Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
wait... what?

That doesn't sound right. If any brand counts then why didn't they word it the same way as the nights challenge

"stay at any of our 4700 IHG...."

Unless you got that in writing, I would personally be hesitant to follow the agents advice. Although i would love if that were indeed the case
I agree. Now that I see others getting offers for "Stay 2 nights at IHG" vs "Stay 2 nights at Holiday Inn". I will call again and if they tell me the same thing I will ask for it in writing. Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Any others who still can't access their offers? I manage 3 accounts (for family) and two of them have the non-offers and 1 can't even log in...
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by italdesign
new to IHG and confused.

Mine has 2 of these: 25,000 points or 1 Free Night(s) Complete 1 offer and earn 25,000 bonus points or 1 free night(s)

But then, there's no clickable link or any info on what the offer is.
Originally Posted by gster78
I saw the same too - can't figure it out.
Clearly neither of you bothered to peruse the thread as there's many, including myself, with the same conundrum.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Double Huh??

Of course, IC properties are a member of IHG family hotels and would satisfy the IHG hotel properties if you received that task, but it certainly would not qualify as a "Holiday Inn" hotel.

As has been noted upstream and in the terms and conditions, only Holiday Inns, Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Vacation Clubs are considered "Holiday Inn" properties.
Where in the terms and conditions does it say that. Do you see that when you click terms next to the offer of staying at a Holiday Inn? Or is there a longer more complete terms and conditions that you download.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I've read in T&C that award stays do count towards into the night challenges. (correct me if im wrong!)
is this true????
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

10400 pts for 10 nights — unlikely, sorry IHG, work schedule is mostly office time until Christmas
20800 pts for 5 brands —.possible if I'm inventive but pushing it really
100 pts for the survey — sure
4800 pts for booking on IHG app —.yes will do
4800 pts for a weekend stay — possible perhaps, time permitting

All in all, I don't think I will be doing anything special to reach this bonus.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by march212006
Where in the terms and conditions does it say that. Do you see that when you click terms next to the offer of staying at a Holiday Inn? Or is there a longer more complete terms and conditions that you download.
Stay at 5 brands

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register their member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 1 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration") at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand. A Stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A Stay constitutes a qualifying Stay when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Points are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or miles if fraudulent use of the offer is detected.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by march212006
Go to the specific offer and click on the terms and conditions:

Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand.
Further, if any other IHG member property qualified as a "Holiday Inn" brand it would have said so in this restriction -- at least one would think so but we all know how bad the
IT of IHG is.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:18 am
Suspended

OK. Just read on Gary Leff's View Blog and he reports that IHG confirmed for him in writing that the free nights will work just like the credit card free nights with use at any IHG property as long as there is reward space on that day and that they are good for one (1) year from date of issuance.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Im still on the fence about the bonus point package and breakfast not including the holiday inn express:

Book 8 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number “Bonus Points Package Rate with Breakfast” rate Stays have been consumed by the member between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide (subject to availability determined by individual hotels). While lower rates may be available, they will require payment at time of booking, a minimum length of Stay or will be non-refundable. Please check at the time of your reservation to be sure you are booking the most suitable rate for your travel needs. Some restrictions apply based on individual hotel policies. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with Breakfast. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This Offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or miles if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

Although it does not mention in the terms that holiday inn express will qualify, when you click the link outlined in bold above :

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...KG-AIX-MHR-BPP

When searching for hotels via that link, holiday inn express hotels come up with the bonus point packages.

I have booked one for next week so there is a chance it could qualify.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Im still on the fence about the bonus point package and breakfast not including the holiday inn express:

Book 8 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number “Bonus Points Package Rate with Breakfast” rate Stays have been consumed by the member between 4 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn® EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide (subject to availability determined by individual hotels). While lower rates may be available, they will require payment at time of booking, a minimum length of Stay or will be non-refundable. Please check at the time of your reservation to be sure you are booking the most suitable rate for your travel needs. Some restrictions apply based on individual hotel policies. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with Breakfast. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points or miles. No retroactive points or miles will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. You must be a miles collector with a preferred alliance in order to collect miles. Frequency/ partner credits may be issued in currencies other than miles. Click here for a list of all participating airlines. All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for points or miles to be credited after checkout. This Offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or miles if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.

Although it does not mention in the terms that holiday inn express will qualify, when you click the link outlined in bold above :

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...KG-AIX-MHR-BPP

When searching for hotels via that link, holiday inn express hotels come up with the bonus point packages.

I have booked one for next week so there is a chance it could qualify.
Very curious to see what happens for you with this. I was wondering exactly the same thing after seeing that HI Express hotels show up when using the link provided. Then again you never know with IHG's IT... Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
interesting in T&C

confusion in T&Cs:

On the one hand they write:
"... must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ..."

On the other hand they write one line below:
"... Qualifying Stay at IHG brand hotels, which must be completed between 1 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 ..."

I had a 3 nights stay completed on 1 September. Would fit for the second sentence and would help me to reach app. 50% of my tasks.

But how could I register before 4 September, when they started registering on 4th?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by MrLion
confusion in T&Cs:

On the one hand they write:
... must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ...

On the other hand they wite one line below:
... Qualifying Stay at IHG brand hotels, which must be completed between 1 September 2014 and 31 December 2014 ...

I had a 3 nights stay completed on 1 September. Would fit for the second sentence and would help me to reach app. 50% of my tasks.

But how could I register before 4 September, when they started registering on 4th?
Typically though if you check out when the promo was live and the promo does begin from 1st Sept I think you have a good chance it will qualify. Obviously the track will not have updated yet and will be like the previous big wins.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
Well, a cheap android phone and a month of pay-as-you-go service shouldn't cost more than a single night mattress run.
Cheap Android phones run Android 2.x. This app requires Android 4.0 or higher.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold
If I use my account book an Holiday Inn night for a family member, will that count towards my challenge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.