Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that this is a problem with any company's marketing. They are generally willing to give more to new customers, but you don't want to overdo it and feel the existing good customers feel unappreciated.

It's not that different from how credit cards give sign-up bonuses, or how a TV provider will give you a low promotional rate for the first year, or how several discounts are for new customers only.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnK
Anyone in Australia able to view the website and register?

This promotion open to all? No email yet.
URL doesn't resolve for me, so that's a no from me
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:02 am

55,700 points on offer and I won't be going for a single one. Those of you who are participating, do have fun with this offer...

5,000 Congratulations on Your Bonus
Congratulations on achieving the bonus in our previous promotion. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them how you want. Redeem your points for anything from a gift card to a Reward Night and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 nights and earn 10,000 bonus points.

4,000 Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights.

5,600 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 3 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.

600 Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend USD $39 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 600 bonus points.

1,500 Spend more on your IHG Rewards Premium Club Visa
Book and pay for your next getaway at an IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Visa® card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

28,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 7 of 7 offers to earn an additional 28,000 bonus points.
Oh, that reminds me, I need to cancel that IHG-branded credit card before the end of the year!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
500 - custom hotel search
1000 - redeem an award
7200 - book 2 stays with the IHG app
32,400 stay 30 nights
6000 - do a 4 night stay
9600 - stay at 4 hotels outside of my own country
3000 - book a bonus points package

If I do all of the above, they will add on 60,000 bonus points. This one is much better than the last quarter for me, but I doubt I'll do 30 nights.
Originally Posted by stanontour
Mine is sort of achievable
I just need to book 2 cheap international hotels, with the app, one of them a bonus package
and, spend a little extra on F&B over the next few months. A few extra pints of beer!!

You earned your points, now use them how you want. Redeem your points for anything from a gift card to a Reward Night and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms

Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 12,000 bonus points. Terms

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 34 nights and earn 30,000 bonus points. Terms

Earn 14,400 bonus points for staying at 2 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country. Terms

Spend USD $490 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 2,500 bonus points. Terms

Book and pay for your next getaway at an IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Visa® card and earn 1,500 bonus points. Terms

Earn 3,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stays and get to your next reward faster. Terms

Complete 7 of 7 offers to earn an additional 65,000 bonus points. Terms
Total points = 130200
Well, put me in the unhappy camp. You both get well over 100k points for your 30 night challenges, I get the same 50k that somebody who barely stays gets with my 30 night requirement.

Mine:

5k for Stay Once.
18k for 30 nights.
6,500 for 4 countries.
5k for Holiday Club Vacations.
5k for 2 night stay at the Venetian/Palazzo in Vegas.
2k for booking a bonus points package.
2k for apply for the IHG credit card.
And.... 13k bonus for completing all the offers.

So, 56,500 points for a ridiculous set of requirements.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker

1. Congratulations on achieving the bonus in our previous promotion. Stay once and earn 5,000

Has your dashboard been updated on the Intothenights promotion to show all stays achieved - I've had that offer on the new promotion and have completed the previous ITN one but the dashboard hasn't updated nor the points credited!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Is anyone earning miles on IHG stays?

I am asked to go here: doubleupmiles.ihg.com but the url does not work
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:26 am

Mixed bag for me

Bit of a mixed bag for me this time. I doubt I'll make it but should still get a decent amount of points out of it though.

5000 for achieving ITN
1000 for making a redemption
12400 for 15 nights
4000 for a 4 night stay
1100 for spending $270 on food
1500 for paying with the IHG Premium CC
2000 for a P&C rate
27000 for achieving 7 out of 7

The four night stay is the killer this time round and as I need 7/7 to get the full bonus its no chance. My work travel falls of the edge of a cliff in the first three months of the year. Fifteen nights is easy though. I can only assume the system when generating the offers has picked up the four nights I had at HI Preston (Pointsbreak) and also the two consecutive two night stays I done to achieve the ITN.

With the food I assume this is $270 after conversion or have they got the currency signs wrong and I need to spend £270 on food. Based on today's forex rates $270 is £171 which is doable, £270 though isn't.

Overall I should get approximately 8,000 points from it for very little work which isn't too bad I suppose.

Tempted to ask HH for a D-challenge though tbh
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:54 am

From the looks of it my wife wins for easiest requirements posted so far (50k for 4 nights with no app/package/Saturday/intl requirements)...

3200 - Book 2 stays directly through IHG and earn 3,200 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate.

8000 - Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 nights and earn 8,000 bonus points.

1500 - Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

37300 - Complete 3 of 3 offers to earn an additional 37,300 bonus points. Terms

Total: 50000
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
My offer is challenging me to stay 35 nights. 35!! There's no way that I'm going to devote ALL of my stays to IHG, especially after the clusterfork that the ITN promo was, plus they challenge me to stay in two different countries? My schedule is totally unknown and I might stay in ten different countries, or zero.

