Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mech11
Then there is the fact that they can change the promo any time they feel like it.
I'm not sure that would survive a consumer protection claim. Then again, there's the jurisdiction problem.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm not sure that would survive a consumer protection claim. Then again, there's the jurisdiction problem.
I don't leave for holidays for two weeks, If this isn't straightened out I'm going to cancel my Capital one IHG card and let them know why I'm not going to pay any charges on it. (only charged 4 nights so far.)

I did phone yesterday and was told it was a mistake at the "beginning", she gave me 10,000 points and bid me adieu.

Seems funny now I have to make 10 app. reservations for 7 nights. I see that as the mistake.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Bonus points offer changed

I completed my first two of 3 total tasks of my Into the Nights promotion this weekend.

My offer is 91,000 bonus points OR two free nights if I completed 3 tasks.
1) Stay 4 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide.
2) Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 points
3) Stay at an EVEN® hotel in Norwalk, CT or Rockville, MD.

Well, I booked my night at EVEN and paid with my IHG card. And I have 3 more nights booked for next month.

However, this morning I log in to check the status and it now says 46000 bonus points OR two free nights (instead of 91000 bonus points or two free nights)

I have screen shots of the original offer. I had planned to choose the points over the 2 free nights. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:30 am

Max Earning Potential
Miles
Nights
Offer Miles 0 Bonus Miles 50,000

25,000 points or 1 Free Night(s) Stay twice and get a free night or 25,000 points or 10,000 miles (1,250 AIR MILES or 160 Airpoints). Book your stay on our ihg.com web/mobile sites or IHG App. Terms

I may have this one figured out now. I think the 50,000 comes into play when you complete the 4 nights and open up "Unlock bonus offers
for the opportunity to earn additional rewards."

Which is probably book 50 times on the mobile app.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:58 am
Suspended

@zgringo14 Whether intentional or not, yours is classic bait-and-switch. I would be furious.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Amazingly, my offers didn't change, but I hadn't actually booked any stays yet. I was planning to do mattress runs in November. With this level of BS going on, I may just skip it.

Last edited by PHLisa; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:36 am
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:28 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I got an email back from the 3rd agent stating that it was correct that I had to book 59 stays. No acknowledgment that anything had changed.

I've written back asking to escalate this and to consider the trust and legal implications.

HTB.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by htb
I got an email back from the 3rd agent stating that it was correct that I had to book 59 stays. No acknowledgment that anything had changed.

I've written back asking to escalate this and to consider the trust and legal implications.

HTB.
Wow, this beyond comprehension! Not only have they sneakily changed the offers after 6 weeks but they are also pretending it was always like this!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:49 am

My offer changed from book with the application, to book 7 with the application. This totally destroys the value proposition of the promotion for me. I am just waiting to see whether or not this is a mistake before I cancel the remaining stays I had booked to complete the promotion.

If this move stands, it will forever undermine whatever faith I had in the IHG program.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Wow, this beyond comprehension! Not only have they sneakily changed the offers after 6 weeks but they are also pretending it was always like this!
It might be their IT-staff that is pretending it was always like this and customer care just trusts them. Or something.

But they should have gotten quite a many complaints by now and really should have investigated further which they seem to not have done.

Or they are just outright lying. That would not surprise me either.

Last edited by FinnishFlash; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:57 am Reason: Added last line.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
I hope you have the original e-mail confirmation. This is beyond comprehension, even if they "fix" this now, their reputation is beyond trashed.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:05 am

I normally stay at Marriotts, but this promotion was lucrative enough to create a new IHG account.

But between much stingier BRG programs (although 100% free is better than Marriott's), sketchy Into the Nights implementation and some people getting cashback portals rendered ineligible, I'm not sure it's a program I would stick with.

Very shady
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by zgringo14
I completed my first two of 3 total tasks of my Into the Nights promotion this weekend.

My offer is 91,000 bonus points OR two free nights if I completed 3 tasks.
1) Stay 4 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide.
2) Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 points
3) Stay at an EVEN® hotel in Norwalk, CT or Rockville, MD.

Well, I booked my night at EVEN and paid with my IHG card. And I have 3 more nights booked for next month.

However, this morning I log in to check the status and it now says 46000 bonus points OR two free nights (instead of 91000 bonus points or two free nights)

I have screen shots of the original offer. I had planned to choose the points over the 2 free nights. Anyone else having this problem?
Mine completely changed from the first time I looked at it. I had a screen shot too but they steadfastly have refused to re-instate the original offer. Now it has changed again from 1 to 4 nights. I emailed them again so we'll see what they say but this is ridiculous...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:53 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Response from IHGCare: Into The Nights Promo

Hello

We apologize for the recent issue regarding the Into The Nights Promotion. We have identified the solution and are moving toward quick resolution.

We have been advised of the following:
· All affected IHG Rewards Club members who we know have made progress towards the offer, but then received a revised hurdle offer, will have their offer marked as "completed."

· IHG Rewards Club will be sending a direct email communication to those members who have made progress toward their offer. We will be letting them know we will be honoring the original offer and marking their progress as complete.

· IHG will be honoring their original offer and IHG Rewards Club Members will see their offer as complete if they made progress toward it. If the members have yet to stay toward their offer, but have already registered, it will transition back to a hurdle of one stay to complete.

· IHG will not be changing any point values, so the members will receive the original amount of points that the offer showcased.

· IHG Rewards Club Members who have yet to register or to see their offers will receive the variable stay amounts. To those who may inquire why they have a variable amount, we are honoring the original offers that members saw when they received their offers. All members who are newly registering are receiving the correct variable amounts.

On a side note, I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to @IHGSteve, our new IHG Rewards Club community manager: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ihgsteve.html.

Thank You,
Kevin
IHGCare

Last edited by IHG Service; Oct 20, 2014 at 2:36 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by IHG Care
Hello

We apologize for the recent issue regarding the Into The Nights Promotion. We have identified the solution and are moving toward quick resolution.

We have been advised of the following:
· All affected IHG Rewards Club members who we know have made progress towards the offer, but then received a revised hurdle offer, will have their offer marked as "completed."

· IHG Rewards Club will be sending a direct email communication to those members who have made progress toward their offer. We will be letting them know we will be honoring the original offer and marking their progress as complete.

· IHG will be honoring their original offer and IHG Rewards Club Members will see their offer as complete if they made progress toward it. If the members have yet to stay toward their offer, but have already registered, it will transition back to a hurdle of one stay to complete.

· IHG will not be changing any point values, so the members will receive the original amount of points that the offer showcased.

· IHG Rewards Club Members who have yet to register or to see their offers will receive the variable stay amounts. To those who may inquire why they have a variable amount, simply say that we are honoring the original offers that members saw when they received their offers. All members who are newly registering are receiving the correct variable amounts.

On a side note, I'd like to take a moment to introduce you to @IHGSteve, our new IHG Rewards Club community manager: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ihgsteve.html.

Thank You,
Kevin
IHGCare
Wow. Thumbs up to IHG for stepping up. Looks like I'll be doing my stays ater all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.