Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
no it is not. actually, when you book a cash+points, its merely a way for you to purchase the remaining 5000 or 10000 points for your award booking. Therefore, it is a points award booking.
Thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whats the expiration of free night award?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I'm trying to find other ways for download the app and book a stay! I have a BlackBerry Q10 and I have a stay next weekend at IC Frankfurt! I want my 11,500 points!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
my offer includes stays at interncontinental hotels as requirement..
can anyone advise where these are going cheapest?
thanks
Milwaukee generally has great rates, but parking is steep.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by lz80521
How can we choose the final bonus between points and free nights? Will there be an option to do that after completion of tasks?
I believe after the tasks are completed, we'll be presented with a choice of either "Click here to get your free nights" OR "Click here to have your 'bonus' points added to your account".

My "bonus" is 13,200 so the free nights are a whopping no-brainer!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I'm trying to find other ways for download the app and book a stay! I have a BlackBerry Q10 and I have a stay next weekend at IC Frankfurt! I want my 11,500 points!
Go to Best Buy or FutureShop, ask to play with an Andriod tablet that is connected to the internet to see if it is suitable for you.

Very easy and fast if you have a gmail account.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:23 pm

My offer makes little sense to me:

I can get either 2 free nights or 74,300 bonus points OR 2 free nights or 20,000 bonus points. The message makes me wonder which I will actually get. To make matters worse when I login it doesn;t give me any details.

"You can earn 2 free nights or 74,300 bonus points.

Into the Nights is here. It’s a fantastic new earning opportunity, and we’ve selected offers just for you. Earn 2 free nights or 20,000 bonus points when you complete 5 of 6 offers.

My offers

20,000 Points or 2 free nights
Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn 20,000 bonus points or 2 free nights

Points Value Offer Name Progress

15,000 Stay more Stay 9 nights at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide
12,000 Book on the IHG App Sign in to your IHG App and book 2 stays. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.
8,400 Weekender Stay 3 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands
16,800 Authentic experiences Stay at 3 InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts
2,000 Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card Apply here for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card and earn 2,000 points. Plus, you can earn an additional 60,000 points if you’re approved for the credit card.
100 Take our survey Take our survey. We want to hear what you think."
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Well I made reservations, and kept them fully flexible, in cases the terms of the offer suddenly change.

When booking through the app, it crashed, but later I got an email saying the reservations went through. Not very comforting but I guess that's IHG app technology for you. (First time use of app for me, but all my details were already loaded into the account).

I was too leery of using the cashback and multiplier promos on this since I'm new to their system. Probably leaving something on the table, but the offer seems good enough to me that I'm ok with that.

Ended up probably spending a little bit more that I would have expected, since I decided to make trips that I actually wanted/planned rather than mattress runs to a bedroom suburb near me. Although perhaps "cheaper" spending money like that feels like more of a waste....

Hopefully IHG can get the IT sorted out and email what the official offers are to registered participants.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:28 pm

i know why this year I made a change to hilton, because of these stupid promotions at least for me: 37 nights really. I was better with the hilton triple pt plan then staying 37 nights in 114 days. I do travel a lot, but these targeted promotions really suck. i'm glad my company gives me choice of where I stay. I have 3 more nights HI and i'm done.

27,600Stay more Stay 37 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide Terms
6,400Weekender Stay 4 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands Terms
8,000Book on the IHG App Book 2 stays via the IHG App Terms
4,800Change your view Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotel(s) Terms
2,000Apply for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:36 pm

The town I live in only has 1 HI and because I live in a major college football town, the rates at that hotel are always really high on Saturday nights. I'd like to take advantage of the fact that my parents live in a place with very cheap HIs. But the rest of this year is crazy busy for me and I'm not going to be able to go back home to see my parents until Thanksgiving/Christmas (and even in there home town, those saturday nights are not cheap).

Can I book a room with myself and my mom on the reservation and then have her check in but not stay the night at a Holiday Inn? i.e. Just check in and then leave the hotel? I'm thinking that I'll tell her to at least go to the room and leave the key on the nightstand, then she can leave. Is this doable? If it's not, my chances of taking advantage of this promo is pretty much zero.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Interesting structure this time. I get a silly number of points (about 16k) for using the app once, and about 9k for doing 3 HIX stays. The remainder of the points (about 40k) requires 8 nights, which isn't worth it for me given that I'm a little heavy on points reight now anyway.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:15 pm

For 50K, I have to complete 4/5
1. survey
2. Two sat night stays
3. Pay with IHG card
4. Stay 4 nights at any IHG hotel
5. Book breakfast+points stay

So I can get 50K pts or two free nights by doing just TWO stays. Seems like a good offer to me.
Trying to find breakfast + points is hard.

Just to confirm, AAA rate qualifies for this promo, right? Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by myb821
still no offers here yet either. This is ridiculous.
Same here for wife's new account.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12

Just to confirm, AAA rate qualifies for this promo, right? Thanks.
Would like to know this too. I am very new to IHG (and got a pretty good offer) so I would like some confirmation if possible. If I can use AAA rates, it might make sense for me to complete all of my tasks for 60K+ points.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Yes, yes, and yes, AAA rate would be a qualifying rate.

Rates that do not qualify as they do not earn points:
Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates; Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.

And NO, cash + points is NOT a qualifying rate either.

Last edited by BillyBaloney; Sep 8, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.