Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If your corp rate is the same at Indigo then definitely stay there. Our rate is over 1k THB lower at HI and that night (Chinese New Year) Bangkok was super booked out and this HI was only one with rooms on a corp rate.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
The big problem with this hotel now is that the pool is always in the shade. I never thought I would need a wetsuit for Bangkok
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Alawyer
The big problem with this hotel now is that the pool is always in the shade. I never thought I would need a wetsuit for Bangkok
The pool is also in full view of anyone eating in the restaurant.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Yes it's by far the coldest pool I've ever been in, it gets no sun at all, hypothermia is a risk if you spend too long in there!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Just stayed here. No upgrade to club lounge as plat (or bkfst), but did get a double room upgrade and a box of coconut rolls. I like the location, even if it is in-between two skytrain stations that are spaced far apart. The comments about the pool were right on - it's a very nice pool for this level of hotel (super-long, large day beds, not crowded), but the water was very cold. I almost didn't go in, but it was ok after a few seconds of terror.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BigE
Just stayed here. No upgrade to club lounge as plat (or bkfst), but did get a double room upgrade and a box of coconut rolls. I like the location, even if it is in-between two skytrain stations that are spaced far apart. The comments about the pool were right on - it's a very nice pool for this level of hotel (super-long, large day beds, not crowded), but the water was very cold. I almost didn't go in, but it was ok after a few seconds of terror.
Are you saying as a Plat you did not receive bkfst in the lounge or restaurant?
Does not sound right.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by rebadc
Are you saying as a Plat you did not receive bkfst in the lounge or restaurant?
Does not sound right.
BigE's experience matches mine - one room type upgrade, coconut rolls without note, that's it.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by nvoi
BigE's experience matches mine - one room type upgrade, coconut rolls without note, that's it.
This is exactly what I got last month as a Plat.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:44 pm

Actually am spire ambassador - stayed there again and this time got nothing :/ the other properties really offer more but location and price are selling points for me.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
These reports of elite treatment are all over the place. Gonna roll the dice and hope for lounge access and an upgrade next week. I'll report back on my success/failure!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hockeystl
These reports of elite treatment are all over the place. Gonna roll the dice and hope for lounge access and an upgrade next week. I'll report back on my success/failure!
I stayed a night in Feb2016, but booked room whilst in reception asking what upgrade I'd get for different room categories.

Told 1-cat upgrade on lower cat room BUT booking 1-cat below Exec with Lounge access will not upgrade to include Lounge access.

So sweet spot was book room cat 2-levels below exec and get 1-cat upgade for me. I was happy with my room, good size+condition, the hotel is only 3year old.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
How is the breakfast choice there?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
It is very disappointing that Plats don't get lounge access here. The times I've been (and booked suite with lounge access) its nearly always empty or only one or 2 people in it and the staff look bored ! They could do with a few more people being given access.

And yes, the pool is arctic temperatures !
It is good sport to watch people go out there for a swim, dip a leg in and run off never to be seen out there again !!

Weighing up a stay here next week but probably won't bother purely on the basis of not getting lounge access as a Plat. and there are better hotels for the money. Plat access to the lounge might have swung it for me & I expect many others who eventually go elsewhere.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
It is very disappointing that Plats don't get lounge access here. The times I've been (and booked suite with lounge access) its nearly always empty or only one or 2 people in it and the staff look bored ! They could do with a few more people being given access.

And yes, the pool is arctic temperatures !
It is good sport to watch people go out there for a swim, dip a leg in and run off never to be seen out there again !!

Weighing up a stay here next week but probably won't bother purely on the basis of not getting lounge access as a Plat. and there are better hotels for the money. Plat access to the lounge might have swung it for me & I expect many others who eventually go elsewhere.
Yes per standard IHG t+c's Lounge access is not a benefit for as IHG Elites , Spire or Platinum level

I moved a poor Hilton Sukhumvit night here (I saw allocated Hilton room, rejected it and walked as had cancel upto 4pm to on day flex). As such I booked my night whilst standing in reception after checking on Spire treatment first.

As I expected no lounge foc, even if book 1-cat below, then upgrade w/o lounge access happens (or no upgrade) , so I booked 2cats below a club room.

The 2x Bangkok IHG hotels that previously gave Spire (and if lucky Plats) lounge access, CP and Indigo stopped foc lounge acces.

HI Silom , post July2016 trial, now gives Spires (not Plats) lounge/club access if booking 1cat below a club room, quite a nice lounge as it goes.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Understanding there is no lounge access for room upgrade via status, I have booked an executive room with lounge access. Any chance that I can get further room upgrade? Will share after staying in Feb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.