG system.
Then they should stop signing contracts with referral sites instead of forcing us to buy smart phones.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Based on the T&C from into the nights for that, on two different weekends, you need to stay at least friday+saturday or saturday+sunday. Longer is of course fine!
That's great, thanks - obviously a shame it's a little harder but I've had pretty easy challenges in the last two promos. Plenty of time to plan trips we can enjoy rather than mattress run this time round, too.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
still getting an error
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:37 am

Unbelievable. I simply cannot achieve most of the offers.

My promo should really be: "As a platinum member, you've spent a fortune with IHG over the years & to thank you for your business we have offered you a promo that is unachievable & we want you to stop being an IHG customer & take your business to one of our competitors".

Last edited by joey1963; Dec 15, 2014 at 5:51 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My wife enrolled too and got min 5 nights to get 50k points. It seems the promos are getting tougher and tougher to achieve, mine too. Well it is good to have the promo now in hand so that I know I can plan stay with other chains next year and only cherrypick & burn on IHG
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:18 am

Love it. Clicked the link from the press release and - like some others, the site is not accessible at this time (page can't be displayed" message). Excellent start to the promotion!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
I got both of the following:

Go Places with the IHG App - Earn 2,400 bonus points when you download, sign in and book 2 stay(s) with the IHG App. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more

Book Directly with IHG - Book 2 stays directly through IHG and earn 1,900 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate

Do stays booked with the app count as 'directly' with IHG - i.e. can 2 stays fulfill both?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:25 am

I'm afraid to register just yet, I still have not been credited for downloading the app with ITN. And now I'm seeing that people are getting the same task? I'm going to wait until my current one posts (if it ever does).

Also, is this promotion only offering points and not free nights?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:53 am

I can only achieve 2 tasks this time, oh well.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:06 am

Anyone that has miles selected,

I get this when I try to register..

Looks like you’re a miles earner. Go to DoubleUpMiles.ihg.com to participate in our double miles promotion.

All I get is. This webpage is not available.

Does anyone know what this is about??
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
3,200 Book Directly with IHG
Book 2 stays directly through IHG and earn 3,200 bonus points.

8,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 nights and earn 8,000 bonus points.

5,000 Mini-Vacation Package
Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.

12,000 Travel Well
Enjoy a well-balanced stay at IHG’s newest brand, EVEN™ hotels, in Norwalk, CT, or Rockville, MD, and earn 12,000 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 2,000 points.
------------
Not gonna happen. I especially hate when they pick a specific hotel I have to stay at.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
IHG RC is definitely something of a disloyalty program these days...

Both the Big Wins were great for me - Into The Nights was unachievable with 14 nights.. I thought that was bad... but Set Your Sights?
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 32 nights and earn 24,000 bonus points.
Spend USD $870 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 4,700 bonus points.
I wish I hadn't logged in now...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
My offers

1,900 Book Directly with IHG
Book 2 stays directly through IHG and earn 1,900 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate.

8,800 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 6 nights and earn 8,800 bonus points.

5,000 Mini-Vacation Package
Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

2,000Earn More, Faster
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stays and get to your next reward faster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.