Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by llbad
Just an FYI, I called in today and they asked me if I wanted to enroll in the next quarters promotion. I declined since im pretty busy, and was unable to hear any of the details, or find anything online about it
You don't explain where you're based in your profile.

For those based in the Americas, this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...icas-only.html

covers the next promotion.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
There is a link on the Set Your Sights page - 'Thank you for participating in the Set Your Sights promotion. As of 30 April, 2015, the promotion has ended, but don't worry, you have an exciting new opportunity to earn valuable rewards.'
but, the link currently only goes to the expired 'double miles' promotion.
Old May 2, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jigen666
My last hurdle (6th of 7th) was to apply for the IHG Chase Card, which I did several weeks ago, but only got approved yesterday.

How long does it take for IHG to know that you applied and/or were approved?
It took mine about 3 months, literally. Finally posted after I completed my first stay of the promo which was about 10 days before it ended. I had e-mailed well before that on the credit card (applied in January) and they assured me it would post. All stays have posted to the dashboard which is completed. Some points have posted to my IHG account, some have not. Am waiting patiently for the remainder, it hasn't been that long yet.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:38 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
So any news on when the next promotion is for European residents?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
On the task page it shows all tasks completed and points awarded except the bonus for completing all tasks? Is this supposed to take longer to trigger?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by kauppias
On the task page it shows all tasks completed and points awarded except the bonus for completing all tasks? Is this supposed to take longer to trigger?
In my case there was a delay of a day between the final task's points posting(May 2) and the completed all task bonus posting (May 3).

Last edited by tentseller; May 5, 2015 at 8:29 am
Old May 9, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
So now what for those of us outside Americas? No more promos?
Old May 9, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
So now what for those of us outside Americas? No more promos?
I messaged IHGSteve at the start of the week and he said he had not heard for the rest of us.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:17 pm

Amongst the non-credit card offer people, has anyone else had none of the Set Your Sights bonuses, either offer or achievement bonuses, posts?

TIA
Old May 23, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Pay or use rewards

I'm a fairly infrequent PC user and was about to book a 2 day hotel stay and didn't notice any bonuses. Last time/last year it seems there were a gazillion bonuses to sign up for. What gives?

Since I only have about 50k points, and they'll start expiring now, and the hotel was only a low earner (Candlewood) it seems like it may be a better idea to pay with points. Agree?

Might as well use them instead of earning hardly anything (low earning rate and no bonuses).
Old May 26, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Amongst the non-credit card offer people, has anyone else had none of the Set Your Sights bonuses, either offer or achievement bonuses, posts?

TIA
I signed up for the promo (I'm in Singapore) and I completed my 5 tasks and got 50,000 bonus points. Sweet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.