FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit (Master Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1633222-holiday-inn-bangkok-sukhumvit-master-thread.html)

demue Jan 6, 2016 8:42 am

If your corp rate is the same at Indigo then definitely stay there. Our rate is over 1k THB lower at HI and that night (Chinese New Year) Bangkok was super booked out and this HI was only one with rooms on a corp rate.

Alawyer Jan 6, 2016 9:20 pm

The big problem with this hotel now is that the pool is always in the shade. I never thought I would need a wetsuit for Bangkok

rebadc Jan 7, 2016 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer (Post 25975719)
The big problem with this hotel now is that the pool is always in the shade. I never thought I would need a wetsuit for Bangkok

The pool is also in full view of anyone eating in the restaurant.

Eskimoboy Jan 7, 2016 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Alawyer (Post 25975719)

Yes it's by far the coldest pool I've ever been in, it gets no sun at all, hypothermia is a risk if you spend too long in there!

BigE Jan 9, 2016 9:24 am

Just stayed here. No upgrade to club lounge as plat (or bkfst), but did get a double room upgrade and a box of coconut rolls. I like the location, even if it is in-between two skytrain stations that are spaced far apart. The comments about the pool were right on - it's a very nice pool for this level of hotel (super-long, large day beds, not crowded), but the water was very cold. I almost didn't go in, but it was ok after a few seconds of terror.

rebadc Jan 10, 2016 12:18 am

Originally Posted by BigE (Post 25989933)
Just stayed here. No upgrade to club lounge as plat (or bkfst), but did get a double room upgrade and a box of coconut rolls. I like the location, even if it is in-between two skytrain stations that are spaced far apart. The comments about the pool were right on - it's a very nice pool for this level of hotel (super-long, large day beds, not crowded), but the water was very cold. I almost didn't go in, but it was ok after a few seconds of terror.

Are you saying as a Plat you did not receive bkfst in the lounge or restaurant?
Does not sound right.

nvoi Jan 10, 2016 2:12 am

Originally Posted by rebadc (Post 25993001)
Are you saying as a Plat you did not receive bkfst in the lounge or restaurant?
Does not sound right.

BigE's experience matches mine - one room type upgrade, coconut rolls without note, that's it.

dsquared37 Jun 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by nvoi (Post 25993180)
BigE's experience matches mine - one room type upgrade, coconut rolls without note, that's it.

This is exactly what I got last month as a Plat.

nvoi Jun 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Actually am spire ambassador - stayed there again and this time got nothing :/ the other properties really offer more but location and price are selling points for me.

hockeystl Jun 30, 2016 11:46 am

These reports of elite treatment are all over the place. Gonna roll the dice and hope for lounge access and an upgrade next week. I'll report back on my success/failure!

scubaccr Jul 2, 2016 4:29 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl (Post 26853128)
These reports of elite treatment are all over the place. Gonna roll the dice and hope for lounge access and an upgrade next week. I'll report back on my success/failure!

I stayed a night in Feb2016, but booked room whilst in reception asking what upgrade I'd get for different room categories.

Told 1-cat upgrade on lower cat room BUT booking 1-cat below Exec with Lounge access will not upgrade to include Lounge access.

So sweet spot was book room cat 2-levels below exec and get 1-cat upgade for me. I was happy with my room, good size+condition, the hotel is only 3year old.

denkigroove Dec 20, 2016 7:55 am

How is the breakfast choice there?

Sisyphus1carus Nov 6, 2017 9:32 am

It is very disappointing that Plats don't get lounge access here. The times I've been (and booked suite with lounge access) its nearly always empty or only one or 2 people in it and the staff look bored ! They could do with a few more people being given access.

And yes, the pool is arctic temperatures !
It is good sport to watch people go out there for a swim, dip a leg in and run off never to be seen out there again !!

Weighing up a stay here next week but probably won't bother purely on the basis of not getting lounge access as a Plat. and there are better hotels for the money. Plat access to the lounge might have swung it for me & I expect many others who eventually go elsewhere.

scubaccr Nov 6, 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus (Post 29025794)
It is very disappointing that Plats don't get lounge access here. The times I've been (and booked suite with lounge access) its nearly always empty or only one or 2 people in it and the staff look bored ! They could do with a few more people being given access.

And yes, the pool is arctic temperatures !
It is good sport to watch people go out there for a swim, dip a leg in and run off never to be seen out there again !!

Weighing up a stay here next week but probably won't bother purely on the basis of not getting lounge access as a Plat. and there are better hotels for the money. Plat access to the lounge might have swung it for me & I expect many others who eventually go elsewhere.

Yes per standard IHG t+c's Lounge access is not a benefit for as IHG Elites , Spire or Platinum level

I moved a poor Hilton Sukhumvit night here (I saw allocated Hilton room, rejected it and walked as had cancel upto 4pm to on day flex). As such I booked my night whilst standing in reception after checking on Spire treatment first.

As I expected no lounge foc, even if book 1-cat below, then upgrade w/o lounge access happens (or no upgrade) , so I booked 2cats below a club room.

The 2x Bangkok IHG hotels that previously gave Spire (and if lucky Plats) lounge access, CP and Indigo stopped foc lounge acces.

HI Silom , post July2016 trial, now gives Spires (not Plats) lounge/club access if booking 1cat below a club room, quite a nice lounge as it goes.

SLGO Nov 24, 2017 11:37 pm

Understanding there is no lounge access for room upgrade via status, I have booked an executive room with lounge access. Any chance that I can get further room upgrade? Will share after staying in Feb.