Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Jigen666
So my 1 HI stay showed up on this morning's sweep on my stay "2 nights at HI hotels" & the "stay 12 nights at IHG properties". But also I booked it with the IHG app and the "Download and the Book a night with IHG app" challenge did not post to the dashboard.

Do I need to wait longer? Or should I call IHG customer service?
Same problem, and it has been a few weeks for me. Looks like it is not reliable.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I received an email this morning letting me know I've completed two of the three offers. It looks like IHG might be catching up!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:01 am

Does anybody have stays that were posted on or after Sep 22 show up yet? Or should I just wait another week?

Only have two of the stay twice get one night promo
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, United Silver, Garuda Silver, Delta Silver
Yes it works

Originally Posted by jedicat666
Ive booked a bali holiday inn express under the rate "Opening Special Rewards Club" which gives 2000 points extra and breakfast. Its not cancellable.

Does this rate count ? or no

just want to qualify 1 night requirement

I assume this is Jalan Raya Kuta HIX. This is a normal qualifying rate. I stayed 3 nights in september and they showed up on my dashboard.

The bonus points are just a nice bonus from the hotel because it is quite new. Have a nice trip.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by crimsona
Does anybody have stays that were posted on or after Sep 22 show up yet? Or should I just wait another week?

Only have two of the stay twice get one night promo
Yes, I have a stay from late last month that has shown up.

For my offer, book 2 stays through app for 8k, stay two Saturdays for 5k, and stay at an EVEN for 36k, I booked a Saturday night stay at the EVEN hotel through the app, and yet it only shows progress for two of the three, can probably guess which one it failed on, perhaps the most obvious .
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by hclee01
One of my tasks is to stay at 1 IHG Resort:
https://intothenights.ihg.com/amer/u...ghts14_DEFAULT

Can I check what hotel is considered IHG Resort for me to complete this task? Any such hotel in Asia Pacific? Thanks.
HI Resort will do. Had completed stay at HI Resort Penang and it's showed-up in my dashboard. Call Reward Club hotline for clarification.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
30% off (partner rate) is not a qualifying rate.
Yes it is

5. IHG® Rewards Club points will be awarded for stays booked under this offer.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...ish_swimmingtc
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:17 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
From someone who is new to this, the offer to get up to 60%more points by buying points just announced, a pretty good deal?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:21 pm

Your right of course Bill, (...)

I mostly do Aeroplan, mainly because points are easy to get but with them you buy at Esso you get the points next day, Thrifty used to be the same way, Rexall in a cpl. days.
IHG on the otherhand has run a similar promotion how many times, you think they could have improved by now.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Oct 8, 2014 at 9:54 pm Reason: edited personal comment out of post
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Yet he makes a good point, "Aren't they trying to promote positive feeling toward their brand?"

While it is a given that IHG's IT department sucks, don't we as customers have a right to let them know how we feel? Certainly a promo should promote the brand, and make a person like the brand. I don't see the harm in one voicing their discontent. IHG should have worked the major bugs out of the promo prior to launch. There should have been a test run using IHG employees. This is pathetic, how the dashboard doesn't work. IHG blew the promo. Certainly people who are frustrated and upset with it should not merely "cower in shame" and shut up about it. That's just not right! I've complained, heck I'm still complaining!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfo
From someone who is new to this, the offer to get up to 60%more points by buying points just announced, a pretty good deal?
Not really, IMHO. They have had promos where you get 100% bonus.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Yes it is

I stand corrected. But I would never book that rate with the hopes of getting it counted toward the promo (that's just me).

Points are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s discretion.

Just imagine trying to explain this to the IHG rep. HA!
Especially if you read the terms of that particular rate - that you say will work,

10. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or special promotions.

!!! Good luck getting it to apply.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:59 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Not really, IMHO. They have had promos where you get 100% bonus.
Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
To the best of my knowledge, when a rate qualifies for points, it qualifies for ITN, as it did for the Big Win. Presuming that IHG would go as far as manually excluding qualifying rates from ITN seems like a stretch, from caution and paranoia IMHO.

Regarding possible IHG rep explanations, it seems obvious that one should first get the stay to post as qualifying and then, after a few unsuccessful sweeps, start fighting for it to be taken into account for ITN.

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Yes it is

I stand corrected. But I would never book that rate with the hopes of getting it counted toward the promo (that's just me).

Points are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s discretion.

Just imagine trying to explain this to the IHG rep. HA!
Especially if you read the terms of that particular rate - that you say will work,

10. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or special promotions.

!!! Good luck getting it to apply.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Tracker update delay

I had a Holiday Inn stay post to my IHG account on Sept. 25, but the progress is still not noted in my Into the Nights tracker. According to the wiki, it should have updated by now. Should I be concerned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.