Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold-1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Wyndham Diamond
Got my email today

Nothing worth making any extra effort for me...much worse than my ITN promo offer

stay 5 nights and earn 12,600 bonus points.

Book 2 stays with the IHG App and earn 12,000 bonus points.

Stay 2 weekends, including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 12,000 bonus points.

Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Earn 3,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay and get to your next reward faster.

Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 2300 bonus points.

Complete 5 of 6 offers to earn an additional 17,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Meh. I'm passing this round. You all have fun.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 nights and earn 8,400 bonus points. Terms

Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 4,800 bonus points. Terms

Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms

Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 4,800 bonus points. Terms

Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms

Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash. Terms

Complete 5 of 6 offers to earn an additional 23,500 bonus points.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Resort or Club Vacation? This is ridiculous!!

One of my offer is "Stay at 1 Holiday Inn Resort or Holiday Inn Club Vacations". Really??

I will sit out this one, just like the Into The Night.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
We received 2 different offers in our household:

1. Congratulations on achieving the bonus in our previous promotion. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.
2. Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 6 nights and earn 8,800 bonus points.
3. Stay 2 weekends, including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 4,800 bonus points.
4. Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.
5. Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.
6. Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points.
7. Complete 5 of 6 offers to earn an additional 22,400 bonus points.

1. Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 7 nights and earn 9,200 bonus points.
2. Stay 2 weekends, including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 4,800 bonus points.
3. Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® Hotels—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 4,800 bonus points.
4. Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.
5. Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.
6. Complete 4 of 5 offers to earn an additional 24,700 bonus points.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My offer looks really simple but I'm not sure of the terms since they are ambiguously worded.

500 pts for DLing the IHG app & signing in
5k for booking directly with IHG
5k to stay 3 nights
5k to stay over a weekend (Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun)
10k to stay at 2 HI brands
25k bonus for completing all.

So, if "stay 3 nights" means 3 nights in one stay then I can do it in 4 nights total. If it's 3 nights total then I can do the whole thing in 3 nights total (weekend at one HI brand; single night at another).

Edit: Actually, it's not 2 HI brands. It says "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 10,000 bonus points." So I guess two different HIX's would qualify?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
I hope IHG stops separating phone apps to earn points to discourage PC users, like their last promo. Not everyone wants to use government monitored phone apps, and would rather stay with a more secured PC. Just a concern. If one earns a bonus on an app, they should also earn the same on the PC.
Or those of us whose phone OS isn't supported by their app. If IHG wants me to use an app, they need to provide one that works on Android 2.1. Otherwise, the majority of my bonus isn't available to me and I'll not be doing any of it.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
My offer looks really simple but I'm not sure of the terms since they are ambiguously worded.

500 pts for DLing the IHG app & signing in
5k for booking directly with IHG
5k to stay 3 nights
5k to stay over a weekend (Fri+Sat or Sat+Sun)
10k to stay at 2 HI brands
25k bonus for completing all.

So, if "stay 3 nights" means 3 nights in one stay then I can do it in 4 nights total. If it's 3 nights total then I can do the whole thing in 3 nights total (weekend at one HI brand; single night at another).

Edit: Actually, it's not 2 HI brands. It says "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 10,000 bonus points." So I guess two different HIX's would qualify?

I have the same offers. I am hoping its 3 nights total (and not in one stay) ..Anyway to confirm this ? Also my previous question: Anyway to find just the minimum price for a hotel during the month or something similar in-case I might want to do a mattress run ?

Also I already have the app on my phone so am I supposed to uninstall and install again between Jan 1- Apr 30
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Anyone in Australia able to view the website and register?

This promotion open to all? No email yet.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
At least they seem to have fixed one thing: My offers page shows enrollment date 15. Dec correctly, unlike for ITN which never took my enrollment because I was too fast to register myself on the first minute
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by JohnK
Anyone in Australia able to view the website and register?
Yes, but only by using a web browser somewhere else in the world...

Checking a bit more, they seem to be using Amazon's Route 53 DNS service, which can do geo-based responses if you want it to. Asking the Amazon DNS servers for setyoursights.ihg.com from a machine in the UK gives me the various IP addresses of the IHG servers, but from Australia no response. My best guess is the boffins at IHG IT have turned on geographical DNS responses, filled in the server details for Europe and America, but forgotten about Australia (/Asia?) and left that section of the config blank. But, after all the Into The Nights problems, we could probably all guess how well this was going to work :/
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
No. It has been consistently said in past promotions that stays at a Holiday Inn Express do not count for Holiday Inn tasks. They are separate brands.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
No. It has been consistently said in past promotions that stays at a Holiday Inn Express do not count for Holiday Inn tasks. They are separate brands.
Oh, good point:

Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts , Holiday Inn Select, Holiday Inn Sunspree and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at Holiday Inn brand

I really have to wonder what they are thinking at IHG.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Set Your Sights promotion

Got my registration email this morning about the new Set Your Sights promotion. A possible 75,000 points are available. However, looking at what I have to do, it's going to be impossible for me.I'll easily get 12,500 points for staying 10 nights, but won't achieve any of the other three 12,500 point targets. Achieving all four targets will then earn me a 25,000 point bonus.

So, to sum up the Set Your Sights promotion in one word: pants.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
I know that everyone is saying that these offers are not meant to be a 'thank you' but a challenge ...and I agree BUT it seems to me that for the people who stay a lot the mix of the challenges is making it seem that they are trying to make it impossible thus not having to give away points whilst throwing loads at people who stay 5 nights a year. I have no problem with their plan to get the lower stayers to stay more BUT they should also be careful in assuming that the people who have stayed over 120 nights in the last year dont just call it a day......getting a 5 a year stayer to 10 nights is great....losing a 120 night a year person..is just careless......or idiotic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.