Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Lisbon - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by tonaight
I will also stay the upcoming weekend at the IC...
DuMaInSin, did you get a reply by IC Lisbon?
I sent an email yesterday (Wednesday) morning to lisha.reservations at ihg.com, expressing my concerns about reviews that I read regarding the hotel being closed without prior notice and intrusive renovation works.

I asked them to confirm that the hotel will be open this weekend, especially because I will arrive after midnight. I also asked them whether they can assign a room which is not affected by the renovation works.

So far I did not get any reply
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by tonaight
I will also stay the upcoming weekend at the IC...
DuMaInSin, did you get a reply by IC Lisbon?
I sent another email, now to the GM with cc to the reservations department. This time I got a reply within two hours.

Regarding the renovation works and temporary closure this is the reply:

You are right we had to operate in limited service from the 22.02.15 until the 03.03.15 and we have tried to contact every single guests to inform them about the renovation works and alternate hotels.

Regarding your coming stay I am very pleased to confirm that the hotel will be operating and open.

As stated in our website renovations happen in our lobby and meeting spaces, but there will be minimal impact to your comfort as construction will be limited to daylight hours and will not be visible to hotel guests. [....] We look forward welcoming you at the InterContinental Lisbon tomorrow.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: available
Ok thanks for sharing!
lets see how they treat RAs booked a standard room
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:07 pm

We had a great stay. Booked a standard room and we were upgraded (platinum ambassador) to a club room on the 15th floor with river view, with "club access" and free breakfast. Fruit in room and a couple of bottles of water, replenished the 2nd day.

The breakfast is served in an area adjacent to the lobby, which actually extends partially into the lobby. The "club lounge" is at the back of this area. As a result, the lobby is a bit cramped but during breakfast you don't really notice that. There were only a handful of people in the "club lounge" Saturday evening. The selection and the service both at breakfast and evening canapes were great.

I think I heard some distant noise from the renovation works early Saturday morning (hammering) but the noise level was so low that it wasn't disturbing and to be honest I don't even know whether it was coming from within the hotel or somewhere else.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and the renovation works were in no way intrusive.

A word of caution: On Sunday morning we saw that multiple cars that were parked outside along the street opposite the hotel had their side windows smashed. If you arrive by car I suggest to park the car in the hotel parking!

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Mar 17, 2015 at 3:22 am
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:22 am

I booked a two-night Stay at IC Lisbon End of April, choosing a Club Room.

As a RA, what will I be upgraded to?

Is there anything to be aware of?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
After having been welcomed by the GM, I had the pleasure to visit yesterday evening the new club lounge (it is nearly completed, and will open next Monday).^^

So here are the pictures:
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...97943272603649

And the newly renovated lobby:
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...00352501788672
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...00499822526464
https://twitter.com/nicolas75flyert/...00926722940928
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nicolas75
After having been welcomed by the GM, I had the pleasure to visit yesterday evening the new club lounge (it is nearly completed, and will open next Monday).^^
Thanks for posting this-- it looks quite nice. Unfortunately, I was at this property two weeks ago and was not able to enjoy the new club lounge, but nonetheless, the offerings and service in the temporary club lounge were fantastic.

As a Platinum Amb I booked a Club level room, and there was some scrambling at check in when I inquired about the upgrade and they realized that somehow I had been pre-blocked into the same room category that I had booked. As I was there several hours before check-in time, they said they would try to find a junior suite for me, which I wasn't too excited about as I've heard mixed reviews of those rooms... but when I came back a few hours later they had put me in a one-bedroom suite on the top floor with a small kitchenette and dining area, and an amazing panoramic view of the city. ^
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my last stay:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25290926-post607.html
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:27 am

Got an unexpected stay at IC Lisbon for a few days. Possible to get a heads up on how the hotel is please? Read in threads of work in progress, poor lounge experiences etc.

Any guidance especially RA wise would be gratefully received.

Also given choice between Estoril and Lisbon....which would you choice....for the IC and indeed for the area itself and things to do.

Many thanks
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Got an unexpected stay at IC Lisbon for a few days. Possible to get a heads up on how the hotel is please? Read in threads of work in progress, poor lounge experiences etc.

Any guidance especially RA wise would be gratefully received.

Also given choice between Estoril and Lisbon....which would you choice....for the IC and indeed for the area itself and things to do.

Many thanks
I generally book a club room and get a fab suite.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I generally book a club room and get a fab suite.
Thanks for the heads up Land of Miles.....how is the lounge there....good offering? And what is the drinks window?

And in general what are the in-house restaurant choices like....breakfast wise and evening dining?

Have to confess although been on business trips into Oporto many times, I've never seen anything of Portugal....what is there in the vicinity of Estoril to entertain?

Also (and sorry to bombard with Q&A) would you choose Estoril over Lisbon IC? Given they such a short distance apart I have the choice work wise where to stay.

Appreciate any advice on these you may have.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I haven't been to The IC Estoril yet but will do in the new year.

The lounge breakfast is great with a good menu selection supplementing the buffet.

Lisbon is a fabulous city there is plenty to see and the hotel is well placed for most things. Lisbon also has many great dining options within 5-10 minutes very well priced uber ride. In the winter months I would favour Lisbon over Estoril definitely just for a greater variety of things to do, eat and drink.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:05 am

The lounge breakfast is great with a good menu selection supplementing the buffet.

Lisbon is a fabulous city there is plenty to see and the hotel is well placed for most things. Lisbon also has many great dining options within 5-10 minutes very well priced uber ride. In the winter months I would favour Lisbon over Estoril definitely just for a greater variety of things to do, eat and drink.
Take your point entirely and think will relocate. Maybe a little shallow on my part but could not see a great deal of any interest that bit further down coast. I'm sure in really that is ill informed but certainly I can see the advantages of Lisbon at Christmas. Thanks for the pointer
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:20 am

Was first class advise.....service, staff and RA package absolutely first class....very pleased. Glad you steered us there. Very impressed with IC Lisbon....nice folks and generous. And cheap.....a hidden diamond among the IC bigger names.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent updates from the property?

Have a purely touristy trip with family - deciding between IC and Sheraton - IC seems to have very decent rates for suites comparable to 50% off second room family plan at Sheraton...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.