Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
4800 Travel with the IHG App
Book 2 stays with the IHG app, earn 4800 bonus points.

8400 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 nights and earn 8400 bonus points.

5,000 Mini-Vacation Package
Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property and earn 5,000 bonus points.

2000 Apply for IHG RC Credit Card

2000 Earn More Faster
Book 1 Bonus Point Package stay.

27800 Achievement Bonus - do four out of five above.

Probably do all but the Mini-Vac or Credit Card approval. Can't stand timeshare presentations or applying for credit cards. I'll miss out on a bunch of points, but not worth it to me for the considerable aggravation I'll feel.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
My offers this round are more achievable than ITN. The only one that's going to be really tough is the Globetrotter Bonus, as I have no international travel planned this quarter!

5,000 Congratulations on Your Bonus
Congratulations on achieving the bonus in our previous promotion. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them how you want. Redeem your points for anything from a gift card to a Reward Night and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

11,200 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 12 nights and earn 11,200 bonus points.

5,600 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 3 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points.

11,200 Globetrotter Bonus
Earn 11,200 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.

2,000 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:20 am

Cool - my ITN challenges were very do-able, and these even more so. Perk of being an IHG club newbie I guess?

500 bonus points and let your membership take you further when you download and sign into the IHG App. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

5,000 Book 2 stays directly through IHG and earn 5,000 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate.

exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

5,000 Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 3 nights and earn 5,000 bonus points.

exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

5,000 Stay with us for the weekend and earn 5,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

10,000 Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 10,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:56 am
Suspended

Book 2 stays directly through IHG and earn 3,200 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate.
Typical IHG.

Inasmuch as I have received a Points & Cash Task, although the immediate terms of the above are silent as to whether the above must only be paid stays, the general terms would appear to indicate that these must be paid stays.

Rinse and Repeat for all my other tasks except for the unique instructions for the Points and Cash Task.

Essentially, I could garner 9,500 bonus points from a 1 night stay at an Even hotel, (One of my other tasks is 1,500 points if I use my IHG MC for a stay) but I don't think I am going to bite.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Dec 15, 2014 at 11:23 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
Well...mine is far harder than the one that I couldnt achieve last time....36 nights for starters....I will be not bothering at all...wish they would go back to the simple offers...far too complex as well as (in my opinion) unfair especially to those of us that stay quite a bit....time to try a different chain....any suggestions?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:27 am

Mine seems fairly simple:

8,400 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 nights and earn 8,400 bonus points.

2,400 Go Places with the IHG App
Earn 2,400 bonus points when you download, sign in and book 2 stays with the IHG App. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

4,800 Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekends, including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 4,800 bonus points.

600 Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $39 on food or beverages at IHG hotels and earn 600 bonus points.

4,800 Stay Smart®
Stay Smart® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotels and earn 4,800 bonus points.

1,500 Spend more on your IHG® Rewards Club Visa®
Book and pay for your next getaway at an IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Visa® card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

27,500 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of 6 offers to earn an additional 27,500 bonus points.

However, the top one - stay 5 nights. Does that mean 5 separate stays of 1 night, or can it be done in conjunction with anything else; for example. the stay 2 weekends including 2 saturday nights, as thats 4 nights done if I can combine both of them?

Didn't do Into the Night at all, but considering this if I can combine some of them together.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by DBCme
Love it. Clicked the link from the press release and - like some others, the site is not accessible at this time (page can't be displayed" message). Excellent start to the promotion!
I seem to remember that ITN had the same problem, as well.

My promo:

5K Congrats on Bonus
8,400 5 nights
4,800 2 weekends, Saturday + another night
Mini Vacation: Holiday Inn Club vacations
1,500 Pay with credit card
2,000 Book 1 Bonus Points Package

Do 5 of 6: Total: 23,300 points

I stay at an ICH hotel exactly once per year, to use the free night that comes with my credit card. If I were someone who has been loyal to ICH, I would be p*ssed about somebody like me receiving the above offer, which appears to be doable with four (cheap) room nights. While I realize that loyalty programs exist not to reward past stays, but rather, to encourage future behavior, if I saw an offer like the one above sent to someone who never stays and an offer like some of the others sent to diehards, I'd be rethinking which brand I want to be "loyal" to.

Mike
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Last time, my requirements allowed me to skip the credit card application; this time it's mandatory for the 12K completion bonus, so there's a non-starter.

Not sure if 18K for 14 out of pocket nights is particularly cost effective.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Dec 15, 2014 at 11:29 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
My ITN was the popular easy one (2 HI+2 Sat night+...). Not completed yet. Now I get this:

13,200 - stay 6 nights
14,400 - discover 2 brands
12,000 - stay at 2 HIX
3,000 - book & stay 1 bonus points package
all of the above gets another 43,000

Way harder than ITN, but still very reasonable.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:34 am

Still getting an error message.Perhaps IHG IT knows I'm using wifi from a Hilton and wants to punish my disloyalty.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:45 am

Alright so I didn't register but they went ahead and emailed me my tasks anyways. It looks like I have the "download the app" task again.. I wonder how this will work, since I already had this task for ITN. And like most people, I still havent gotten credit for it yet anyways.

I wonder if they'll want me to delete the app and re-download it.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joey1963
Unbelievable. I simply cannot achieve most of the offers.

My promo should really be: "As a platinum member, you've spent a fortune with IHG over the years & to thank you for your business we have offered you a promo that is unachievable & we want you to stop being an IHG customer & take your business to one of our competitors".
Seems like you don't understand why companies run promotions. They're nothing to do with thanking anyone for their business.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Seems like you don't understand why companies run promotions. They're nothing to do with thanking anyone for their business.
Seems like you are very clever indeed & know more than most of us on here

Just saw some peoples tasks on loyaltylobby....WOW.....perhaps mine are not that bad in comparison

I can easily complete only 1 task out of 7; complete 3 max. but only at a real push, so no real incentive to go out of my way to stay in IHGs early next year.

Last edited by joey1963; Dec 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:42 pm

Got my email today, registered. Looking pretty achievable for me this time, unlike the Into the Night offer
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD,DL,UA
45,000 points for 5 nights, 2 on the app, and 2 Saturday nights. Need to charge $1,500 and do a cash + points. Won't do it unless I can do 3 of the 5 nights on business trips.

From my wife's Into The Nights deal we'll get 42,000 points or 2 free nights for 2 Saturday nights and a breakfast+points deal. THAT'S worth doing.

Haven't got my wife's offer yet. Maybe because we aren't done with Into The Nights until 12/27.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.