So, I'm able to get my challenges modified with Marriott just by calling. I wonder if I can do the same with IHG.

Has anyone been able to get their challenges modified by calling IHG? or email? or do i just have to have a quarter with so few stays at IHG that my challenges become more reasonable in the summer?

TIA,
Randidliyo
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:03 am

4,800 - Book 2 stays with the IHG App and earn 4,800 bonus points.
9,600 - Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 nights and earn 9,600 bonus points.
5,000 - Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations property and earn 5,000 bonus points.
2,000 - Apply here for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points
28,600 - Complete 3 of 4 offers to earn an additional 28,600 bonus points. Terms

Actually not that bad. I am pretty sure I can get 3 of 4 no problems.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
To be fair, these are promotions over and above the IHG points that you earn during your stays. I find the IHG programme outstanding and am very, very happy wth it.

I think we should put this promotion into perspective and context. Yes, the current and new promotion suck if you spend a large part of the year in IHG properties versus someone who stays a few days per year, but these are free extra IHG points.

Anyway, it was a LOT more fun hunting for codes in the 'good, old days'!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
URL doesn't resolve for me, so that's a no from me
I cheated. I couldn't wait so used free-proxyserver.com and signed up.

A total of 71,900 points on offer.

* Go Places with the IHG App

Earn 3,200 bonus points when you download, sign in and book 4 stay(s) with the IHG App. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

* Book Directly with IHG

Book 4 stays directly through IHG and earn 2,600 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate. Terms

* Stay More, Earn More

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 10 nights and earn 10,400 bonus points.

* Getaway bonus

Stay at 1 Holiday Inn Resort® or Holiday Inn Club Vacations® destination, and earn 6,000 bonus points.

* Business Success

Book 1 stay(s) with Business Success special rate and earn 2,000 bonus points. Terms

* Globetrotter Bonus

Earn 11,200 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

* Eat, Drink and Earn

Spend USD $80 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 500 bonus points.

* Your Achievement Bonus

Complete 7 of 7 offers to earn an additional 36,000 bonus points.

Why the push for the app? I prefer to use a desktop over a mobile phone. I have had 2 smartphones and have not downloaded a single app.

I am guessing the 4 stays required to be booked with IHG app also count as the 4 stays to be booked directly with IHG?

Holiday Inn Batam is a Resort and the Business Success Rate is ~SGD50 more than advance purchase so that takes care of 2 hurdles but I cannot see the terms and conditions if 1 night is enough or whether they expect more.

If Holiday Inn Batam is a Resort then is it a Holiday Inn hotel as well? The 3 Holiday Inns outside of Australia should be relatively simple to do but it sounds like they need to be in 3 different countries outside of my country of residence?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by blindman
I'm not going near this promo for two reasons.

1. ITN is a disaster at the moment so i can't trust IHG to get this one right.
2. My targets are more unachievable -ITN was a push- and to see newbies getting more rewards for little or no effort has put me off. (The above post by hanrahantom is an excellent example of this)

I can now see why people open multiple accounts as this kind of promo encourages it!

Lets get back to the stay x get x

Simpler and rewards the loyal customers.
+1. I'm fully with you. After the ITN disaster and the headaches the rewards are not worth the hassle in my case.

Here are my details. Always 7 out of 7 - what the heck?

1. Earn 1,600 bonus points when you download, sign in and book 4 stay(s) with the IHG App.
2. Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 11 nights and earn 10,800 bonus points.
3. Book 1 stay(s) with Business Success special rate and earn 2,000 bonus points.
4. Live the InterContinental® life when you stay at 3 InterContinental hotels and earn 4,800 bonus points.
5. Earn 12,800 bonus points for staying at 4 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country. Possible, but not thrilled about that part.
6. Spend USD $130 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 700 bonus points.
7. Earn 6,000 bonus points when you book 3 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

Total: Complete 7 of 7 offers to earn an additional 39,000 bonus points. YAWN
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
55,700 points on offer and I won't be going for a single one. Those of you who are participating, do have fun with this offer...

Oh, that reminds me, I need to cancel that IHG-branded credit card before the end of the year!

If that was your list, I'd have one (1) stay with the credit card for 6500, but beyond that, I can see why you'd skip the rest.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:01 am

Point Value

Offer name

Progress

Congratulations on Your Bonus
Congratulations on achieving the bonus in our previous promotion. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW

Set Your Sights with a Custom Hotel Search
Find out where your interests and our hospitality can take you. Click here and earn 500 bonus points. TerLEARN MORE

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 19 nights and earn 14,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW

Mini-Vacation Package
Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW

Change Your View®
Stay at 5 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 7,200 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW

Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points. Terms
LEARN MORE

Earn More, Faster
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stays and get to your next reward faster. Terms
BOOK NOW

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of 7 offers to earn an additional 14,300 bonus points. Terms

I will not be applying for the CC so unless I can travel to one of the vacation spots I will not complete my offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.