Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Lisbon - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Thinking of booking a stay here... For whatever reason, under "One Bed", the only room categories listed are Deluxe (base) and Club. Does that mean a one-category upgrade with Ambassador would always be to Club? There DOES seem to be an "executive river view" category but it's only listed under Twin beds? Which is obviously not what we'd want.As Ambassador, what are the odds of getting upgraded to a club-access enabled room from the base Deluxe? Hopefully none of the "upgraded to club level but no club access nonsense, but at least this propery doesn't specifically say that upgraded rooms aren't eligible like other hotels do, so i guess there is hope).If we (2 guests) had good shots of getting upgraded to a room with Club access that would obviously sway us towards the IC. Alternative would be the EPIC Sana which has similar prices for our dates of interest.
Sorry, but their upgrades never include Club access, which can be bought for 70 Euros per night per room (up to 2 pax).
​​​​​​​I know, it sucks... .
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TheShis
Sorry, but their upgrades never include Club access, which can be bought for 70 Euros per night per room (up to 2 pax).
I know, it sucks... .
Dang, I was hoping this one would actually do it because it's not explicitly written that upgraded rooms don't include Club Access. Other IC's at least put that in the description. Oh well. Thanks so much for the info to you and dw! We might just go for the EPIC Sana then.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:51 pm

Dang, I was hoping this one would actually do it because it's not explicitly written that upgraded rooms don't include Club Access. Other IC's at least put that in the description. Oh well. Thanks so much for the info to you and dw! We might just go for the EPIC Sana then.
You're welcome.
​​​​​​​I wish I had better news regarding this nasty policy of them... .
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
The IC doesn't need to, it is explicitly written into Ambassador t+c's which it is your responsibility to be aware of .
Dp69 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by scubaccr
The IC doesn't need to, it is explicitly written into Ambassador t+c's which it is your responsibility to be aware of .
I know it doesn't need to, that's why I wrote "hoping".
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
On the basis of nothing ventured, nothing gained, there's no reason you shouldn't ask about club access at check in, perhaps gently suggesting trading off any room upgrade for access. Those low-floor junior suites are dark and depressing and you might be happier in a regular room anyway.

On a rational, out of your own pocket basis, club access here at EUR70 isn't an attractive proposition.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Another three night stay this month. Much of what I posted abicve still holds true. I checked in as RA Platinum. We had a very warm welcome, and in room three notes and letters, bottles of sparkling and still water (renewed daily), a fruit plate and a box of sweets.

We were upgraded to a darkish feeling low floor junior suite with park views, king bed and double gaining couches , desk, etc. The reason is the hotel is “remodeling” (yet? again?) and there was plenty of evidentiary noise during weekday work hours.

The good, but: the Club offers excellent breakfasts, decent canapé selection and wines evenings, and wasn’t very crowded. Nice attendants, though they can be inattentive at times. It’s a bit stark moderne and not very comfortable for longer stats.

Turndown service and housekeeping are excellent.

The walk-in closet was quite spacious, with baggage ledge, drawers, laptop electronic safe, hangers area, etc.

The bathroom was very spacious, with double sink, heated floor, small shower and large tub, a semi-separate area with bidet and toilet - and a toilet paper holder placed so you had to reach under your left armpit for toilet paper.

Akla Restaurant is quite good, but they put out the full menu but only serve a limited menu and businessman’s fixed price lunch, with the more extensive options only for dinner. Bait and switch is the impression. This might be seasonal.

The bad: our shower door opened INWARD, and leaked. Otherwise, it held a rain shower, telephone handheld shower and two sets of three side nozzles. The shower is quite small and claustrophobic, so you feel like you’re eating the handheld at times, and getting in and out you have to really back into a corner (getting gouged by nozzles) to activate the door.

The hotel services directory is over two years old, so much of the information contained therein is incorrect. Really? They can’t uodate this after two years?

The thermostat is more of a placebo, and doesn’t really do much. An open window helps, but housekeeping will close it (probably because of wind and rain) if you’re not present in the room.

Though we’ve booked again in November, it’s a cancellable rate and we’re looking for alternatives.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:54 pm

ra PLATINUM?
Old May 5, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Any idea how they treat award stays for RA?
Edit: emailed the hotel and they replied stating all benefits are granted on award stays

Last edited by Lewis42; May 7, 2018 at 10:03 am Reason: Got official response from hotel
Old May 8, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just did 3 nights here as a Spire Amb. 2 nights on 241 and 3rd night on points.

Was told there was no upgrade available for me from the Junior Suite we booked. No mention at check in if we could keep that room for 3rd night (we did) or if we would get Club for 3rd night (we did).

I asked about the upgrade for first 2 nights. Despite me booking this several months ago there was literally no upgrade available or offerred. Without asking they comped us a meal including drinks for 2 in Akla.

I accepted this and we ate there the first night - it would be the best food we ate in Lisbon.

Then we were stuck with a very average room for 3 nights. Threadbare furniture, poor layout bathroom. I was really disappointed in the room.

Club was fine. No windows, but staff were nice but very rules based. No top ups at 7.01pm. Breakfast spread was fine.

All in all its not the worst IC I've stayed in, but I wouldn't return and I feel like I've burned my 241 poorly this year.

I'm not sure if it is worth a moan post stay to the Ambassador team about the hotel not making an upgrade availalbe, but then we got dinner and kept the room with Club for points, so I guess I am even.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG
I stayed here in March and availed of a generous €25 Ambassador Spire club upgrade. Couldn’t fault it for value. Polished of a bottle of champagne before moving onto a nicer local fizz. Dinner in the restaurant was awesome and a real bargain.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
How is the location for family/tourists as opposed to business travelers? We only have one full day in Lisbon and would like something close as possible to the sights. From the map it looked like NH, HI and Radisson Blu were a bit farther from the action. Would also like to get adjoining rooms - hopefully with K & 2Ts for my children.

I think I stayed at IC Lisbon about 30 years ago, but I gather that was a different property altogether. It was a great experience. Anyone dated like me who can compare the two?!

Finally any thoughts on airport transit? Hotel car service v. taxi? We have a 10am flight back to SFO - how early should we leave?

Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How is the location for family/tourists as opposed to business travelers? We only have one full day in Lisbon and would like something close as possible to the sights. From the map it looked like NH, HI and Radisson Blu were a bit farther from the action. Would also like to get adjoining rooms - hopefully with K & 2Ts for my children.

I think I stayed at IC Lisbon about 30 years ago, but I gather that was a different property altogether. It was a great experience. Anyone dated like me who can compare the two?!

Finally any thoughts on airport transit? Hotel car service v. taxi? We have a 10am flight back to SFO - how early should we leave?

Thanks
Many years' ago Lisbon's Intercontinetal was what is now the Ritz, next to door to the current IC.

Lisbon isn't a large city. The hotel is nicely situated next to the park, downhill all the way to the Baixa then the river. But that'll be uphill all the way back

The Marques de Pombal metro (hub) is about 5-10 minutes away.

Holiday Inn Express is about 10-15 minutes closer to downtown, just off the main avenue. It's a very nice HIX, not all that much cheaper than the IC, and often more expensive than the much further out, and rather hmmmmmmm, Holiday Inns. If you are Ambsasador/RA that might push you towards the IC and the benefits you'll receive.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Boraxo

Thanks
When I stayed at this hotel last January, I just used Uber to get to/from the airport. It was around $10 USD.
The hotel is a little further from the center of town, but a very quick metro or Uber ride away. Probably about a 25 minute walk.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Many years' ago Lisbon's Intercontinetal was what is now the Ritz, next to door to the current IC.

Lisbon isn't a large city. The hotel is nicely situated next to the park, downhill all the way to the Baixa then the river. But that'll be uphill all the way back

The Marques de Pombal metro (hub) is about 5-10 minutes away.

Holiday Inn Express is about 10-15 minutes closer to downtown, just off the main avenue. It's a very nice HIX, not all that much cheaper than the IC, and often more expensive than the much further out, and rather hmmmmmmm, Holiday Inns. If you are Ambsasador/RA that might push you towards the IC and the benefits you'll receive.
I've got an upcoming stay and after much agonising decided to book the HI Express at 77€ a night including breakfast instead of the IC at 200€ a night excluding breakfast. I'm an Ambassador but flight time means I don't need late check out and the 370€ saved on the room can go towards some nice meals and bars.

I like staying in nice hotels hence the tough decision but good to hear it's a nice HIX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.